Live Log for Site Updates

TheGoalNet

Just signed here. Will stay on GSBB too, but this place looks realy comfortable to use B|.

btw. for anyone, who can speak czech or slovak language, we got similar forum www.brankarske-forum.sk (old one was all lost due to technical problems, new is growing slowly). Surely it can not be any competition for GSBB even this new forum, so hopefully not mind that I put the link :).

Edited by mik

19 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

500 Followers on IG. I'm having a tough time converting IG followers to the Bulletin Board. 

I don't think that would be an easy to thing convert from IG to here. A lot of people want easily digestable pictures and following someone on Instagram is much easier than putting effort to read a forum.

That said... I've been trying to get people on my IG for a year now and have like 20 followers haha, clearly you are doing something right to gain some traction!

On 2/26/2017 at 2:30 PM, Hills said:

I don't think that would be an easy to thing convert from IG to here. A lot of people want easily digestable pictures and following someone on Instagram is much easier than putting effort to read a forum.

That said... I've been trying to get people on my IG for a year now and have like 20 followers haha, clearly you are doing something right to gain some traction!

Maybe at least the OEMs will take my IG seriously and help support our board 

I have to admit, the amount of energy it takes to get a discussion started on IG is painless. Trying to get people to migrate here is like herding cats. 

On 2/28/2017 at 1:07 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

I have an organization ocd so I prefer how message boards(or most) have specific areas for specific topics.  FB and IG are just random shit all over the place.  Its just easier to communicate on those platforms, takes less effort.  People prefer that unfortunately.

I agree about that, but I also miss the days of checking GSBB every 2-3 hours and there was always new content. IG provides that 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2017 at 11:26 PM, Hills said:

You should be able to edit for more than 5 minutes now.

Still can't go back and edit old posts.  Why is there a time limit at all?  If I wanna go back and edit a post from 3 years ago I should be able to.

On 3/6/2017 at 4:00 AM, WillyGrips13 said:

How about a "Back to top" link at the bottom of every page?

Not a bad idea but like you said, if you're on mobile you can just touch the top of the screen.  If you're on the computer you can just hit the home button.  I wouldn't mind seeing a forum jump drop box though.

19 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

How did everyone like the Factory Mad piece? The goal is to have at least 1 review or 1 OEM article per week to start. My hope is that articles will help drive content here. 

I started reading it on Sunday before I left work but didn't get a chance to finish.  I'll finish it today while I am here on over time though.