TheGoalNet

1 hour ago, thebigm said:

I am a dealer and I can't even get Canadian made CCM gear!

Side not new ExtremeFlex II pants are nice but same problem I had in my premiers inside leg stitching coming undone after 2 uses!

he also does it for a pro team here in EU. maybe that's why?

he is legit though, but from him several times before

On 3/19/2018 at 5:04 PM, thebigm said:

I am a dealer and I can't even get Canadian made CCM gear!

Side not new ExtremeFlex II pants are nice but same problem I had in my premiers inside leg stitching coming undone after 2 uses!

I had this problem on my HP12A. Was annoyed, but a cobbler got it fixed for $20. Was in those pants new with the repair for like $175?

19 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I had this problem on my HP12A. Was annoyed, but a cobbler got it fixed for $20. Was in those pants new with the repair for like $175?

I just sewed it up! Just a pain for a $300 pant and second day stitching came out!  at least the Bauer has held up for at least two skates just found the knee wasn't wide enough for my knee pads!

6 hours ago, thebigm said:

I just sewed it up! Just a pain for a $300 pant and second day stitching came out!  at least the Bauer has held up for at least two skates just found the knee wasn't wide enough for my knee pads!

Agreed 100%! I only wasn’t made because I made content with it and I got brand new pro stock pants for $150ish 

Back on the P2 talk, I have seen the pad myself and I don't know about you guys but the speed skins to me make the pad look cheap looking at it...I don't know if the materials or what have you, looks almost like a cheap toy made in China.  I think I'm leaving the speed skins out!

1 hour ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Back on the P2 talk, I have seen the pad myself and I don't know about you guys but the speed skins to me make the pad look cheap looking at it...I don't know if the materials or what have you, looks almost like a cheap toy made in China.  I think I'm leaving the speed skins out!

Just use it for the sliding surface then, it is worth it.

3 minutes ago, Hills said:

Just use it for the sliding surface then, it is worth it.

I've heard from people that the speed skins are just a gemic, has anyone used it and can totally say that it didn't annoy the crap out of them? I slide great with my P1s.  The NHL doesn't;t use it.

Plus having them at the bottom of the pad means that a piece of it would be at the bottom front of the P2, I'm going with 1 generic black colour it may look weird, partial speed skin partial regular.

3 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I've heard from people that the speed skins are just a gemic, has anyone used it and can totally say that it didn't annoy the crap out of them? I slide great with my P1s.  The NHL doesn't;t use it.

Plus having them at the bottom of the pad means that a piece of it would be at the bottom front of the P2, I'm going with 1 generic black colour it may look weird, partial speed skin partial regular.

It isn't a gimmick. The colours are really close to standard jenpro colours if not identical so it shouldn't look that weird from far.

Below is my review of the Eflex 3 pads, I could easily tell the difference of the speed skin.

https://hockeyreviews.ca/2017/07/19/ccm-eflex-3-pad-review/

1 hour ago, Hills said:

It isn't a gimmick. The colours are really close to standard jenpro colours if not identical so it shouldn't look that weird from far.

Below is my review of the Eflex 3 pads, I could easily tell the difference of the speed skin.

https://hockeyreviews.ca/2017/07/19/ccm-eflex-3-pad-review/

I hear ya, I just don't know if I'm ready to shell so much money and put speed skin on it without trying it.  Plus, I slide well with my p1 pads.  I don't know if sliding faster will be a big advantage to my game, it's not something I think about you know? And what is I slide too much? All sorts of factors to think about.

Thanks for the review!

58 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I hear ya, I just don't know if I'm ready to shell so much money and put speed skin on it without trying it.  Plus, I slide well with my p1 pads.  I don't know if sliding faster will be a big advantage to my game, it's not something I think about you know? And what is I slide too much? All sorts of factors to think about.

Thanks for the review!

But then you'd adjust, use less energy to slide the same distance and retain more energy for later in the game.

Or, you could look at it being able to do the same slide but faster, thus improving your game. ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

But then you'd adjust, use less energy to slide the same distance and retain more energy for later in the game.

Or, you could look at it being able to do the same slide but faster, thus improving your game. ;)

I think it all depends on someones game.  I don't find myself sliding that much to have the need to move faster.  It also depends on your leg strength and how fast you push, or lack there of you know?

I think it may hurt my game and also the look of my pad, I don't necessary need it.  But hopefully it's helping you :)

5 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I think it all depends on someones game.  I don't find myself sliding that much to have the need to move faster.  It also depends on your leg strength and how fast you push, or lack there of you know?

I think it may hurt my game and also the look of my pad, I don't necessary need it.  But hopefully it's helping you :)

I'm not in ccm. Warrior for life dawg. 

But yea, I'm slide happy. It works for me. 

• Like 1

Just ordered these, 

34 plus 2.5 ( im 6 foot) 

double internal no external precurved 

single adjustable btk strap 

no straps on calf just qk5

soft boot

recessed foam knee cradle wrap 

I went for the opposite Ben Bishop stars graphic 

A482D9CC-42B4-4EE7-BBFE-AC0E7C542686.png

Edited by Neucam11
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Neucam11 said:

Just ordered these, 

34 plus 2.5 ( im 6 foot) 

6' and short shins by chance?

I ask because when I purchased my Retro Flexes I also did a +2.5 and I underestimated how high the boots now sit on skates as well as how they don't really break down around the skate (like they used to.) The thigh comes up pretty high and actually has a tendency to interfere when in VH or RVH in particular. Because of that I'm looking to have them shaved down about an 1" (maybe slightly more) now. Just an FYI.

I do like how you used the color zones. Good looking set.

2 hours ago, Neucam11 said:

Just ordered these, 

34 plus 2.5 ( im 6 foot) 

Dude 34 + 2.4 sounds like its very very tall!!! THey still sit like the P1, have you tried the P1?

I have a 33+2 P1 and I'm thinking of going 1.5 maybe even plus 1.

However the soft boot overuse may bring the pad down, it looks almost too soft though, I'm going with the stiff.

Edited by mr_shifty1982
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BauerHockey47 said:

Just pre-ordered a pair of CCM Tacks AS1 goalie skates and step steel to replace my Reebok 11k goalie skates with Bauer Supreme One100 cowlings. I'm looking forward to the increased attack angle!

It's refreshing to hear goalies giving the CCM brand a try in skates. They've lacked in forward progression and/or evolving their goalie skates for the last few years but their latest lines are now being competitive. Now you might have to change your username, eh?

12 hours ago, Neucam11 said:

Just ordered these, 

34 plus 2.5 ( im 6 foot) 

double internal no external precurved 

single adjustable btk strap 

no straps on calf just qk5

soft boot

recessed foam knee cradle wrap 

I went for the opposite Ben Bishop stars graphic 

At first glace at your pad design, it looks like two white arrows pointing at the five hole. Kinna looks like an orange road sign.

The speedskin does work. What it actually excels at is maintaining the same level of sliding speed throughout the game, on rougher and softer ice. So far everyone I know with them has no complaints about durability. 

Made in China also does not mean it's poorly put together. Blame that on the materials (or lack of) and assembly processes made by the parent company. 

I've never had made in Canada gear however none of my offshore gear has ever pre-maturely broken down. I've had gear from Bauer, Brian's, RBK and warrior. They were all exceptional. If there was anything that broke too quickly, it would be attributed to either poor design/engineering and/or material used. 

You know who made shitty gear? JRZ. Their lines of Bauer gear was garbage. ESPECIALLY the catch gloves and reactor 6000 series. BUT. After I looked at it further, a lot of the faults were due to poor design by Bauer. 

But JRZ did make some really shitty gloves. It ruined the entire Reactor line of catch gloves for me.