TheGoalNet

41 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Does Koho really sell that well to keep the whole thing alive? 

I do not know, but when did you last see someone in KOHO equipment? When I do not count on very old models, just something up-to-date. In my neighborhood, I think that I´m only one alone who has at least part of the KOHO equipment... and that's because it is for return. You can´t find anything in the shop :( .

Perhaps you are right, it is not one of the major hockey brands anymore. But the KOHO brand I still think as something targeted on a specific customer.

When I had a chance to be in GoalieMonkey (can´t belive is is 3 years ago :( ), I came up with the intention of buying bauer or warrior. But KOHO pads immediately "hit me in the eye" . 

The stores are stocked well with them so you can't help but check em out.  I was surprised when I was told a new line was coming out.  Without an NHL goalie wearing it. I can't see it lasting much longer.  Then can't survive on nostalgic old Beer leaguers like me.  

Edited by Mike24

3 minutes ago, Mike24 said:

The stores are stocked well with them so you can't help but check em out.  I was surprised when I was told a new line was coming out.  Without an NHL goalie wearing it. I can't see it lasting much longer.  Then can't survive on nostalgic old Beer leaguers like me.  

For me, this is CCM Koho, not Koho when they were an independent company. Just like the last Jofa helmet was nothing like any Jofa I knew, the current Koho, whilst trying to look like the old stuff, just isn't. But that's me. That being said- I would buy a Revolution graphic blocker for old time's sake!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

For me, this is CCM Koho, not Koho when they were an independent company. Just like the last Jofa helmet was nothing like any Jofa I knew, the current Koho, whilst trying to look like the old stuff, just isn't. But that's me. That being said- I would buy a Revolution graphic blocker for old time's sake!

Well considering CCM pads are made and designed from the same people that ran Koho back in the glory years, I'd say both the EFlex and Premier are just modern Koho pads.

1 hour ago, Hills said:

Well considering CCM pads are made and designed from the same people that ran Koho back in the glory years, I'd say both the EFlex and Premier are just modern Koho pads.

Fair enough.

To clarify my remarks- yes, the modern CCM stuff is essentially Koho; however, the Koho stuff is just like the difference between a Chevy Camaro and a Pontiac Firebird, which is the same thing in slightly different packaging. The CCM were designed as their own, but the Koho gets slightly differing cosmetics; essentially the same pad. Yes- you could argue that it is Koho through and through with Lefevre running the show. It depends on how you see it. 

The most embarrassing thing was the Great Gazoo Jofa helmet- Jofas were known for being very low profile helmets with long lasting liners and then CCM comes out with this huge, ugly and full of bicycle helmet foam monstrosity with the Jofa name on it!!! 

Edited by bunnyman666
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mik said:

I do not know, but when did you last see someone in KOHO equipment? When I do not count on very old models, just something up-to-date. In my neighborhood, I think that I´m only one alone who has at least part of the KOHO equipment... and that's because it is for return. You can´t find anything in the shop :( .

A couple years ago when I first got my "vintage" kohos. I filled in for a friends team. Goalie opposite me was in 588s.  Later that year I played against different  goalie also in 588s.   I'm in south jersey not a hockey hot bed. Not many shops. Most goalies I talk to buy from goalie monkey.  

Edited by Mike24

• 4 weeks later...

Image.png

This is the new CCM skate releasing next spring. I believe this replaces the Tacks. 2019 should be a 1 piece style skate or at least 1 without a cowling. 

Details:

Asymmetrical boot (hence AS1)

3D Fitting Tech (Jet Speed player skates tech)

Soft on the top of the boot, Very Stiff Base. Designed for good movement around the posts 

14 hours ago, mik said:

Design looks little confusing to me, but maybe it is just from the picture... should it be reference on this?

No it's not just the pic, it's busy and way too busy. It's a bad update on the 570 graphic. 

I think these pads were supposed to be Koho and CCM wanted to kill the name.  The side of the pads say "powered by Koho" or something like that