TheGoalNet

1 hour ago, Big2 said:

This exactly why I try not to support CCM - Eflex 2 with a new skin!

Did the Koho pads really sell that well at GM? I know that they seem to have a lot being liquidated at our local GM store.

I've wondered that a bunch myself! Is Koho really worth it?

I bet you it isn't - we certainly don't see their products worn by anyone up here in the Montreal area!

Probably more of a beer leaguer niche product - still have yet to see any of the older goalies wearing them when I catch a glimpse of these games!

Europe maybe??

Looks like GM's Koho (in house brand) thing is dead as of now. 

With the release of the new "ccm Revolution" gear.  

Maybe someday the name gets recycled again  kind of how CCM did. 

Edited by Mike24

19 minutes ago, Mike24 said:

Looks like GM's Koho (in house brand) thing is dead as of now. 

With the release of the new "ccm Revolution" gear.  

Maybe someday the name gets recycled again  kind of how CCM did. 

I bet the Revolution pad dies after a couple years. That line is even less interesting without the Koho name 

5 hours ago, Big2 said:

I bet you it isn't - we certainly don't see their products worn by anyone up here in the Montreal area!

Probably more of a beer leaguer niche product - still have yet to see any of the older goalies wearing them when I catch a glimpse of these games!

Europe maybe??

I don´t think it is common brand in Europe. If I don´t count some realy old pieces of KOHO equipment, I can´t remember when I saw another goalie in the KOHO brand. In new "GM models" - no one, you can´t even find this in retail shops here :(.    

14 hours ago, Big2 said:

This exactly why I try not to support CCM - Eflex 2 with a new skin!

Did the Koho pads really sell that well at GM? I know that they seem to have a lot being liquidated at our local GM store.

Eflex 3 are quite a big change from Eflex 2S.

48 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I am peeved about the loss of Koho, Jofa, Canadien, D&R, and the like. The product landscape is ubiquitous and boring.

I honestly don't mind it. I think it makes sense to only have 1 brand. Think about how many brands GM had and now they are down to 3. The lines are blurred too much these days and it's too hard to establish unique brand identities for 6 brand names. 

At one point, The Hockey Company had CCM, Koho, Jofa, Titan, Canadian, and Heaton!!! 

With that said... I think CCM for forward gear and Koho for goalies could work well. Try and establish Koho as goalie only focused company like Vaughn. That's also kinda the point of keeping the Lefevre name alive though too. 

Edit: Maybe CCM for Forwards and Lefevre for goalies!!! 

Edited by TheGoalNet
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I honestly don't mind it. I think it makes sense to only have 1 brand. Think about how many brands GM had and now they are down to 3. The lines are blurred too much these days and it's too hard to establish unique brand identities for 6 brand names. 

At one point, The Hockey Company had CCM, Koho, Jofa, Titan, Canadian, and Heaton!!! 

With that said... I think CCM for forward gear and Koho for goalies could work well. Try and establish Koho as goalie only focused company like Vaughn. That's also kinda the point of keeping the Lefevre name alive though too. 

Edit: Maybe CCM for Forwards and Lefevre for goalies!!! 

Of course I miss the days of the ones you had mentioned as independent brands! But it's just a sign of the times.

On 8/3/2017 at 4:53 PM, TheGoalNet said:

CCM has a glue or coating they are putting on the tips of the pro Elastic straps 

I think this is probably wax. I recall OTNY announcing a similar feature for their masks on Facebook.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw those a few weeks ago. Terrible graphics.

Anyway, can anyone tell me if the length of CCM pants changes when the waist size changes? I seem to recall that with Warrior, the inseam stays the same regardless of what waist size you wear.

I'm in Bauer Supreme pants now, size L, and they're a bit tight and I've been thinking of going to an XL but concerned about the length. I also don't like the floating belly flap thing on the outside and want a pair of pants where the padding is on the INSIDE. 

On 8/3/2017 at 4:53 PM, TheGoalNet said:

CCM has a glue or coating they are putting on the tips of the pro Elastic straps

TGN there is no glue - the straps look like that once cut, I recently got my sons mask spruced up at Griffe and the straps needed changing and these where installed.  Supposedly these do not fray nor do they change color product looks great vs the old straps that changed color and ripped on the bottom straps ( see picture just above on the MA Fleury mask )

6 hours ago, Big2 said:

TGN there is no glue - the straps look like that once cut, I recently got my sons mask spruced up at Griffe and the straps needed changing and these where installed.  Supposedly these do not fray nor do they change color product looks great vs the old straps that changed color and ripped on the bottom straps ( see picture just above on the MA Fleury mask )

What is the substance on the tip of the straps? Is it melted elastic? Please share pics of your sons helmet 

11 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

What is the substance on the tip of the straps? Is it melted elastic? Please share pics of your sons helmet 

@TheGoalNet I checked with some friends who pretty much live on the dark web (and in their parent's basements) and the word on the street is that the substance on the tip of the straps is unicorn semen. I like that it doesn't fray, but I'll pass. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1