New paw neck guard problem

Znowleopard

49 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I honestly don't recall aside from it being a clapper that got tipped, and I didn't have time to adjust before it hit me. Didn't hit skin. It may never happen to you, but over the 30 years I've been in net I've had it happen enough, and with the availability of better materials and in place where I can spend that much, I just decided to upgrade my neck guard.

I guess my neck/clavicle situation can be compared to what other guys experience w/ stingers off the arms. I don't ever really get them, but I can see how it does to others.

It actually looked worse that it felt, but my point is when things are moving fast, gaps happen.  

I had it happen once, will never happen again.  I raised my chin to see over a screen and a clapper came through right at that second and hit me between my dangler and my chest protector.  Missed my throat by about an inch.  After that I bought a Vaughn combo and some shocktec and made my own "Maltese" for about $65 and 15 minutes of sewing.  That lasted me 6 years until it frayed to pieces from my mask rubbing on it.  I was going to make another but decided to go with a PAW instead with the intention of doing my own upgrade on it down the road, but wanted something with better build quality this time.  

On 6/11/2018 at 2:51 PM, mr_shifty1982 said:

If everyone wore the chesty properly the unit should come up to cover your necks, this is why I won't buy a neck guard for over $100 that's insane.  I bought not long ago the Bauer Vapor neck guard for like $40 and it does the job, my chest rides up so it's fine, I've seen goalie with no neck guards or danglers. @jeff da goalie

@mr_shifty1982 I have always worn a properly fitting, properly worn c/a and have had 2 clavicle fractures multiple bruises from deflections including a double deflection to the carotid artery causing swelling and a very scary few days. Things happen in Hockey. Both fractures happened wearing bauer supreme neck/clavicle under CCM premier pro c/a, Bruise to carotid happened while wearing a dangler. As I said, things happen in hockey, regardless of how much protection you wear, something can/will get through.

Archived