Internal Blocker Pad

TheGoalNet

2 hours ago, GoalieTimmy33 said:

Hi. I just responded to this in another thread.  The pad is meant to help hold the wrist in the proper wrist position and also helps with overall forearm fatigue.

Awesome, I've never seen this pads before. Very intrigued by it!

43 minutes ago, GoalieTimmy33 said:

To a certain extent yes b/c it provides a gap between the back of the hand and the board.

Thanks for info. It looks like good idea - I like to have wrist strap on blocker realy loose, so this can help with overal balance of blocker on hand after shot impact.

• 1 month later...

It was a new thing for me. I like it a lot. Aside from every thing Timmy listed, it also helps control the board to some degree. I don't like the cuffs tight on my gloves at all so this "internal" pad really adds some control and eliminates some "slop" if you like your cuffs loose. Pretty cool idea.

On 5/23/2017 at 1:22 PM, cedric35 said:

A little late on this but I believe they have been using the blocker pad since they ghosted the 9980's for Sherwood (think Senators Patrick Lalime era).

Cedric

They made Sher-Wood Pro gear?

10 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

They made Sher-Wood Pro gear?

Yep. Not sure when they started, but I believe they did Sherwood's gear all the way till the merger with TPS.

They've ghosted for several companies. The short-lived SBK (Sherbrooke hockey I believe) and the Warrior Fortress pads just before Pete Smith was brought in.

I play with a set of Warrior Fortress. I don't think Passau made the gloves.

Great set of gear. No complaints after 4+ years. Minimal wear.

Too bad Warrior never really pushed this line. It was a vast improvement over the Messiah stuff but it was understandable considering the new direction.

Got a great deal on the gear so it worked out for me.  :)

I'm a big fan of Passau and Warrior gear. When it's time for a new set, that's where I'll be looking. Edge would be to Passau because of cost and direct contact with the company/builder.

Cedric

1 hour ago, cedric35 said:

Yep. Not sure when they started, but I believe they did Sherwood's gear all the way till the merger with TPS.

They've ghosted for several companies. The short-lived SBK (Sherbrooke hockey I believe) and the Warrior Fortress pads just before Pete Smith was brought in.

I play with a set of Warrior Fortress. I don't think Passau made the gloves.

Great set of gear. No complaints after 4+ years. Minimal wear.

Too bad Warrior never really pushed this line. It was a vast improvement over the Messiah stuff but it was understandable considering the new direction.

Got a great deal on the gear so it worked out for me.  :)

I'm a big fan of Passau and Warrior gear. When it's time for a new set, that's where I'll be looking. Edge would be to Passau because of cost and direct contact with the company/builder.

Cedric

Interesting, I know that Allaire designed the Sher-Wood gear. I didn't know that is was out sourced to Passua 

Thank you all. Some history: we are actually a 30+ year company.  Well before our relationships designing and/or building for other brands, we operated as Bourdon and Bayard (among others).  We've had goalies such as Dryden and Tertiak wear our gear, several pieces of which sit in the Hockey Hall of Fame. With Passau, we wanted to bring the pro experience (of having the client get to work with a professional rep from the company to select each spec of their gear) to all goaltenders. Everything we make is truly bespoke, made in Canada and pro level (we don't do any "senior" economy lines).  While we choose to not pay the NHL licensing fees, we have several NHL goalie coaches (including the Habs' Stephane Waite) on staff as consultants.

As always, please feel free to reach out to me directly with questions.

Tim McCarthy

Director of Business Development

Passau Hockey

Tim.McCarthy@PassauHockey.com

4 hours ago, GoalieTimmy33 said:

Thank you all. Some history: we are actually a 30+ year company.  Well before our relationships designing and/or building for other brands, we operated as Bourdon and Bayard (among others).  We've had goalies such as Dryden and Tertiak wear our gear, several pieces of which sit in the Hockey Hall of Fame. With Passau, we wanted to bring the pro experience (of having the client get to work with a professional rep from the company to select each spec of their gear) to all goaltenders. Everything we make is truly bespoke, made in Canada and pro level (we don't do any "senior" economy lines).  While we choose to not pay the NHL licensing fees, we have several NHL goalie coaches (including the Habs' Stephane Waite) on staff as consultants.

As always, please feel free to reach out to me directly with questions.

Tim McCarthy

Director of Business Development

Passau Hockey

Tim.McCarthy@PassauHockey.com

I knew some of the history with Bourdon and Bayard, but I did not know about the Sher-Wood post above. Are you allowed to confirm that?

14 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I knew some of the history with Bourdon and Bayard, but I did not know about the Sher-Wood post above. Are you allowed to confirm that?

Yes, Sherwood was among the companies we have designed/built for.  For example, Jocelyn Thibault's Sherwoods were ours.

Archived