Chest Proctector Buying Decisions

24 minutes ago, Vogilny#25 said:

So when the eflex chest is that good why not even one nhl goalie plays in it? 

No one said it's THAT good...I can't seem to think that it's a #1 seller but what do I know just an assumption.  I think mainly due to size, in the NHL it's all about coverage...there are bigger chestys out there.  

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Vogilny#25 said:

Popularity =/= quality

I'd garner that most of CCM's market share is definitely in part of the endorsement deal with Price.

I swear, 90% of kids under 12 are in eflex gear.

I came from Vaughn V3 (8 Years) Bought the elfex and absolutely love it. I've only had Vaughn products but I didn't like the way the Ventus, V6 and V7 fitted. There was something off with all of them. So, I waited for the eFlex to come out and was immediately happy when I tried it on. Patience helped me out here

I Felt comfortable my first game wearing it. Minor things here and there but don't even notice them and I've worn it for 8-10 games. Great mobility in the arms and love the squared off shoulders. It's also light and keeps pretty cool throughout the game. I also like the way I look in it.

The D30 tech is also incredible. I've been swallowing up pucks. I got the Black/Red version and looks pretty sharp.

Let me know if you have any questions.

ccm eflex 2.jpg

I dont know how the eflex is but after my premier pro chest i will never ever use a ccm chesty anymore. I must say i like the look and the shape of the new eflexy chesty. So here two pics of my arms in the premier chesty. I took also some bad stingers in the belly.

20180626_223557.jpg

9 minutes ago, Vogilny#25 said:

I dont know how the eflex is but after my premier pro chest i will never ever use a ccm chesty anymore. I must say i like the look and the shape of the new eflexy chesty. So here two pics of my arms in the premier chesty. I took also some bad stingers in the belly.

20180626_223557.jpg

You have the older model or last years? I hear about these singers from the older model...

5 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Good doesn't necessarily mean they're popular.

Prior to the Optik C/A, I hated Brian's offerings. They never fit well, felt super bulky and I didn't like aesthetics of it. Thing was built super well and looked very protective, just nothing about it worked for me.

Well then there’s that, whatever works for you. Their Subzero 3 and G-Netik 2 has some good reviews though. If it wasn’t for me growing out my subzero I wouldn’t have bought the new Optik, gotta try new things 

54 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

My personal preference on "not equal to" is <>... but "not equal to" is like chesties... everyone has an opinion on them but you gotta try it on see what fits you.

For sure. I've always found that C/A's suffer from a Goldilocks syndrome.

You will always know when a chesty is just right.

2255caaadf2f6df1e4e00992206ebc05--sophisticated-wedding-bling.jpg.4e87f067e4688ca8bbb1715ef6b3a733.jpg

3 hours ago, Vogilny#25 said:

20180626_223557.jpg

Yikes... I had my Premier Pro for a few years and never had anything like that on the arms or belly. Those are some heavy shots.

Real question is did you stop the puck or did it dribble in after hitting you?

5 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Popularity =/= quality

I'd garner that most of CCM's market share is definitely in part of the endorsement deal with Price.

I swear, 90% of kids under 12 are in eflex gear.

I used to be a cynic like that. After wearing CCM gear lately, I can say it’s definitely solid stuff. 

They don’t have 50% NHL market share solely from endorsements 

5 hours ago, Vogilny#25 said:

It’s a newer model and it’s a drastic departure from traditional CCM / Reebok models. If anything, this unit could be used be used to convert Vaughn users to CCM. Not out of a Premier. 

Many pros are wearing gear 10 yrs out dated or will only change to newer models with minimal changes. Just because it’s not in the NHL does not mean it’s not good. Look at the Warrior gear. It’s very popular with members and has 0 NHL adaption 

The Shield line is very popular in Europe and was represented at the Olympics 

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

It’s a newer model and it’s a drastic departure from traditional CCM / Reebok models. If anything, this unit could be used be used to convert Vaughn users to CCM. Not out of a Premier. 

Many pros are wearing gear 10 yrs out dated or will only change to newer models with minimal changes. Just because it’s not in the NHL does not mean it’s not good. Look at the Warrior gear. It’s very popular with members and has 0 NHL adaption 

Warrior has a pretty decent following overseas.

Also, I've been in Vaughn chesties for a few years and the new eflex model definitely caught my eye. If it wasn't for the sales Rep telling me that it was apparently stiffer than the premier line (?) and how the rgt was just right, I'm pretty sure I would've made the change. 

It's kind of similar how vaughn is copying the xcm/rbk line with their new V8

11 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Thought Warrior only had stick licensing for goalie equipment...which happens to be the most popular goalie stick in the NHL if I'm not mistaken.

On 6/26/2018 at 11:22 AM, southpawtendy48 said:

Strange, Brian’s has some damn good chest protectors. 

Good at best I'd say. None of us that work there bought one, they just don't feel right.  They certainly are not better than the E-Flex or Ritual GT. They also don't offer anything in youth, junior or intermediate which hurt their popularity and sales. They have some nice piece of gear. Chest protectors are not one of them.

3 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Good at best I'd say. None of us that work there bought one, they just don't feel right.  They certainly are not better than the E-Flex or Ritual GT. They also don't offer anything in youth, junior or intermediate which hurt their popularity and sales. They have some nice piece of gear. Chest protectors are not one of them.

Agree to disagree. Mine has held up perfectly to high school varsity shots and I’d say most other chest protectors I tried on didn’t feel right to me. Although I will agree that they should probably sell more down the line than in senior. Whatever works for you and I respect your thoughts on it. 

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Very popular units by the guys that use them.

Put it this way, there are very few complaints out there about them.

I know Passau and Warrior were not in the initial mix but just wanted to had a little spices...!:)

From what i understand so far, its not possible to try on a Passau... Hard to make a safe move in those conditions.  Yes i hear a lot about satisfied customer but all of them tuck it in there pants wich i don't.  Hard to get a good idea without comparing to ones that we can try in a store...     I think @coopaloop1234 you got the ritual RT?  I could be mistaken.  Only negative point i heard about the Warrior C/A give big rebounds in the "cradeling zone".  Did you find that?  The opposite technology could be CCM with the D30 that "should" give short rebounds and make it easier to craddle the puck .  I'm a big fan of warrior now that i got my G4 set.  The R and D of Warrior is just insane.  

5 minutes ago, JF Levesque said:

I know Passau and Warrior were not in the initial mix but just wanted to had a little spices...!:)

From what i understand so far, its not possible to try on a Passau... Hard to make a safe move in those conditions.  Yes i hear a lot about satisfied customer but all of them tuck it in there pants wich i don't.  Hard to get a good idea without comparing to ones that we can try in a store...     I think @coopaloop1234 you got the ritual RT?  I could be mistaken.  Only negative point i heard about the Warrior C/A give big rebounds in the "cradeling zone".  Did you find that?  The opposite technology could be CCM with the D30 that "should" give short rebounds and make it easier to craddle the puck .  I'm a big fan of warrior now that i got my G4 set.  The R and D of Warrior is just insane.  

I was looking into Passau as well. Despite the raving review for it, not being able to try on gear really never sits with me well and I'd prefer to not take the risk.

You're right, just got the R/GT not too long ago. Can't say I've experienced the hot chest rebound issues you're referring to though. Cradles just as well as my LT90 I had before.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 11:25 AM, JF Levesque said:

I don't tuck my Passau and have no issues because it hugs your body so it stays put.  Actually I recommend not tucking it because it can get pretty hot and un-tucking allows for some better ventilation.  I wasn't sure if I would like it either so I bought a used one and dollar for dollar its probably the best gear purchase I've ever made in terms of value.

4 hours ago, jayluv54 said:

I don't tuck my Passau and have no issues because it hugs your body so it stays put.  Actually I recommend not tucking it because it can get pretty hot and un-tucking allows for some better ventilation.  I wasn't sure if I would like it either so I bought a used one and dollar for dollar its probably the best gear purchase I've ever made in terms of value.

Very insightful.?  Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Archived