Chest Proctector Buying Decisions

Bauer is good
Warrior is good
Vaughn is good
Brians is goos
CCM is good
Brown is good
etc etc.

C/A's are a very 'Goldilocks' piece of equipment. You'll need to be a tad more specific of your requirements, wearing style and other tidbits of information for us to even begin trying to help you.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I quite like my Bauer Elite (continuation of the Supreme line, higher end senior)

It's protective [enough] and comfortable. It broke in really quick, too. I can't imagine the newer line-ups having changed much, as I've always personally enjoyed Bauer for mobility and comfort. Not necessarily as beefy as some guys, though!

4 hours ago, GHS35 said:

And is Bauer any good?

If you like bulky and protective I’d go CCM. Bauer is a mix of protective and bulk so it’s not crazy like the CCM however it’s not as easy to break-in. Warrior is definitely easy to break-in and is not very bulky however there are spots where there is a gap in padding which is a concern.

On 8/1/2018 at 7:21 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Bauer is good
Warrior is good
Vaughn is good
Brians is goos
CCM is good
Brown is good
etc etc.

C/A's are a very 'Goldilocks' piece of equipment. You'll need to be a tad more specific of your requirements, wearing style and other tidbits of information for us to even begin trying to help you.

I mostly need protection, but I’m looking for bulk too. 

23 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@GHS35

Help us help you...

What are you wearing now? What do you like or dislike about it?

Do value mobility or looking big?

What’s your budget?

Do you only want a retail model or any appetite for a full custom?

I’m wearing some CCM, but I don’t know the model... You can’t get them anymore. 

Full custom is a bit excessive for me, I’m looking for retail prefferably. I value protection the most, and I need something kinda big but kinda mobile.

14 minutes ago, GHS35 said:

I mostly need protection, but I’m looking for bulk too. 

Why would you WANT bulk?? Or do you mean you want it to be big?

10 minutes ago, GHS35 said:

Full custom is a bit excessive for me, I’m looking for retail prefferably. I value protection the most, and I need something kinda big but kinda mobile.

If you want an in-stock unit that is protective and mobile, I'd go Passau. 

5 hours ago, GHS35 said:

I’d check out the CCM Premier, probably a nice evolution of what you’re wearing 

Brians GNetik huge light and mobile with great protection (I have to say that my son wears a CCM padded shirt) has been since he moved from Bauer to Brians. He had gotten a couple of stingers with the Bauer and that was the interim solution did not want to break in a new CA mid season.

He's on the latest version of the Genetik and hasn't complained in the last 12 months.

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Another I Have No Idea What I Want For a C/A Thread

Step 1.  Go to local hockey shop

Step 2.  Try shit on

Step 3.  Buy the one you like best.

*Tip*   Don't buy a Sr. level chesty if you say you want protection, Pro only.  

Don't have a store near buy?

Step 1. Buy a Passau and never look back

Your Welcome.

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Deltadre said:

Teezle, Are you referring to the Pro or the Senior model?

The Pro model. It has the robot arms, which I have positive and negative sides. Positive: I find it easier to make my arms stay square to the shooter. Negative: lack of compressibility on the plastic elbow parts means you really have to squeeze them into your sides to seal the gap between the arm and the ribs - but I also need to work on keeping my arms out in front of me when I squeeze my arms in, so some of that trouble is my own fault.

3 minutes ago, Teezle said:
3 minutes ago, Teezle said:

The Pro model. It has the robot arms, which I have positive and negative sides. Positive: I find it easier to make my arms stay square to the shooter. Negative: lack of compressibility on the plastic elbow parts means you really have to squeeze them into your sides to seal the gap between the arm and the ribs - but I also need to work on keeping my arms out in front of me when I squeeze my arms in, so some of that trouble is my own fault.

Ok. I just purchased the Senior G4 so I have the traditional arms but have yet to use it on the ice. I’m curious how much protection I’ll have in those arms.   They look similar to the G2 Pro classic and the R/GT Pro arms so if there are no complaints, maybe it’ll be fine. I’m not a fan or the robot arms or I would have considered the Pro G4. 

Archived