Greiss Pro Return Gloves - Initial Impressions

Max27

Thomas Greiss pro returns! Glove and Blocker. I got them from the NY Islanders proshop after practice today after my glove broke from a shot. 

First Impressions-

Blocker- Amazingly Comfortable, and significantly larger than my old V5 7270. I will throw a comparison in sizing with the pics of the glove and blocker. He uses an XL palm, and it is very comfortable, very soft, and feels great on your hand. I removed the lacing, which he had on incredibly loose, to make the cuff of it more open. Overall, I love the Blocker, and I can't wait to get it on ice tomorrow. I love that it has GREISS embroidered in it. Its a beautiful blocker from an aesthetics standpoint, as well as a comfortability and balance perspective.

Glove- The glove is a HUGE step-up from my previous Reebok 6K, which I got used from a Sporting Goods store called Play it Again Sports. I got it for Christmas from my Dad (Thanks for everything old man, love you) because he knew how much I wanted to become a goalie, but I was still unsure as to whether I really wanted to make the move from defense to goalie, but now I know I want to be a goalie. My Reebok glove was in good shape considering the visible wear on it, and it did what i needed it to do, and I love it. But, it does not compare in terms of comfortability, control, and overall feel that the Pro V Elite Greiss Glove gives to me. It has a 2 piece thumb and cuff, which I had on my old 6K and enjoyed the flexibility of it. It comes with a Double T, and unlike the other Double T gloves I have ever seen, the skate lace used in the pocket is the same lace used to go thru the split T. I have only seen double t pockets have a separate nylon go thru the split in the double t. The skate lace pocket, much more noticeably on the right side of the glove pocket, has a hell of a lot of puck marks and it looks dirty, which i don't mind at all to be completely honest. I love the look of puck marks, I think it shows that you're making a lot of saves and doing your job as the goalie, which is obviously to stop the puck.

Overall, I love the gloves right out of the getgo and cannot wait to get them on ice. It is an honor to use gear that a goalie in the NHL used, especially when that goalie is one of your personal favorites, and when that goalie plays on your favorite team.

IMG_2854.JPG

IMG_2862.JPG

IMG_2861.JPG

IMG_2860.JPG

IMG_2855 (1).JPG

IMG_2856 (1).JPG

IMG_2864.JPG

24 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

Great initial impressions man, seems like you're really enjoying your new set of gloves. They look awesome! Nice that you found gloves worn by one of your favourite goalies as well. Always a plus! Now go make some great saves with these!

thanks! i will be sure to. they are so nice!!!

8 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

XL palm? Jeeez, I have to order my gloves with an intermediate palm. ?

haha yeah, my old v5 had a standard palm and it was kinda tight. the xl palm fits me better,  more snug on my hand. same with the glove, the double wrist strap makes it a lot tighter and you dont need to adjust it.

17 minutes ago, Max27 said:

haha yeah, my old v5 had a standard palm and it was kinda tight. the xl palm fits me better,  more snug on my hand. same with the glove, the double wrist strap makes it a lot tighter and you dont need to adjust it.

Your V5 was also an INT blocker, so it would be smaller all around.

17 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

1. You know I'm always happy to showcase my dank meme skillz

2. I honestly am not too sure what you're referring to. lol

The jokes about my request to have more segmented threads? I moved this from Vaughn to be it's own thread. 

41 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

The jokes about my request to have more segmented threads? I moved this from Vaughn to be it's own thread. 

Oh right! Me and my aversion to change.

See, I'm so stuck in my ways that I completely blocked it out. (also, didn't even know you moved this out)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived