Kipper Spec Glove / Finn Spec

TheGoalNet

Made to the specifications of Miikka Kiprusoff (Velocity 1 Glove in Pro Spec Sizing) Unique thumb design is shaped to prevent puck skip-over and functions to direct pucks into pocket; constructed of high-tech polymers for added durability and protection Velocity design opens up the glove for added catching surface Adjustable wrist and internal hand strap system Tapered cuff design provides additional room in cuff area for added wrist movement and features Lexan composite reinforcement Pre-shaped palm break provides almost instant break-in and dramatically increases the protection Full two-piece backhand padding has high-density protection over the fingers and features a deflecting wedge to prevent pucks from impacting fingertips Extremely lightweight balanced design for quick reaction and movement

Found this description. I've never seen one in person. Seems like it was heavily geared toward taking up as much room as possible From other descriptions I've read, it's not very forgiving to pucks caught outside of the pocket and the blocking surface extends pretty far outside the fingertips.

To go along with the above comment, from what I remember, it sacrificed cuff size in order to add to the overall size of the rest of the glove.  It was supposed to open more flat, pancake style was the term used back then I believed.  I believe the break angle was different from most other Vaughn gloves of the time.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, goalie381 said:

Does anyone know if they still make and sell these?

That one went through their factory on June 27th.

You'd have to custom order one, but they can still make them.

You'll pay extra to have an older generation glove made nowadays. 

Archived