2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

1 hour ago, Moose75 said:

DnQ6CONU4AA_ZJg.jpg

Pavel Francouz.

After seeing what this guy did for Traktor, I'm feeling optimistic about him adapting to the NHL. Even if he is a full-wrong goalie.

Ha, full-wrong. Love it.

I just say Goofy.

Niceish Vaughn set.  Kinda boring, but that's normal. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Moose75 said:

DnQ6CONU4AA_ZJg.jpg

Pavel Francouz.

After seeing what this guy did for Traktor, I'm feeling optimistic about him adapting to the NHL. Even if he is a full-wrong goalie.

He was my favorite part of the olympics for Men's Ice Hockey. He stood on his head every single game.

7 hours ago, keeperton said:

He was my favorite part of the olympics for Men's Ice Hockey. He stood on his head every single game.

He had something ridiculous for stats in the KHL playoffs. I think it was a .949 save percentage and 1.90 GAA. He was getting almost 40 shots a night.

On 9/12/2018 at 9:43 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

I know what you mean. If you haven't seen it, you might liek Chad Johnson's Blues mask. Very classic, easily recognizable and easily appreciated even from distance - nothing about it says "I'm a great graphic artist looking to be a bigger name than my client..."

image.jpeg.610c40e3a307e91d6587f0aea5f51dd5.jpeg

I had posted his mask earlier, as I really like it - but seeing it with his Vaughn setup, and the uniform... it’s even more stunning than I realized from the pics of the mask by itself:

6255EA7E-1448-45D4-9964-DB8BC8E05BFA.jpeg

After trying Vaughn V8's in the pre-season, it looks like Berra is in CCM Premiers for the first regular season game. The graphics look kinda odd tho, I'm not into CCM, are those stock graphics? THe logo is removed I guess because his team doesn't have a contract with CCM. Same like Genoni's team does have a deal with CCM, and Genoni has to remove his Brian's logos from his pads.

Link to full game pics. He was "man of the match" letting in 4 goals on 35 shots 88.5 SVS % ?

berraccm.jpg

30 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

After trying Vaughn V8's in the pre-season, it looks like Berra is in CCM Premiers for the first regular season game. The graphics look kinda odd tho, I'm not into CCM, are those stock graphics? THe logo is removed I guess because his team doesn't have a contract with CCM. Same like Genoni's team does have a deal with CCM, and Genoni has to remove his Brian's logos from his pads.

Link to full game pics. He was "man of the match" letting in 4 goals on 35 shots 88.5 SVS %

Yea that is stock graphic.  At least some of it.

2 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I had posted his mask earlier, as I really like it - but seeing it with his Vaughn setup, and the uniform... it’s even more stunning than I realized from the pics of the mask by itself:

6255EA7E-1448-45D4-9964-DB8BC8E05BFA.jpeg

Esto - good point, a very nice complete set 

2 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Haha yes! So you’ve played both sides? I’ve honestly thought about playing the other side just for fun

The last time I tried full right was street hockey goal, 1988. That was all the one kid’s dad had. My first time I nearly played goal, I bought full right as it was significantly cheaper used (even in the ‘90s!).

Frankly- the only reason I have not tried full right this time around is that I went for the cheapest new gear I could find and it was all right-handed.

Can’t swing a golf club righty, so I am FIRMLY in the left-hander’s golf society!

1 minute ago, bunnyman666 said:

The last time I tried full right was street hockey goal, 1988. That was all the one kid’s dad had. My first time I nearly played goal, I bought full right as it was significantly cheaper used (even in the ‘90s!).

Frankly- the only reason I have not tried full right this time around is that I went for the cheapest new gear I could find and it was all right-handed.

Can’t swing a golf club righty, so I am FIRMLY in the left-hander’s golf society!

yeah I think it’s a bit obvious why full right gear isn’t common lol. I bat left handed in baseball but shoot right handed. 

3 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

yeah I think it’s a bit obvious why full right gear isn’t common lol. I bat left handed in baseball but shoot right handed. 

Actually- shooting right handed in hockey was something a LOT of left handed people did for the longest time. It used to be when I was young (in the stone ages, LOL) that most sporting good stores stick stock was 25% righty, 10% neutral and 65% lefty. How things have changed!

I was always a switch hitter when playing base/softball.  

3 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Price’s new practice setup!! 

051A54DF-2561-4F36-9AFF-8ACEEFBFEED1.jpeg

I never thought I'd say this...but I like the white better. I mean, he's gonna switch back anyways if he has a few off games, so it's not a big deal. I feel bad for him looking at the rest of the roster.

8 hours ago, seagoal said:

I was really wondering if any NHL goalie would use the magnet leg straps. Looks like there's at least 1.

I'm sorta surprised to see this.

Screenshot_20180922-004246_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20180922-004509_Samsung Internet.jpg

Stalock was wearing them for the playoffs last season. I don’t remember anyone else though

FD7C773D-A041-454F-9C92-551E62D10827.jpeg

Archived