2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a copywriter and editor by trade, and I cannot tell you how many times I've caught myself writing 'sitings' in my everyday work. I think it's safe to assert that I've been following this thread for too many years, and it has poisoned my brain.

11 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

Haha 'sitings' is a tribute to the classic GSBB misspelling!

Alexandar Georgiev now in Optiks with a new Brians strapping set up by the looks of things - probably gives a bit of extra space in the channel for those used to CCM pads.

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 09.22.22.png

I might be seeing what I want to see... but that sidewall profile  looks a bit thicker than Optik 

5 minutes ago, MTH said:

Canada banned imports (like baseball gloves) from America due to the tariffs - so Price had to use what he could get to play.

That would imply baseball gloves are actually still Made In America... Trudeau taking a page out of Trump’s book and attacking China too!?

11 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

Haha 'sitings' is a tribute to the classic GSBB misspelling!

Alexandar Georgiev now in Optiks with a new Brians strapping set up by the looks of things - probably gives a bit of extra space in the channel for those used to CCM pads.

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 09.22.22.png

Are we sure this isn't a new model for Brian's?  The sides of the pads,strapping and even the back of the glove looks different.

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I might be seeing what I want to see... but that sidewall profile  looks a bit thicker than Optik 

10 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

Are we sure this isn't a new model for Brian's?  The sides of the pads,strapping and even the back of the glove looks different.

I wondered about this when I originally posted - the graphic on the side gusset doesn't look like an optik graphic (but given it's Brians it could be anything custom), plus the new strapping could equal a new version of a Brians hybrid line - assuming they don't go with g-netik4 branding. 

6 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

I wondered about this when I originally posted - the graphic on the side gusset doesn't look like an optik graphic (but given it's Brians it could be anything custom), plus the new strapping could equal a new version of a Brians hybrid line - assuming they don't go with g-netik4 branding. 

Weren't there rumours about them doing strictly OPTIK as a line from now on? Like heritage was going to be their other line? Also I do agree the pad looks very different from any Brian's pad, custom or not, than I've ever seen.

35 minutes ago, Jacob Musselman said:

Weren't there rumours about them doing strictly OPTIK as a line from now on? Like heritage was going to be their other line? Also I do agree the pad looks very different from any Brian's pad, custom or not, than I've ever seen.

Brian’s has a fall release cycle... we’ll learn soon enough 

On 7/3/2018 at 1:29 PM, TheGoalNet said:

That would imply baseball gloves are actually still Made In America... Trudeau taking a page out of Trump’s book and attacking China too!?

There are still ball gloves made in the USA, they are just hard to find.  The only production glove that I'm aware of is Nokona, and there are several small custom builders.  The Rawlings custom shop now builds their luggage, except for the occasional pro glove turned out by Bob Clevenhagen.

-steve 

3 minutes ago, beansbats said:

There are still ball gloves made in the USA, they are just hard to find.  The only production glove that I'm aware of is Nokona, and there are several small custom builders.  The Rawlings custom shop now builds their luggage, except for the occasional pro glove turned out by Bob Clevenhagen.

-steve 

I was making a joke, but that's interesting stuff. 

I assumed the high end Rawling and Wilson were still done here?

1 minute ago, TheGoalNet said:

I was making a joke, but that's interesting stuff. 

I assumed the high end Rawling and Wilson were still done here?

LOL!  I understand the joke and think it if funny, but it is a very interesting topic to me.  The vast majority of pro gloves are made in the Philippines where Rawlings and Wilson have been building for 50+ years.  I haven't seen a US made Wilson in a long time so I do not even know if they have a pro shop anymore.  Both Rawlings and Wilson are subsidiaries of much larger companies.  It is very similar to goalie gear :)    /End Gear Sitings Hijack

-steve

On 7/3/2018 at 1:29 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Back on track...

422C8EE9-1D18-474E-99E0-8BAFFFAF86AC.jpeg

06286D56-46F0-463E-B790-81E8F8A21C05.jpeg

I'll never really understand what goalies are going for when they choose to color graphics like this — it just looks like a couple wedges and triangles floating in the middle of the pad. CCM has been favoring graphics where there's a thin line slicing through a shape — which is fine, but it looks strange when you just see a shape cut off by a line that 'isn't there' (isn't colored in). I dunno, I'm all for creative approaches to stock graphics, minimalist designs, or just having colored accents... but this looks stupid to me.

3 hours ago, stackem30 said:

I'll never really understand what goalies are going for when they choose to color graphics like this — it just looks like a couple wedges and triangles floating in the middle of the pad. CCM has been favoring graphics where there's a thin line slicing through a shape — which is fine, but it looks strange when you just see a shape cut off by a line that 'isn't there' (isn't colored in). I dunno, I'm all for creative approaches to stock graphics, minimalist designs, or just having colored accents... but this looks stupid to me.

Couldn't agree more.

3 hours ago, stackem30 said:

Partial to solid colors myself.

Archived