Steph Lawa

2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

1 hour ago, MTH said:

In the WWE/UFC/Boxing world...

The Capitals lost the title belt on October 4th to the Pens. 

Not sure who holds it now.

Shhhh. The caps beat the Pens yesterday. That makes me happy. In my local hockey community the Pens are like the Patriots are to the rest of the world. Nobody likes them.

• Like 1

This season's Winter Classic jerseys revealed.

Instantly love the Bruins' and pretty ambivalent about the Blackhawks'

cut.jpg

bk.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, seagoal said:

This season's Winter Classic jerseys revealed.

Instantly love the Bruins' and pretty ambivalent about the Blackhawks'

cut.jpg

bk.jpg

Personaly I love both of them.  I wouldn't make it their primaries, but for a special occasion I think they're killin.  I can totally see the Hawks one becoming a league jersey.

1 minute ago, Math. said:

Personaly I love both of them.  I wouldn't make it their primaries, but for a special occasion I think they're killin.  I can totally see the Hawks one becoming a league jersey.

I like the jersey itself, just not the logo.

I think the normal Blackhawks logo on that jersey would look awesome.

Those B's jerseys reminded me of these jerseys, which are one of my favorite WHL jerseys.

image.png.2426e10dc0528f15d897362d82ea8b7c.png

p.s. beautiful Vaughn set, too.  Just sayin'

• Like 1

Looks like the Blackhawks have been in so many Winter Classics, they've finally run out of ideas for theirs. With their logo, the Blackhawks have one of the largest color palettes in the league. This is really the best idea they could come up with? It doesn't make the Chicago brand/heritage stand out in any way. Literally every NHL team could do this.

I still think the Kings have one the most boring uniforms in the league. The black and white Islanders thirds were a snooze. When is the NHL going to stop with the black and white? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what an effective design combination they can be. But I just think it's throwing in the towel as a designer. "Fuck it, let's just do black and white. It'll look sharp."

3 hours ago, seagoal said:

I think the normal Blackhawks logo on that jersey would look awesome.

Agreed.

3 hours ago, seagoal said:

Those B's jerseys reminded me of these jerseys, which are one of my favorite WHL jerseys.

image.png.2426e10dc0528f15d897362d82ea8b7c.png

p.s. beautiful Vaughn set, too.  Just sayin'

I'm usually not the biggest fan of Vaughn gear but man, that set-up!  WOW.

18 minutes ago, Math. said:

Agreed.

I'm usually not the biggest fan of Vaughn gear but man, that set-up!  WOW.

Ha, yeah.

This is one of my top 4 favorite setups/jersey combos ever.

I'm slightly biased to those colors :)

20180427_184944_1524880186001.jpg

On 11/6/2018 at 11:09 PM, Moose75 said:

He's given up 8 in two games with the red. How many more games until he goes back to white or a new design? 

They call me the Seer...montreal-canadiens-goalie-carey-price-st

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Moose75 said:

montreal-canadiens-goalie-carey-price-st

I'll be honest, I looked at the people in the crowd's faces before I noticed what was wrong with the picture.

I've kind of stopped getting my hopes up in terms of Price using gear with lots of color. Once in a while he trots out something different, but it feels like every time there's a bump in the road, he reverts to an all-white set with some red trim/logos. Hell, I'd even like this white-based set more if it has blue CCM logos on the front to balance out the red.

I suppose it's okay that he has something he's most comfortable with, but he should really be more respectful of the tastes and expectations of our online goalie gear community.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

I suppose it's okay that he has something he's most comfortable with, but he should really be more respectful of the tastes and expectations of our online goalie gear community.

The fact that pros don't take our expert opinions as gospel truly is blasphemous.

23 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The fact that pros don't take our expert opinions as gospel truly is blasphemous.

If they listened to us then chances are they would end up in something like these:

TogxhkK.jpg     hockey-goalie.jpg

I think Stomp nailed the concept about as well as anyone could have, but I still never really liked those. Cool idea, but a bit gimmicky for my liking.

I can attest to how amazing Darren Stomp's gloves were... I'm loathe to get rid of mine, though the palm is pretty worn out. T hat thing is an absolute black-hole for pucks. May have to see if Sarah at PAW or someone can beef it up. Does anyone know where Darren landed after Stomp shut down?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

If they listened to us then chances are they would end up in something like these:

This is the goalie equivalent of "black tape hides the puck" poppycock. 

Edited by Moose75

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

The Brian’s look way more blended 

18 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Thatcher Demko has gone full Price.

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 7.52.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 7.52.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 7.52.09 PM.png

Just like I feared. I posted those pads awhile ago when they were posted by Brian's, but he'd been out with a concussion until now.

1 hour ago, TitanG said:

Just like I feared. I posted those pads awhile ago when they were posted by Brian's, but he'd been out with a concussion until now.

Nilsson went white too. Wonder if it was a GM-ordered thing. I remember Scrivens said LA made him switch to white-base colorways.

Good look at the 2X.

45522933652_e972caee5c_o.jpg

A Sasquatchian view of Jeff Glass with a simple but sweet Leafs set up and his rad new helmet.

45857816_10155865105970777_7910715029152858112_n.jpg

Drka4shWkAAXIUs.jpg

Edited by Moose75

15 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Nilsson went white too. Wonder if it was a GM-ordered thing. I remember Scrivens said LA made him switch to white-base colorways.

Possibly Ian Clarke, their new goalie coach (although he was there several years ago before being the goalie coach in Columbus).

22 minutes ago, TitanG said:

Possibly Ian Clarke, their new goalie coach (although he was there several years ago before being the goalie coach in Columbus).

I remember he had Bobs and others in Columbus in all to mostly white too.