2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

On 1/11/2019 at 11:55 PM, ULTIMA said:

The backup is Marie-Soleil Deschenes and she's an E-Flex girl. I dunno if she's in the 4s yet.

image.thumb.png.ba46b14b4a02aa503637938fdead4b98.png

Turns out it's Lacasse who's in the Bauers. She's not listed on their website team roster. Maybe she's a third string?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/13/2019 at 11:56 AM, seagoal said:

34+1?!? Martin Jones is listed at 6'4". Is this for real? I'm 5'11", ATK 17.75" and wear a 34+2. 

1 hour ago, dualshowman said:

34+1?!? Martin Jones is listed at 6'4". Is this for real? I'm 5'11", ATK 17.75" and wear a 34+2. 

im a little under 6'3 and use a 34+1 too, all abt preference

Tomy Ames from GCN is "5'11 on a good day" as he said and wore 35+2 for a while

9 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I'm a hair under 5'11 and wear 35+2 Vaughns. 

yeah exactly everyone has their own preferences, i like all my gear on the smaller side so i can move better but thats just me. I dont worry abt losing coverage or anything bc im a bigger guy, i can lose a little coverage w my gear and not play worse or anything. since going to a smaller c&a and pants (xl pants L c&a to Small both) ive had even more mobility and love it

7 hours ago, dualshowman said:

Not sure I trust the measurements of this seller saying “about 34+1”. Another Jones pro return set from last year on Sideline were 36+2. 

8 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

One of the best sets you’ll ever see.

I don’t hate that his current set is mostly white, but the blues have so many colors that it’s abysmal to just have one damn yellow stripe, take Johnson’s blues setup for example 

yeah definetly 

its not that its bad its just underwhelming and they have so much potential w their jerseys to do sick designs 

6 hours ago, seagoal said:

Well, this was a weird one

How(ard) in the world...?

Best part of this is the non-goalie announcers' attempts to describe what has happened, and what parts are implicated:

"he should just skate out"

"It's stuck in the strap"

"That lace that affixes the front of the goal skate to the toe of the goal pad..."

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

How(ard) in the world...?

Best part of this is the non-goalie announcers' attempts to describe what has happened, and what parts are implicated:

"he should just skate out"

The "he should just skate out" comment was so stupid.

Is the announcer 110% sure that the rulebook would be on Howard's side if a goal were scored after he'd abandoned his net? I don't know the answer myself, but it's foolish to 'boycott' the continuation of play if you're not absolutely, positively, without-a-doubt certain that any goal would be disallowed. And even then...

I think about all the crazy things players have contended with throughout the history of the game. Broken bones, torn muscles, cuts, lost teeth, concussions, etc. There's footage of goalies taking pucks and sticks to the face in the old days... they're clearly hurt/dazed, and they would still try to keep the puck out of the net until the whistle was blown. And don't forget about playing through mental and personal problems, personal tragedies, family deaths, etc.

This isn't some "tough it out!!" rant. I'd hope players today would value their well-being enough to sit if they had a concussion or serious injury. Hockey's tough-guy culture — cool as it is to see players come back and take a shift after they've had their dental map rearranged — can go way overboard...

... but I do think there's something noble about doing your duty, putting the team first, playing till the whistle blows, and prioritizing keeping the puck out of the net before all else. Howard should get props for that, and I thought the announcer's suggestion that he should just abandon the net because of a weird/silly inconvenience was indicative of a shitty, me-first attitude.

Remember Rask last year, with the skate blade? Ask him how "boycotting the play" went. He handled that so poorly — he focused all his time and energy screaming for a call and miming how he couldn't skate, when he easily could have moved to the center of the net on his knees, and prevented a goal. And guess what? He was wrong — the ref was right not the blow the whistle, and the goal rightfully counted. He put his own frustration and perceived victimization ahead of doing his job, and he looked like a fool. Throwing a temper-tantrum (and his skate blade) didn't help the optics, either.

Unless you're injured and your health/safety are at risk, stay in net and do your job. You can always express your dissatisfaction and say what you want to say when the play is dead.

19 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

He put his own frustration and perceived victimization ahead of doing his job, and he looked like a fool. Throwing a temper-tantrum (and his skate blade) didn't help the optics, either

I for one am always down to see a Rask meltdown. My only dissatisfaction with it is that he's cooled off over the years.

Oh don't get me wrong, I *love* a good Rask meltdown — as a Boston transplant (and someone who used to verbally spar with the infamous @CaptainMazda — miss you bb) I feel a healthy amount of Schadendreude when things don't go his way. I am the last guy to flip out or have a meltdown like his, but I ultimately don't care about that stuff. It's super entertaining!

But the way he handled that skate-blade thing always bothered me in a different way. I thought it revealed that his priorities were off. If a defenseman allowed an odd-man rush because he was too busy jawing at the ref for a missed call (or losing a glove, whatever) and a goal was scored, I would feel it was entirely fair for people to call them out and say that they had put themselves before their job and their team.

Anyway, glad Howard stayed in net and did what he could to stay with the puck. He did his job.

24 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

But the way he handled that skate-blade thing always bothered me in a different way. I thought it revealed that his priorities were off. If a defenseman allowed an odd-man rush because he was too busy jawing at the ref for a missed call (or losing a glove, whatever) and a goal was scored, I would feel it was entirely fair for people to call them out and say that they had put themselves before their job and their team.

That just reminds me of this clip from Sergei Kostitsyn:

Good view of Rinne's strapping courtesy of ProStockHockey. The first set is lightly used and pretty well standard strapping... while the others have modified P2 with lower calf elastic. I find it particularly interesting bc I'm a big fan of the lower calf strap as well.

Side by Side... Standard(ish) and Modified...

image.thumb.png.1548cb945a7f15c9c7aa86892f86b661.pngimage.thumb.png.0756324c8b947d5f55de0adffcdab880.png 

Zoom in on the Quick Motion/RRC

image.png.452cb61397ffa9f095407f498c85e492.png

Zoom in on the Lowe Calf Elastic

image.png.453d9bb2bccfb7d83a631acc4155bd93.png 

Archived