2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Because that pattern on the Canucks made so much sense too right? :P

At least Garth Snow played for the Canucks. Thought that was the angle.

apr-1998-goaltender-garth-snow-of-the-va

Notice the character on his mask?

The icicle pads didn't arrive until the Isles days. But I don't think gear designs when he was on the Canucks was at the same level as it was when he with the Isles.

season-player-garth-snow-of-the-new-york

What goalie's gear is the most iconic for the Senators? You know, if you wanted to do a tribute set?

There were some great names that have played with the Sens - Hasek, Emery, Lalime, Prusek, Tugger, Barrasso... my pick?

df5bcce74b0c249c5a352d4e75d1db49.jpg

32 minutes ago, MTH said:

No, the angle was the fact that his last name is "Snow"... he had the same character on his mask before he ever played for the Canucks.

Is Vancouver even especially snowy/wintery for a northern city ('northern' in general, not for Canada)? I've never been to British Columbia, but I was under the impression Vancouver is more like Seattle, weather-wise... more rain than snow.

2 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

No, the angle was the fact that his last name is "Snow"... he had the same character on his mask before he ever played for the Canucks.

Is Vancouver even especially snowy/wintery for a northern city ('northern' in general, not for Canada)? I've never been to British Columbia, but I was under the impression Vancouver is more like Seattle, weather-wise... more rain than snow.

No. The Pacific ocean is pretty close.

21 minutes ago, MTH said:

What goalie's gear is the most iconic for the Senators? You know, if you wanted to do a tribute set?

There were some great names that have played with the Sens - Hasek, Emery, Lalime, Prusek, Tugger, Barrasso... my pick?

df5bcce74b0c249c5a352d4e75d1db49.jpg

Probably depends on when you watched, but I tend to think of Lalime — those Sherwood pads were pretty distinctive, and while I'd stop just short of calling it "iconic" his Marvin the Martian mask was pretty recognizable.

Then again, Tugnutt's Molson mask is hard to ignore. I think Condon (or someone else?) did a tribute in the last year or two.

10 hours ago, stackem30 said:

Probably depends on when you watched, but I tend to think of Lalime — those Sherwood pads were pretty distinctive, and while I'd stop just short of calling it "iconic" his Marvin the Martian mask was pretty recognizable.

Then again, Tugnutt's Molson mask is hard to ignore. I think Condon (or someone else?) did a tribute in the last year or two.

The Tugnutt mask was super memorable, was is the Marvin the Martian Lalime mask. Both were absolutely great.

14 hours ago, MTH said:

The icicle pads didn't arrive until the Isles days. But I don't think gear designs when he was on the Canucks was at the same level as it was when he with the Isles.

season-player-garth-snow-of-the-new-york

Nilsson has that graphic on some Brians as a kid 

9 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Don’t follow? Elastic feels different. He’s been in all elastic for for 2-3 seasons with Bauer? This is a much easier mid season transition 

I see no need for the middle calf strap that couldn't be addressed with a slight modification of the calf wrap. I would love to know the thought process here. 

Archived