2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, stackem30 said:

Those look sharp — what's the story, are the Lightning doing a "throwback" to their (vastly superior) black/grey/blue/white jerseys?

They might actually be using these (awful) jerseys. They were leaked in November but haven't officially been announced.

image.png.8c9ea9e87aabc46ceb878968de631aa0.png

Ho-ly smokes, that Tampa Bay one is awful. Could it be any lazier? "Sweet gradient on the arms, bro."

I remember my friends and I commenting on how awful those "Black Ice" jerseys were a few years back. Little did we know that was a major direction for NHL jersey design... I guess Adidas missed the "the mid-2000's are over, and 'just make a black version' is no longer a suitable proposal for uniform designs" memo.

It's almost the year 2020. Where are the shiny suits we were promised? They should make a pro-glo blue or silver jersey for the Lightning.

Lost_in_Space_jetpack_300.jpeg

Think about it, we're in "the future" now... and it's a rip off.

If the lightning came out in a jersey that looked like aluminum foil; the entire world would want one.

15 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Don’t know if anyone’s posted this or not, this isn’t really new but I had to post it 

B9B2AED1-371D-4422-9612-BF116CAB4EBC.jpeg

Wow, unbelievable.  This may be the best full VE8 set I've seen, yet.  It's all about the white background, makes the whole thing pop.  Nice catch, @southpawtendy48

@Max27  how's this for a Greiss set?

6 hours ago, MTH said:

It's almost the year 2020. Where are the shiny suits we were promised? They should make a pro-glo blue or silver jersey for the Lightning.

Lost_in_Space_jetpack_300.jpeg

Think about it, we're in "the future" now... and it's a rip off.

If the lightning came out in a jersey that looked like aluminum foil; the entire world would want one.

Go full Blade Runner and do see-through. It is 2019 after all!

4949600D-FB2E-41B7-97FC-5D6B75D125F6.jpeg

F3756AFD-B741-4BA8-B1CD-A7B122276942.jpeg

17 hours ago, ruckus007 said:

american-psycho-axe.jpg

Do you like Huet Lewis And The News? #dadjoke

5 hours ago, stackem30 said:

See-through goalie pads would be pretty sweet... except the guts of goalie gear tend to be exceptionally boring.

@Moose75 I think we like the same shows and movies... Twin Peaks and Blade Runner are a good start.

So...just like pads now, just with guts showing. I remember Bauer did a chrome pad for the 6000 Reactor. I'd totally rock that space station look.

We're men of culture, unlike the rest of these charlatans. 

17 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Do you like Huet Lewis And The News? #dadjoke

So...just like pads now, just with guts showing. I remember Bauer did a chrome pad for the 6000 Reactor. I'd totally rock that space station look.

We're men of culture, unlike the rest of these charlatans. 

Ha! There was a guy who went by Dolanster on the old GSBB who worked in the arts, he had some pretty wild tastes... good poster too, he's missed.

I was thinking like a see-through skin for a pad. I was thinking of some old desktop computers/mouses that did that. Sadly, wires and circuit boards are more colorful and interesting to look at than the insides of goalie gear.

21 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Ha! There was a guy who went by Dolanster on the old GSBB who worked in the arts, he had some pretty wild tastes... good poster too, he's missed.

I was thinking like a see-through skin for a pad. I was thinking of some old desktop computers/mouses that did that. Sadly, wires and circuit boards are more colorful and interesting to look at than the insides of goalie gear.

I think one of the shops near me has a Brian's pad like that with horse hair in it. Looks gross.

I know I'm generalizing, but it's funny what the average hockey dude around my age listens to compared to the weird shit I tend to like. When I used to do part-time work in game day operations for a junior team I used to get headaches from all the EDM tracks. During showcases I'd get to play my own stuff. Naturally I'd slip in some more out-there stuff lol.

On topic: I feel like this set hasn't gotten enough love. One of the best Bauer printed graphics so far. That minion shit has got to go, though. Ullmark12.jpg

2 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

I think one of the shops near me has a Brian's pad like that with horse hair in it. Looks gross.

I know I'm generalizing, but it's funny what the average hockey dude around my age listens to compared to the weird shit I tend to like. When I used to do part-time work in game day operations for a junior team I used to get headaches from all the EDM tracks. During showcases I'd get to play my own stuff. Naturally I'd slip in some more out-there stuff lol.

On topic: I feel like this set hasn't gotten enough love. One of the best Bauer printed graphics so far. That minion shit has got to go, though. Ullmark12.jpg

As much as I generally dislike any Bauer gear and have really strong aversions to their printed stuff, I do like this set, too, on their own. 

But, as a whole I think he looks terrible.  The jersey, the mask, and the gear all look totally different and there is no harmony or concordance to anything.

Archived