2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Yeah, they're cringe worthy, for sure.

I guess it doesn't matter for a team that has about 200 fans and only 47 seats filled at the arena.   It's stunning that the Panthers still exist.

Not goalie related, but I'm going to die laughing if Panarin signs there for the "Miami Lifestyle" and the team subsequently relocates to Quebec City.  

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

I guess it doesn't matter for a team that has about 200 fans and only 47 seats filled at the arena.   It's stunning that the Panthers still exist.

Which is a shame with guys like Barkov, Huberdeau, Dadonov, Hoffman, and FHOF Luongo.

21 hours ago, seagoal said:

Yeah, they're cringe worthy, for sure.

They literally had an announced attendance of 674 for a pre-season game this season. Picture looked like 47 - half those folks in the picture are employees!

inline_resized_1024_5ba0f6723c4d9_283829

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I'm a high school freshmen. Unfunny memes are part of my life.

I understand you are young, my friend. Keep in mind that you are in the company of a bunch of elder statesmen (even though I know all the dank memes). You will learn. The sitings > sightings correction is far more important, anyway — we have traditions to keep alive, here.

7 hours ago, cwarnar said:

BLACK BASED SET ALERT!!

Now we'll never find the pucks once they get lodged inside the pads!

Watching Vasy play is like watching a god stuck in a human shell. Incredible power, but can't use 100% of it all at once or else the body would immediately combust into ashes. I feel like if he reined back his antsy intensity a little, and set his feet earlier he'd been even more incredible. I feel like he's going to need to find that happy medium to achieve his final form (aka a full season of him dominating the stats categories).

17 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

I’m 17, so me too. We love to laugh at shit that doesn’t make sense 

I know humor is somewhat generational, but you have to trust that I still get the ironic, "so-stupid-it's-funny" anti-humor. I love surreal / bizarre / deadpan jokes... I used to be pretty decent on the "Weird Twitter" scene. But there's a fine line between irony/anti-humor, and something that just isn't funny, and won't become funnier if you keep trying.

Either way, I think my point is more that a huge part of comedy is knowing your audience, and that certain people would do better to try that stuff on Reddit/Twitter/Instagram. It's not going to register here, and it's more likely to annoy people after a while. Just my two cents.

3 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

Georgiev in his new gear:

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 10.01.06.png

Georgieous. Improve the mask, and we're talking one of the all-time best looking Rangers setups, head to toe (Richter's will never be beaten, and I'm not kissing up to @SaveByRichter35). Get rid of that ice-blue color (why do mask painters always insist on doing a super light version of the team's color for a mask? Looked great for Cujo, but it's a bit too prevalent in my opinion). Take the Russian doll (a great motif), put it front and center, maybe give it a Lady Liberty crown, leave the stripes (or have them mimic the chevron patter on the pads), and fill in the rest solid blue, and you're halfway there to a great mask. 

2 hours ago, stackem30 said:

Georgieous. Improve the mask, and we're talking one of the all-time best looking Rangers setups, head to toe (Richter's will never be beaten, and I'm not kissing up to @SaveByRichter35). Get rid of that ice-blue color (why do mask painters always insist on doing a super light version of the team's color for a mask? Looked great for Cujo, but it's a bit too prevalent in my opinion). Take the Russian doll (a great motif), put it front and center, maybe give it a Lady Liberty crown, leave the stripes (or have them mimic the chevron patter on the pads), and fill in the rest solid blue, and you're halfway there to a great mask. 

I always had a soft spot for Dan Blackburn's set ups. This dude was 18 and 19 (!!!) when he was in the NHL playing behind not-so-good Rangers teams. In a parallel dimension somewhere he never got injured, one can only imagine the success he might have had.

71Ff1EN-WmL._SY450_.jpg

season-player-dan-blackburn-of-the-new-y

Wish they'd bring back the Statue of Liberty head as a logo. Screw tradition.

7 hours ago, Kayen said:

Talbot trying 2s. 

Screenshot_20190206-192003.png

When he played here in Hartford he was a Bauer guy. Given his recent struggles last and this season, I'm guessing he's looking for a change. 

talbot-action-shot.jpg

5282638951_a25d4edc79.jpg

Archived