2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

4 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

New 2X set for Windsor Spitfires goalie Colton Incez... This is by far the GREATEST custom set Bauer has ever done... And hats off to Incez for the Top Gun themeIMG_20190219_123936.thumb.jpg.4a2eca801d2f8d24b761458f3c17308e.jpg

Great idea for the theme, BUT, if the blue on the uniforms is the blue that is on his mask, that is an epic fail by Bauer

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Naz said:

Great idea for the theme, BUT, if the blue on the uniforms is the blue that is on his mask, that is an epic fail by Bauer

They have a royal blue alternate uniform - but their regular ones are navy. I think it's a lighter navy than the Bauer navy though.

DiPietro_TW_CHL_3901.jpg?resize=760,490

You can see the CCM pants are darker too... but match the pads spot on. But the royal blue on the mask above is off.

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

New 2X set for Windsor Spitfires goalie Colton Incez... This is by far the GREATEST custom set Bauer has ever done... And hats off to Incez for the Top Gun themeIMG_20190219_123936.thumb.jpg.4a2eca801d2f8d24b761458f3c17308e.jpg

I don't think the misaligned graphic is a perspective issue. It honestly looks like they completely missed the mark when sewing the pads. There's much more blue on top of one thigh compared to the other. I hope I'm wrong. It's driving me insane that such a sharp set could be ruined like that.

On 2/19/2019 at 1:49 PM, MTH said:

Terrible.

All of them.

The Russian doll one is offensive. It's mocking both the Statue of Liberty and Mike Richter's iconic mask.

The Lundquist one is bad too. It's like pimp my mask version of Richter's. Sad and depressing. Lundquist is such a legendary goalie yet he'll never be as iconic a Richter. 

I read all three descriptions and if I need to read the phrase "true storyteller" again I'm going to fly out and punch him in the throat. He goes to an arts and crafts store and buys the smallest stamps they make right? I have a boat load of those "storyteller" stamps in my sisters crafts.

BRB, going to punch myself in the throat.

The player helmets were terrible. I get they were going for the football style helmet. But... looks so bad on hockey helmets that adjust and have vents and all. Would have been better if they wore the yellow buckets instead of them.

Flyers - wish they went with a brighter shade of orange. Elliott's mask looked good.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:04 AM, Moose75 said:

Are they rolling with all three of Hart/Talbot/Elliot?

Hart has an "injury" (think butt hurt from getting lit up two starts in a row). So he's on the injured list until past the trade deadline. Sounds like they're looking to dish Elliott off asap. Gives them time to get Talbot into some action before Hart returns then decide who the 2 is. They have like 14 other goalies.

3 minutes ago, MTH said:

The player helmets were terrible. I get they were going for the football style helmet. But... looks so bad on hockey helmets that adjust and have vents and all. Would have been better if they wore the yellow buckets instead of them.

Flyers - wish they went with a brighter shade of orange. Elliott's mask looked good.

I agree. I too was perplexed by the player helmets. It looked more like European league helmets for me. Very odd and cluttered.

Devils need a goalie now so maybe they'll take Elliot.

Kinkaid traded to CBJ today for draft picks.

I assume they'll package Elliott in with a trade for one of their decent players - like Simmonds or whoever they trade.

Oh we'll trade him. But he comes with a friend. Like how the Jersey Shore guys would take a 'grenade' for their buddy. Elliott is now a grenade.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, MTH said:

Hart has an "injury" (think butt hurt from getting lit up two starts in a row). So he's on the injured list until past the trade deadline. Sounds like they're looking to dish Elliott off asap. Gives them time to get Talbot into some action before Hart returns then decide who the 2 is. They have like 14 other goalies.

Ah the Matt Murray flu.

3 hours ago, seagoal said:

Kinkaid traded to CBJ today for draft picks.

Why? They have Korpisalo and Bob (for now). Unless CBJ plans to sell him and/or Panarin now in some miraculous trade. Or plan to use Korpisalo as a trade. 

23 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Ah the Matt Murray flu.

Why? They have Korpisalo and Bob (for now). Unless CBJ plans to sell him and/or Panarin now in some miraculous trade. Or plan to use Korpisalo as a trade. 

Bob has been rumored to be out of CBJ for some time now.  Many people expect him to be dealt today.  We'll see.  Put him on the right team in the playoff picture and he could be a huge addition.  

Maybe in teal and orange?

Archived