2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

6 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

For sure they're not a goalie stat. But Tampa is having a hell of a season and Vasy is a huge part of it. These awards aren't solely based off of stats. I really have a hard time seeing anyone else winning it to be honest.

I agree on that. Same with Kucherov as MVP. Your team doesn't win 50+ games without Vasy or Kucherov performing at the level the have this season. People talk about the bias for the East Coast, but does the West even have a goalie with 35+ games with a SVP over .915? It's been a rough go for that conference this year. Especially the goalies.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Max27 said:

Lehners issues, imo, got in his way of being a top 10 goalie in the NHL. Him playing for a defensive structured team w top notch management, he said something like ¨it feels like i'm part of a real team¨ which all, i think, are the reasons hes fantastic right now. Hes the Masterson winner forsure.

Is the Islanders defence really that good? They didn't seem great with Halak and Greiss in past years.

21 minutes ago, TitanG said:

Is the Islanders defence really that good? They didn't seem great with Halak and Greiss in past years.

They play structured. They have 6 average NHL level dmen that have chemistry and are playing w a structured coach in Trotz. Weight and Capuano werent structured like Trotz and now that they bit into trotz system, they play well

2 minutes ago, Max27 said:

They play structured. They have 6 average NHL level dmen that have chemistry and are playing w a structured coach in Trotz. Weight and Capuano werent structured like Trotz and now that they bit into trotz system, they play well

That's true, forgot to factor in the defending Stanley Cup champion coach.

PS: Bolding is to emphasize how Washington made a mistake in that sense.

7 minutes ago, TitanG said:

That's true, forgot to factor in the defending Stanley Cup champion coach.

PS: Bolding is to emphasize how Washington made a mistake in that sense.

It wasnt really a mistake on Washington. They offered him a contract and he chose to go to the Isles. He didnt want to come back. Heres the quote-

“Yeah, obviously, I love the D.C. area,” he told reporters on a conference call. “But when it came to the business aspect, from my standpoint, I felt that it wasn’t really sincere [given] what we did together. So I decided that it was better to just move on.”

Just now, Max27 said:

It wasnt really a mistake on Washington. They offered him a contract and he chose to go to the Isles. He didnt want to come back. Heres the quote-

“Yeah, obviously, I love the D.C. area,” he told reporters on a conference call. “But when it came to the business aspect, from my standpoint, I felt that it wasn’t really sincere [given] what we did together. So I decided that it was better to just move on.”

I thought it was more like they had a contract and he wanted more than what it stipulated but WSH stuck to the contract, so he went out the door.

Either way, at least he's finally gotten his due for how good a coach he has been. Next is Mitch Korn!

3 minutes ago, Max27 said:

Read the quote again. Washington low balled him and he did not appreciate it. 

8 minutes ago, TitanG said:

I thought it was more like they had a contract and he wanted more than what it stipulated but WSH stuck to the contract, so he went out the door.

Either way, at least he's finally gotten his due for how good a coach he has been. Next is Mitch Korn!

Yeah definetley, Trotz is a beast. So thankful hes the isles coach. same w korn hes fantastic

6 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Didnt read it like that, my bad. I thought he meant it was weird for him to stay after all they were through together. Not sure why i did, but that makes more sense. thanks for clarifying 

Vasy sporting a black Bauer twig to go with the Lightning's Sith look. Subtract style points for the blade tape not being black.

goalie-andrei-vasilevskiy-of-the-tampa-b

And I don't remember seeing his new set on here...so Anderson's new set (not pictured: new mask):

goalie-craig-anderson-of-the-ottawa-sena

Catching up on some past conversation...

On 2/27/2019 at 1:11 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

Not sure if anyone else already got this but Bishop has a V1 Pro (or V1 skinned something) now

cut.jpg

I'm surprised to see Bishop all decked out in Bauer but not using a Bauer stick.  I know he's always been a Warrior guy but interesting that he chooses it over arguably the best sticks in the game.

On 2/27/2019 at 1:23 PM, seagoal said:

Speaking of Dallas, here's Khudobin doing Disney interpretive dance....."I can show you the world......."

image.png.24f42509016722d1d7f3e7254d56caa9.png

I see more of an "Are you not entertained?!!?"

On 2/28/2019 at 10:25 PM, TitanG said:

My favourite is "Invisible Wiz Tech". Well, I wouldn't say the "wiz" is invisible on this one...

On the flipside, I really liked this recent one from DaveArt for Kaskisuo. To me, it looks good from close and far.

Coveted906Kaskisuo.thumb.jpg.a0cdf5eb1fc09b37ad633aa48ab23643.jpg

Coveted906Kaskisuo1.thumb.jpg.9edfefb27f506e7cd98b77d46942cc2c.jpg

Coveted906Kaskisuo2.thumb.jpg.8f05fdd8ff0d2b5a52536160b05eb4d0.jpg

This would be a really nice mask sans lightning bolts.  I think my hatred for DaveArt is pretty well known but this one isn't bad.

On 2/28/2019 at 11:43 PM, Moose75 said:

I can't tell if his success is because he has sorted out his problems, or the Trotz/Korn effect. I think it's a bit from column a, a bit from column b. I think Trotz and Korn helped him put it all together, but the pieces were always there. Such an awesome story! He and Vasy are my two Eastern Conference nominees for Vezina so far.

Korn went to the Islanders with Trotz?  I wasn't aware of that.  I guess it makes sense since he followed Trotz from Nashville to DC.

Regarding the whole Vezina conversation, the league GMs vote on the Vezina, not the sports writers as most of the awards are voted.  I always hated that wins and GAA are so often used as a parameter in which to measure a goalie.  They're just as much of a team stat as it is a goalie stat.  Save% and GSAA, as Moose mentioned, are a way more telling stat in which to judge a goalie.

On 3/1/2019 at 10:06 PM, Chenner29 said:

Iirc, my take on the Trotz situation was he was pissed that Washington waited to see what would happen in the Final before offering him the contract.  As finally getting the Caps to the Final wasn't enough, he was possibly going to be let go if they didn't win.  So when they offered the contract after the Cup win he told effectively told them to kick rocks.

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'm surprised to see Bishop all decked out in Bauer but not using a Bauer stick.  I know he's always been a Warrior guy but interesting that he chooses it over arguably the best sticks in the game.

Maybe it's similar to Lehner using a CR2 (not top-of-the-line) stick. Maybe he just prefers the weight or balance or some other aspect that most others would not choose over the Bauer sticks.

Or he could be superstitious for one reason or another, or stuck in old ways.

Congratulations to Antti Niemi. He longer has the weirdest most uncomfortable looking stance in the pros. That honor now belongs to Kakapo Kakaponenen or Kappo Cucamonganen or whatever.  (Images from Dinur on Flicker)

40300591303_7abb347fc9_o.jpg

47265169811_0160b63352_o.jpg

The thing that makes it for me is the Hulk Hogan glove hand.

hulkhogan_02.jpg?ssl=1

8 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Congratulations to Antti Niemi. He longer has the weirdest most uncomfortable looking stance in the pros. That honor now belongs to Kakapo Kakaponenen or Kappo Cucamonganen or whatever.  (Images from Dinur on Flicker)

hulkhogan_02.jpg?ssl=1

reminds me of my stance lol, especially on the glove

2 hours ago, 1C5 said:

Anyone see the slapper Helly took from Kuch last night? Cut in 2 places on face. Had to leave the game for 3 minutes. 

Yeah, that was scary looking.  Hit him between the eyes or the forehead and it must have pushed the cage into his face because it cut his nose.

A quick hard T-Push to the left, standing up, he would have taken that shot in the chest or stomach.
Mind you, he probably would not have got there in time and have been beaten as that shot was going top corner.

On 3/3/2019 at 12:32 PM, Moose75 said:

hulkhogan_02.jpg?ssl=1

Glove position looks like Varlamov too. Hell, this guy could be a color palette swap of Varlamov in NHL 19. Same Vaughn glove with Eflex 4 pads and blocker. 

41 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Who are these players you speak of?

C'mon now. You're intelligent enough to deduct who they were. :P

8 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Glove position looks like Varlamov too. Hell, this guy could be a color palette swap of Varlamov in NHL 19. Same Vaughn glove with Eflex 4 pads and blocker. 

That was my thought as well. Hopefully not as injury prone.

20 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

C'mon now. You're intelligent enough to deduct who they were. :P

C'mon now. You've been on this board long enough to know when I'm being facetious 😉

The use of two basic dressing room nicknames in one sentences from a non-teammate is a clear violation of my own personal threshold for shit that makes me feel old.

Scary play, though. Glad Hellebuyck's okay. 

Archived