CCSH

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, CCSH said:

Some pictures of possible E-Flex 4s from TheGoalCrease Instagram. Most people are complaining about the color zones. Thoughts?

eflex41.PNG

eflex42.PNG

That looks pretty rad actually. Kinda reminds me of Markstrom's custom graphic

15 hours ago, CCSH said:

Some pictures of possible E-Flex 4s from TheGoalCrease Instagram. Most people are complaining about the color zones. Thoughts?

eflex41.PNG

eflex42.PNG

Anyone else think the lines remind you how some of the new Premier 2 accents look? Like they look too similar in a way? Could be just me though.

22 hours ago, CCSH said:

eflex41.PNG

eflex42.PNG

Interesting. Hard to tell if it’s just the photos but the knee rolls look much flatter compared to EF2/3. Thinner thigh rise area too?

Color zones/shapes do seem closer to P2. 

On 6/24/2018 at 7:14 PM, CCSH said:

I made up some possible ideas for using the color zones, using some NHL guys for inspiration.

Color Zones:

Bobrovsky:

Holtby:

Price:

Rinne:

thisone1.png

bob.png

holtz.png

price.png

rinne.png

I may have had the pleasure of seeing some additional info on these pads beyond the leak. It looks like they took the EF3 graphic and added a few of the "disruptive" color zones like the P2 has. There are also some other cool things going on with this graphic I am trying to get permission to share. 

The reality is that it's different. With most modern graphics, you can do something minimal that won't be ugly or you can go bold with it. I have a feeling this will still maintain it's crown as the best selling line at retail... 

20 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

And the release with the least amount of hype goes to!

It's an Eflex 3 with maybe that super fast rebound tech in the face of the pad. Betcha there won't be much more.

CCM's releases are generally evolutionary and not revolutionary. Similarly to Apple, they try to integrate 1-2 new key features into every release without losing their essence. The do continue to innovate though and I think we will see something revolutionary within a few years. 

The reality is that they have the number 1 selling gear at retail and the highest market share with pros goalies (was 50% at the NHL level last year and most guys are NOT paid). There is not much pressure on CCM to reinvent the wheel. The need to understand what new trends or technologies will add value to their existing products and integrate them. Their only innovation focus is on elements that stop more pucks. 

People thought XLT was a minor release. They talked about a softer boot and hotter rebounds. Every new pad released now talks about a softer boot and harder rebounds... 

The pressure is really on every other company to continually push new and dramatic ideas. They need to convince people that their new way of doing things is clearly better than CCM and worth the switch. Marketing and design requirements are different for market leaders compared to market chasers.

With all that said... 

EF4 will be better than EF3. That's all that matters to the CCM team. 

If we all collectively pooled our ideas, we could probably guess most of the new enhancements. It doesn't mean it's a bad product, it just that CCM has a winning formula and they stick with it. 

I will say this... There is 1 item that won't surface on Pro pads that's coming to retail. It might catch many people off guard like the Speed Skin did. I asked and it can't be shared at the current time. 

@TheGoalNet Thanks for the response, I'm definitely well aware of CCM's stance and why they operate their releases the way they do.

Doesn't mean that isn't the least exciting potential release though. :P

Granted what are we expecting this year: E4, Ventus 2, 2X, RGT 2, am I missing any?

Either way, all of the above will probably all follow the same evolution over revolution movement as pads usually do. I just feel the E4 will probably be the least exciting.

But i'm always on board to eat my words. 

23 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@TheGoalNet Thanks for the response, I'm definitely well aware of CCM's stance and why they operate their releases the way they do.

Doesn't mean that isn't the least exciting potential release though. :P

Granted what are we expecting this year: E4, Ventus 2, 2X, RGT 2, am I missing any?

Either way, all of the above will probably all follow the same evolution over revolution movement as pads usually do. I just feel the E4 will probably be the least exciting.

But i'm always on board to eat my words. 

Brian’s has a 2018 fall release too 

And I love people sharing their opinions, that’s the point. Please don’t stop! 

Sometimes I want to defend CCM a bit though, haha. Their “business as usual” approach sometimes has people sleeping on them. They’re not as popular as they are because of endorsements 

35 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Brian’s has a 2018 fall release too 

And I love people sharing their opinions, that’s the point. Please don’t stop! 

Sometimes I want to defend CCM a bit though, haha. Their “business as usual” approach sometimes has people sleeping on them. They’re not as popular as they are because of endorsements 

It's also fun to hate on the big guy too.

On 7/3/2018 at 8:59 PM, TheGoalNet said:

CCM's releases are generally evolutionary and not revolutionary. Similarly to Apple, they try to integrate 1-2 new key features into every release without losing their essence. The do continue to innovate though and I think we will see something revolutionary within a few years. 

The reality is that they have the number 1 selling gear at retail and the highest market share with pros goalies (was 50% at the NHL level last year and most guys are NOT paid). There is not much pressure on CCM to reinvent the wheel. The need to understand what new trends or technologies will add value to their existing products and integrate them. Their only innovation focus is on elements that stop more pucks. 

People thought XLT was a minor release. They talked about a softer boot and hotter rebounds. Every new pad released now talks about a softer boot and harder rebounds... 

The pressure is really on every other company to continually push new and dramatic ideas. They need to convince people that their new way of doing things is clearly better than CCM and worth the switch. Marketing and design requirements are different for market leaders compared to market chasers.

With all that said... 

EF4 will be better than EF3. That's all that matters to the CCM team. 

If we all collectively pooled our ideas, we could probably guess most of the new enhancements. It doesn't mean it's a bad product, it just that CCM has a winning formula and they stick with it. 

I will say this... There is 1 item that won't surface on Pro pads that's coming to retail. It might catch many people off guard like the Speed Skin did. I asked and it can't be shared at the current time. 

to make rebounds faster/harder do u think the ccm team might use what they put in the P2s (that yellow foam) or will that foam be exclusive to the premier line?

12 minutes ago, Goalieinneed said:

to make rebounds faster/harder do u think the ccm team might use what they put in the P2s (that yellow foam) or will that foam be exclusive to the premier line?

My guess is that hot Rebounds are not coming to the EF line. EF is currently designed to be soft rebounds for quick cover ups 

Archived