CCSH

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Oh look!  White, with a little bit of red...how amazing...

he didnt play well in colorful gear so he went to a more white pad. varlamov did this. he was shitty in 1s pads so he went back to eflex 3s this year that were all white and he did great

This is such a minor complaint, but I find I'm getting tired of hearing about goalies and their gear superstitions... and I've been on both sides of the tracks on this issue.

I'm not superstitious in the least — I don't have them myself, and they go against my own personal logic and philosophies. BUT, I do believe that there's something to be said about 'giving yourself the mental edge', and indulging in the 'look good, play good' mentality. Hockey is a crazy game, and the difference between a save and a goal, a win and a loss, or even winning the Cup and not making the playoffs, is not very big. Why not give yourself every advantage? It might be a placebo effect, but if Price feels that predominantly white gear gives him some advantage, he should go for it.

But I do find myself getting annoyed when I hear goalies openly alluding to their superstitions in regards to failures or successes. You're Carey Price, possibly the best goalie of this generation. Any success you have is because of YOU, brotha! Your talent, your hard work, your output. It's not because of your white-based pads. On the flip side, I don't want to hear about how you're going back to a white-based pad after a career-worst season. I mean, it does insinuate that having a more colorful pad is partly to blame... and I just think it's a bit pathetic to acknowledge that you believe that. I like a humble athlete, but you'd think that a superstar starting goalie would want to project an aura of confidence, or that they are ultimately in control of their play. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Made a few concepts of teams i like

Islanders *top color zone is still royal blue but its emboss, the emboss seems to make the color zone darker) 

1591692592_Screenshot2019-03-01at8_17_20PM.thumb.png.d60a3496f6c60fc22d6338d27a605f17.png

I dont like Detroit much, but i love white/red sets

372999409_Screenshot2019-03-01at8_00_36PM.thumb.png.3df55e4984c38776f99ec1b51f935fa8.png

Caps
2035544917_Screenshot2019-03-01at8_31_31PM.thumb.png.e323cf2443d4ece000f4a1af73789d67.png

Habs

691113948_Screenshot2019-03-01at8_29_34PM.thumb.png.a69a0aa0d16dcb78d07d3944a5765d7b.png

• 2 weeks later...

So I am hoping I'm wrong, but I only see Camel and Brown in like 2-3 color zones (And the brown shows up navy on my screen?? Weird).

Am I not going to be able to order a full camel (or majority) setup now?
Majorly bummed as I've been saving my pennies for a first custom set. Might have to look elsewhere now.😡

4 hours ago, Urabus33 said:

So I am hoping I'm wrong, but I only see Camel and Brown in like 2-3 color zones (And the brown shows up navy on my screen?? Weird).

Majorly bummed as I've been saving my pennies for a first custom set. Might have to look elsewhere now.😡

The color options are somewhat limited.  When I was playing around earlier the only way I could get Hunter Green was by using Speedskin in more zones that I would have liked.   I also noticed that camel was missing, as I wanted to design a retro set similar to the R/GT2's I ordered to see how it would look on the EF4 platform.  I'm guessing Camel wouldn't look great with the textured overlays in the spikes so they relegated it to an accent color.

Honestly though, I never loved CCM's retro color.  I think Vaughn and Brian's have the best looking retro material, but I've always been partial to the more matte look of bucky clarino. 

After seeing the EF4s in person, one thing that surprised me was how good the knee stack felt. From an online-only perspective, that grey molded foam looks very hard - but when you get your hands on them, it is actually very cushioning.

23 minutes ago, Teezle said:

After seeing the EF4s in person, one thing that surprised me was how good the knee stack felt. From an online-only perspective, that grey molded foam looks very hard - but when you get your hands on them, it is actually very cushioning.

I've heard the same.  Its a carry over from the P2.  On the In Goal Mag podcast they discussed how many retail options the pros are adopting and the knee cradle was the leader

12 hours ago, Urabus33 said:

7 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

I also noticed that camel was missing, as I wanted to design a retro set similar to the R/GT2's I ordered to see how it would look on the EF4 platform.  I'm guessing Camel wouldn't look great with the textured overlays in the spikes so they relegated it to an accent color.

Honestly though, I never loved CCM's retro color.  I think Vaughn and Brian's have the best looking retro material, but I've always been partial to the more matte look of bucky clarino. 

You'd have to do the RetroFlex version to get Camel... pretty sure they did the same thing on EF3.

Archived