Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CCSH

CCM EF4

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

There’s some subtle differences. Lefevre factory puts bolts on the toe bridge as standard, speekskin is limited to white, the nylon quick motion calf strap doesn’t have trim, etc etc 

the textured graphic is currently for retail only 

ah ok. Thanks for clarifying that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

ok, that isn't what i meant at all, i meant on a social media platform like this, being policed by grammar nazis on social media is way outdated at this point :)

anyway, let's get back on topic w/ this thread

It's never outdated. You kids are going to learn how to spell correctly one of these days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's never outdated. You kids are going to learn how to spell correctly one of these days.

prime time for grammar nazis on TheGoalNet 2019! also maybe if max used an iphone he wouldn't need to learn b/c of autocorrect

also, unlike most people my age i actually am a bit more adequate in my grammar but i don't care to use it b/c i'm 2 kool

Edited by southpawtendy48

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

maybe if max used an iphone he wouldn't need to learn b/c of autocorrect

Ive tried to use this website on my phone and it doesnt work. Also, i dont remember my passcode to my account, so I cant log in on anything but here 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Max27 said:

Ive tried to use this website on my phone and it doesnt work. Also, i dont remember my passcode to my account, so I cant log in on anything but here 😂 

...so basically you can't recover it with your email? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

...so basically you can't recover it with your email? lol

i dont have access to the email i set this acc up with, forgot the passcode to that too. i should write this stuff down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2019 at 11:02 PM, mr_shifty1982 said:

Like I give a shit haha lighten up buttercup, you need to get out more!

On 3/12/2019 at 11:29 PM, Max27 said:

You know i put the pic there as a joke right? Lol people know u and you mean the same thing, etc. its not a big deal at all 

Also, if you're gonna suggest Grammarly to me, at least spell it right 😂 

On 3/13/2019 at 10:38 AM, southpawtendy48 said:

look, who really cares how you’re being perceived when it’s based on their punctuation/grammar especially over the internet? like they care that much about it lol

On 3/13/2019 at 4:14 PM, southpawtendy48 said:

prime time for grammar nazis on TheGoalNet 2019! also maybe if max used an iphone he wouldn't need to learn b/c of autocorrect

also, unlike most people my age i actually am a bit more adequate in my grammar but i don't care to use it b/c i'm 2 kool

20 hours ago, Max27 said:

i dont have access to the email i set this acc up with, forgot the passcode to that too. i should write this stuff down

Ok I am sick of this.  You fucking kids are ridiculous.  You sound like idiots.  You don't care that you can't write a sentence in proper English?  Are you kidding?  I pity your generation, I really do.  You literally would prefer to type like a bunch of imbeciles than take a few extra SECONDS to type your responses like a coherent English speaking human being.  Kudos to you.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Ok I am sick of this.  You fucking kids are ridiculous.  You sound like idiots.  You don't care that you can't write a sentence in proper English?  Are you kidding?  I pity your generation, I really do.  You literally would prefer to type like a bunch of imbeciles than take a few extra SECONDS to type your responses like a coherent English speaking human being.  Kudos to you.  

I hope you know my second post was entirely sarcastic, also, we’re really getting on someone on a forum because of the way they misuse grammar or punctuate things? Believe it or not, there are a lot more people than just kids who don’t use their spelling/grammar/punctuation properly all the time and that’s fine. If they’re still using the same lingo in an essay, exam, etc. then that’s their problem. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

I hope you know my second post was entirely sarcastic, also, we’re really getting on someone on a forum because of the way they misuse grammar or punctuate things? Believe it or not, there are a lot more people than just kids who don’t use their spelling/grammar/punctuation properly all the time and that’s fine. If they’re still using the same lingo in an essay, exam, etc. then that’s their problem. 

Yes, I assumed you were being sarcastic, or at least I hoped you were lol.  And I know there are adults who type like this too and they look even more dumb.  I only used the term "kids" because I know you two, who were going back and forth with Puckstopper, are in fact kids.  Web forum/social media or a school essay, does it really matter?  You practice on the ice how you wanna play on the ice.  Well, if you can type properly in school why can''t you type like that here too?  You're not on your phone texting your friends, I'd bet most people on here don't like to read something that sounds like two 16 year olds texting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yes, I assumed you were being sarcastic, or at least I hoped you were lol.  And I know there are adults who type like this too and they look even more dumb.  I only used the term "kids" because I know you two, who were going back and forth with Puckstopper, are in fact kids.  Web forum/social media or a school essay, does it really matter?  You practice on the ice how you wanna play on the ice.  Well, if you can type properly in school why can''t you type like that here too?  You're not on your phone texting your friends, I'd bet most people on here don't like to read something that sounds like two 16 year olds texting.

Well I can probably bet a 15 year old coming to a forum full of people twice his age isn’t gonna blend in as well. It’s just the way some people talk lol, and don’t get me wrong, I don’t really associate myself with people my age who aren’t bothering to learn proper english.  In a way I agree, on a forum it can be annoying, I try to refrain from it

Edited by southpawtendy48

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Well I can probably bet a 15 year old coming to a forum full of people twice his age isn’t gonna blend in as well. It’s just the way some people talk lol, and don’t get me wrong, I don’t really associate with people my age who aren’t bothering to learn proper english.  In a way I agree, on a forum it can be annoying, I try to refrain from it

To be honest I don't recall you ever typing like that.  I just lumped you in there because you were defending it and because you facetiously made the comment that you were "too cool" to type correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

To be honest I don't recall you ever typing like that.  I just lumped you in there because you were defending it and because you facetiously made the comment that you were "too cool" to type correctly. 

I have a knack for being facetious like that, it comes with my age. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

I have a knack for being facetious like that, it comes with my age. 

That has nothing to do with age.  I am 35 and still a sarcastic jerk lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Ok I am sick of this.  You fucking kids are ridiculous.  You sound like idiots.  You don't care that you can't write a sentence in proper English?  Are you kidding?  I pity your generation, I really do.  You literally would prefer to type like a bunch of imbeciles than take a few extra SECONDS to type your responses like a coherent English speaking human being.  Kudos to you.  

Chill the fak down, most of us were sarcastic. Texting.... this is what happens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Chill the fak down, most of us were sarcastic. Texting.... this is what happens.

i posted the old man yells at cloud pic a bunch of times as a reply to SBRs reply and either it wont be added or its being deleted lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Max27 said:

i posted the old man yells at cloud pic a bunch of times as a reply to SBRs reply and either it wont be added or its being deleted lol

That's pretty funny.  Are you sure you remembered how to correctly post a picture or did you forget that too?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

That's pretty funny.  Are you sure you remembered how to correctly post a picture or did you forget that too?

Haha for once, I actually remembered how to do it. It was probably just be a glitch wiith my laptop

Edited by Max27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 9:25 PM, Max27 said:

i dont have access to the email i set this acc up with, forgot the passcode to that too. i should write this stuff down

1893644811_RickJames.jpg.34eaa791d9656a75de769934109df67e.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played around with the EF4 pro in store yesterday. 

They are INSANELY light. Like almost shockingly. The 34+1 was basically the same weight as my 32.5+1 Brian's. They also moved the Quick motion strap more towards the leg which felt more comfortable. They also thinned out the boot to be the same as a PremierII boot, just 90 degrees. Also seemed to be more flexible than EF3. 

Blocker also got SO much lighter, but the sidewall and board still feel super stiff. Glove is pretty much the same, although I am a huge fan of the material they are using stock (believe it's grey nash), although I'm certain it will get crustier faster than Suregrip. 

Even more tempted to order a set of EF4s with a 590 glove, although without demoing, I don't really know how I'd like them compared to GenIVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

What store had them in stock?  I thought the release date for these was late April.  I'd love to check them out early!

The Goalie Crease. Not a set for sale, just the sample set they got sent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

  • Member Statistics

    921
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    Sean Donahue
    Newest Member
    Sean Donahue
    Joined
  • Similar Content

    • By Puckstopper
      Isn't it the other way around?  600=baseball closure aka 60 degree,  590=75 degree and 580= roughly 90 degree? 
    • By Mroy31
      I'll start with the serious part.  In light of articles from the likes of Robin Lehner and Corey Hirsch, as well as the increased awareness of mental health issues, I think it's important to talk about these things.  I won't get super specific out of respect for the family, but they did encourage me to make this post when I brought up the idea.
      In January of this year, my girlfriend's brother took his own life at the age of 50.  He was a loving, compassionate person who left behind his son, sisters, mother, niece and nephews.  He lead a good life, enlisted in the Canadian Navy, was a successful accountant and also a member of the goaltending brotherhood.
      Due to the distance between us and her family (about 5 hour drive across Ontario), I only met him a handful of times over the last couple of years.  We were both the largely introverted types, so we never really got to talk more in depth about goaltending.  He didn't play anymore and I think we were both just too timid to get into it.
      Last weekend we cleaned out a storage locker of possessions and his mother and my gf asked if I would take a look at his old gear.  There are a few gems, he had good taste.  If all it gets is a moment to shine on these forums and then go into a donation bin, then that's great.  If anyone is interested in giving any of these pieces a good home, PM me and we can work something out.  Or if you've got any interesting insight on anything, please share  
      To temper expectations, there were no pads, skates, mask or sticks in the locker, we're not entirely sure if he had already gotten rid of them or they got taken somewhere over the years.
      Jock: still functional, brand mostly rubbed off, don't recognize it.

      Breezers: Brown JB900's.  Probably about the equivalent of a medium in today's sizes.  I can put them on easily with no jock or knee pads on and I wear XL pants.  Honestly, I would still feel comfortable wearing these on the ice.

      C/A: Adam's brand. Safety pin holding one panel down on the one arm, lots of straps.  Surprisingly sturdy, might be suitable for pond hockey or the new spec NHL   Anyone have any insight on Adam's and where they fit into gear history?


      Gloves: Ok, a couple of gems here.  Heaton Helite III's, 2 different colourways.  Blocker is pretty worn in, all finger protection has been detached from the actual glove.  Trapper has a floating T.  I feel like these might be candidates for a refurb.





      He was a good man who is gone too soon, and I'd give him a stick tap for his taste in gear for sure.
×
×
  • Create New...