Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2017 at 1:33 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Also may want to include Itech and Nike in here as they were also bought by Bauer.

Damn I miss Itech. I remember drooling over the X-wings when I was younger, they had an awesome design IMO. If I ever had money for a custom set of pads I'd love to get either the X-wing or P1 graphic in black and red. 

Currently using a pair of pro return Bauer Total One, 35+2. Probably gonna get rid of em, the thigh rise is stupidly big compared to anything I've used previously and it annoys me. 

IMG_20160707_193059.jpg

On 3/6/2017 at 2:32 AM, mik said:

Using pro return NXG gloves now, they have tight fit, perfect for my smaller hands. Great gloves.
And still got NikeBauer Supreme SE 3´s  at home ;) .
NBH Supreme SE3 Pro (2).jpg

I wish Bauer would make an updated version of these pads.  I'd be first in line to buy them.  I'm very disappointed companies don't make true hybrid pads like these anymore (as side from some of the smaller companies like Simmons, Boddam, etc.).  A lot of the companies now claim to make hybrid pads, when in reality they are slightly more softer versions with knee rolls of stiff butterfly pads.  They all now seem to have open-ish leg channels and the knee area is getting more open now too.  

2 hours ago, mik said:

Will buy them again too, only changes should be wider knee area and remove graphic from sliding part (knee area). But with actual bauer production, I don´t see that happen soon :( .

You could always have some one clone them. Several small makers would be willing to do that. Maybe you could ask JRZ really nicely if they could do them as they built all of the Itech/Nike/Bauer stuff.

1 minute ago, bunnyman666 said:

You could always have some one clone them. Several small makers would be willing to do that. Maybe you could ask JRZ really nicely if they could do them as they built all of the Itech/Nike/Bauer stuff.

JRZ won't even make X60 pads for NHL goalies anymore... that shop is locked down now thanks to Bauer.

Thanks for tips, but it is realy hard for me to get custom pads from US/CAN company, as I´m in Europe and not a Pro (e.g. taxes, transportation, customs...). 

But there are small companies with custom eqipment here too (M4G, DV Hockey). Maybe I´ll take those pads and let them make some changes? Not decided yet, because now I use them really only sometimes (once per week / 2 weeks) .

4 hours ago, mik said:

Thanks for tips, but it is realy hard for me to get custom pads from US/CAN company, as I´m in Europe and not a Pro (e.g. taxes, transportation, customs...). 

But there are small companies with custom eqipment here too (M4G, DV Hockey). Maybe I´ll take those pads and let them make some changes? Not decided yet, because now I use them really only sometimes (once per week / 2 weeks) .

I wonder if there were any custom gear builders in Europe that could build you a clone of those pads, then? 

I feel your pain. The Premier drum kits in the best nick were all back home in England. Sure- there are a few in America, and I have a few. In America, you can imagine how expensive it is to get a vintage Premier kit over to here. 

On 3/4/2017 at 4:39 PM, ZaySk93 said:

Damn I miss Itech. I remember drooling over the X-wings when I was younger, they had an awesome design IMO. If I ever had money for a custom set of pads I'd love to get either the X-wing or P1 graphic in black and red. 

Currently using a pair of pro return Bauer Total One, 35+2. Probably gonna get rid of em, the thigh rise is stupidly big compared to anything I've used previously and it annoys me. 

IMG_20160707_193059.jpg

Yes- the Supremes fit bigger than their size suggests. I have 34+2 One.9 and they never sealed the ice for me. Good pads, otherwise.

On 3/7/2017 at 8:15 AM, bunnyman666 said:

I wonder if there were any custom gear builders in Europe that could build you a clone of those pads, then? 

I feel your pain. The Premier drum kits in the best nick were all back home in England. Sure- there are a few in America, and I have a few. In America, you can imagine how expensive it is to get a vintage Premier kit over to here. 

Yes, I think czech company m4g will do that, some time ago we were talking about Hiller KOHO revolution gloves colne. Why not make custom pads, if your customer pays for..  Or slovak company ReasonY (my friend owns it ;) ). It is about the money you want to spend....

Buying equipment in US/CAN is not only about money you must spend on fees, taxes and transport. The biggest problem is that many sellers do not want to send to Europe. I can not understand why - when I am willing to pay in advance :( .   

EDIT: Another thing is, that I´m very satisfied with my KOHO pads now, so there is no need to build custom pads now. 

On 3/7/2017 at 9:54 AM, mik said:

Yes, I think czech company m4g will do that, some time ago we were talking about Hiller KOHO revolution gloves colne. Why not make custom pads, if your customer pays for..  Or slovak company ReasonY (my friend owns it ;) ). It is about the money you want to spend....

Buying equipment in US/CAN is not only about money you must spend on fees, taxes and transport. The biggest problem is that many sellers do not want to send to Europe. I can not understand why - when I am willing to pay in advance :( .   

EDIT: Another thing is, that I´m very satisfied with my KOHO pads now, so there is no need to build custom pads now.  

It is silly as far as not sending to Europe. I am certain they have their reasons... 

On 3/7/2017 at 12:36 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Those are sick.  I am such a sucker for 90s/early 00s pads.  Post some more pictures of these!

No problem Richter, found some photos I made when they were new and one photo some years back  ;) :
Bauer Supreme Pro SE-3 008.jpg

Bauer Supreme Pro SE-3 017.jpg

Bauer Supreme Pro SE-3 022.jpg

Bauer Supreme Pro SE-3 025.jpg

P1080030.JPG

... actually, I made only 3 mods:

1. skate lace instead of string

2. replaced thigh guards with knee pads

3. the small gap in knee padding was annoying, when I tried straps loose. So I put another foam block there (not at photo).
Bauer Supreme Pro SE-3 023.jpg

On 3/7/2017 at 11:47 PM, TheGoalNet said:

The above knee leather strap has me ?

I bought them for 2010-2011 season, but they were made in 2007, so this was standard. Above knee strap is there for nothing...
Pads I use now are very different it that:
DSC04824.JPG

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:27 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

I still order my pads with the thigh strap but I make them removable.  I use them to carry my pads and then remove them for game play.

That's genius. I keep an extra lace around to tie my pads up. Once I ditched the standard lace ties, I was in trouble

On 3/9/2017 at 6:06 PM, TheGoalNet said:

That's genius. I keep an extra lace around to tie my pads up. Once I ditched the standard lace ties, I was in trouble

Thanks, I come up with a good idea every now and again haha.  When I ordered my V6s a few years ago I asked for a lot of my straps and buckles to be removable as I wanted to try different setups with them.  I've knocked off a lot of straps since my V4 pads. Those had a fixed thigh strap, two knee straps, 3 calf straps, and 2 boot straps. My V6 started with a removable thigh strap and buckle, one knee strap and removable buckle, 2 calf straps, and one boot strap. As I meantioned I only use the thigh straps to carry my pads.  I removed the buckles on day 1 as soon as I got them as this was the plan all along.(I remove the straps as I am getting dressed). I removed the knee strap and buckle back in December or January, just use the knee lock. Now, with the Pro Laces, I am comfortable with no boot strap at all.  Its just too bad that buckle is not removable. I don't wanna cut it off in case I sell these pads one day.

@mik, love the pads.  Those and the old Reactor line are my favorites.