Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Punisher Goalie - Any idea what your XPM weighs? What size it ? This is a fit 2 

My XPM is a Fit 1. Its currently out for paint. Will get the weight when it comes back. I know I’ve weighed it before and it was around 1300 grams with cage, but can’t remember for sure.

37 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Thoughts or  reviews on the Bauer 37.5 sweat bands? Currently using original orange sham bands in my Stacey. Possibly looking at making a switch 

ECEE5145-D681-4537-B57D-447A13AE5E88.jpeg.e313219becd13cb5927e0904fbe4d221.jpeg

They are outstanding. I’ve bought a few extras. They are cheap, super comfortable, and dry quickly. I have experienced way better sweat absorption with the 37.5s vs. shams. 

33 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

They are outstanding. I’ve bought a few extras. They are cheap, super comfortable, and dry quickly. I have experienced way better sweat absorption with the 37.5s vs. shams. 

That’s what I’ve been reading online. Just ordered one today

***UPDATE - HUGE CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTABOY!!!  I had previously ordered a new jock thru the Hockey Shop Goal in Surrey... they accidentally sent the wrong one.  After sending me a purolator waybill for the return, their online sales rep, Christian, tossed in a 2 pack of the XPM 37.5 sweat bands at no charge.  I've always had great service from them and wanted to share how great they are***

Edited by cwarnar

38 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

That’s what I’ve been reading online. Just ordered one today

***UPDATE - HUGE CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTABOY!!!  I had previously ordered a new jock thru the Hockey Shop Goal in Surrey... they accidentally sent the wrong one.  After sending me a purolator waybill for the return, their online sales rep, Christian, tossed in a 2 pack of the XPM 37.5 sweat bands at no charge.  I've always had great service from them and wanted to share how great they are***

Christian is good shit. I've talked to him many of times and played against him as well.

• Like 1

On 16/12/2017 at 2:36 PM, WizYuan said:

I currently own a pair of Bauer S160 PLAYER skates and am having a bit of an issue with fit.

I've wear EE's and had them baked for my feet, using them to referee. I also have flat feet so I can't use superfeet in them (using stock insole). I've tried a few ways of tying the laces but have the same issue: The outsides of my feet ranging from the arches hurts like a bitch and cannot move them once I get the foot out. It's fine on the ice but as soon as I take them off, the pain just comes like a truck.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks.

Flat feet and super feet are usually a good combo...

4 hours ago, Kayen said:

@WizYuan See! See! I have flatter feet than you do and I swear by superfeet... Didn't you end up buying some when you got your skates? 

Me? No I don't use Superfeet. Don't really want to put them in my True's and they don't work well with my player skate.

6 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I'm with you guys on the 37.5 sweat bands. I had tried sham (not a fan) and was using Monster for about a year but since everything Bauer makes with 37.5 in it is awesome, I figured I'd try them. Could not be happier. 

The Bauer sweat bands are amazing and cheap. No reason to go with Monster or Sham anymore 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pauly35or00 said:

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Bauer went with binding on the 1X blocker. It always turns out looking awful and doesn't match the sleek aesthetic of the 1X line at all. It's gross.

Because Bauer is all about innovation and so they did something nobody has ever seen before! Oh, wait... 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gents!  I'm looking at finally updating my skates... Looking at the 1X vs X900, anyone dig into the differences between the 2?   Is the extra $300 cdn schmeckles worth it or would one be better using that cash towards some tydan blades.  

Sorry if this has already been discussed...

12 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

Gents!  I'm looking at finally updating my skates... Looking at the 1X vs X900, anyone dig into the differences between the 2?   Is the extra $300 cdn schmeckles worth it or would one be better using that cash towards some tydan blades.  

Sorry if this has already been discussed...

This is the only comparison i can find with my google-fu.

Pretty much the same difference you see between any pro skate and the one step down. A slight decrease in features and build quality. It never seems enough to me to spend the extra moolah for a slight upgrade.