Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

That's not my stick and I don't have physical specs. The basic description is that it falls between the old S190 and 1S. . . Maybe like an NXG?  

From Bauer's vantage point, I don't believe any company has yet to catch the weight of the 1S and they have beat it by 10% with the 2S Pro. It's my opinion they expect this stick will compete with Premier 2 and CRS1. The 2S Pro will be off in it's own category. This is similar to how Bauer played the launch of the TotalOne. The OG One100 was a "pro" skate and the TotalOne was a pro skate with a special variation or an "ultra pro". 

Another opinion I have pertains to the marketing of this stick. Most of the NHL guys with a 1S or 1X stick are still using an NXG stick. Given that the 2S Pro paddle will be obvious in a lot of pics, this gives Bauer a visual opportunity to explain what stick guys are using. The 2S could cover anyone using the NXG, 1S, or the actual 2S. 

Lastly, the 2S pro might freak some people out because it's a dramatic design. Bauer appears to be hedging their bets with 2 version of the 2S stick. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

That's not my stick and I don't have physical specs. The basic description is that it falls between the old S190 and 1S. . . Maybe like an NXG?  

From Bauer's vantage point, I don't believe any company has yet to catch the weight of the 1S and they have beat it by 10% with the 2S Pro. It's my opinion they expect this stick will compete with Premier 2 and CRS1. The 2S Pro will be off in it's own category. This is similar to how Bauer played the launch of the TotalOne. The OG One100 was a "pro" skate and the TotalOne was a pro skate with a special variation or an "ultra pro". 

Another opinion I have pertains to the marketing of this stick. Most of the NHL guys with a 1S or 1X stick are still using an NXG stick. Given that the 2S Pro paddle will be obvious in a lot of pics, this gives Bauer a visual opportunity to explain what stick guys are using. The 2S could cover anyone using the NXG, 1S, or the actual 2S. 

Lastly, the 2S pro might freak some people out because it's a dramatic design. Bauer appears to be hedging their bets with 2 version of the 2S stick. 

From what your saying how this is between the S190 and 1S  it would be the same model as the currant SPro model that is offered right now to semi pro/pro goalies. Judging by your pictures it has the same material used on the paddle as my SPro too. I will get a better look at the paddle once am home and have ir on my tablet. It's too small on myphone.

**Just checked out the pictures again and the 2s is the same build as the currant Bauer SPro model that is only available to semi pro/pro goalies. It basically falls below the 1s/NXG for weight as it weights  alittle more then those models but the materials are a little more durable and stronger. 

Edited by Snowman30

Have the chance to get a steal on a set of X900 Skates... Currently wearing Reactor 6000's.  Is fit going to be the same?

All the charts I've read say so... Any input from those who went to cowlingless Bauer skates?

bauerx900goalskate.thumb.jpg.64d8f08362a97c0b9aa32d0ad2b82615.jpg

Edited by cwarnar

20 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Any input from those who went to cowlingless Bauer skates?

Things I have noticed in 3 games and 1 lesson:

- I find it much easier to balance and set my feet in my stance. Feels like my skating lines and shuffles are much cleaner, and even swifter now.

- Pushing from in the butterfly or RVH feels notably different. Your foot can get much lower to the ice, and establish a good grip much quicker. 

- Skating out to play pucks feels much less hindered and clumsy.

- Feels like the edge goes out quicker on the steel. I had done a lesson and two games and had to resharpen already. I usually go 5-7 skates before sharpening.

- I recommend you go down one or two hollows for your sharpness at first. I'm usually a 3/8th guy, but the attack angles and better connection to the ice has made me go for a 1/2 instead.

- Also; I normally have a hard time dialing in fit. I've worn them only four times and already they feel really comfortable. It usually takes me a lot longer for new skates.

Edited by Moose75

2 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Things I have noticed in 3 games and 1 lesson:

- I find it much easier to balance and set my feet in my stance. Feels like my skating lines and shuffles are much cleaner, and even swifter now.

- Pushing from in the butterfly or RVH feels notably different. Your foot can get much lower to the ice, and establish a good grip much quicker. 

- Skating out to play pucks feels much less hindered and clumsy.

- Feels like the edge goes out quicker on the steel. I had done a lesson and two games and had to resharpen already. I usually go 5-7 skates before sharpening.

- I recommend you go down one or two hollows for your sharpness at first. I'm usually a 3/8th guy, but the attack angles and better connection to the ice has made me go for a 1/2 instead.

- Also; I normally have a hard time dialing in fit. I've worn them only four times and already they feel really comfortable. It usually takes me a lot longer for new skates.

What were you wearing before?  And same size in the new skates?

I'd likely upgrade to Tydan steel... Seems what most in new Bauer are moving too

Edited by cwarnar

30 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

What were you wearing before?  And same size in the new skates?

I'd likely upgrade to Tydan steel... Seems what most in new Bauer are moving too

Same size, but I think my 1X are 10D. Not too sure, but I think my old pair were D as well. I previously had a Brian Elliot pro stock skate. 4MM Vertexx cowling without the Vertexx spot. Looked like this:

1264-10-0001-a__60756.1504124160_1280_1280.thumb.jpg.a8d2394c0c3675adff4bc559ad6a0451.jpg

Edited by Moose75

• 2 weeks later...

Questions for anyone here with a 1X pad: why can't I get the pad to rotate back on my leg after I recover out of the butterfly?

I have to push the pad back in place or else it sits crooked on my leg. After running through a series of tests to see which strap is the cause, I've found it to be the Tune Fit strap. I'm using the large size, since medium felt way too tight for my liking, and they don't make xl. Will the elasticity of the strap loosen a bit with a few more wearings, or is this gonna be a pain in the butt problem?

Also; anyone here have the 1X knee guards? Do they work better in concert with 1x pads? Knee guards always cause me the most issues of any piece of gear.

Edited by Moose75

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Moose75 - Wore the 1X briefly during a demo at OTM Bauer Store. I had no issues. 

Maybe loosen that strap just a bit?

What are you using for a boot strap and toe ties?

I have it on the edge of the calf wrap so it isn't on too tightly. Maybe I'm just positioning the TuneFit wrong? I've tried it on with knee guards and full gear, and without any gear on, and got the same result. That's why I'm thinking it could just need more breaking in.

No boot strap, elastic toe ties. I should mention my knee block does not have that 45 degree cut either.

11 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

I have it on the edge of the calf wrap so it isn't on too tightly. Maybe I'm just positioning the TuneFit wrong? I've tried it on with knee guards and full gear, and without any gear on, and got the same result. That's why I'm thinking it could just need more breaking in.

No boot strap, elastic toe ties. I should mention my knee block does not have that 45 degree cut either.

How tight is your knee strap? Attached at calf or knee? I'm assuming the pads are rotated outwards when you stand back up, I had the opposite problem with my 1S for a bit and figured it was because I had the knee strap too tight going down to the calf. Loosened that a bit and got them more neutral. Maybe tightening yours would help? 

47 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Moose75 this one sounds tricky, does it feel like your pants or knee pads are catching the larger knee blocks? 

Nope! Pants are good. I've gotta say I love the extra room in the knee on the 1X pants.

46 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

How tight is your knee strap? Attached at calf or knee? I'm assuming the pads are rotated outwards when you stand back up, I had the opposite problem with my 1S for a bit and figured it was because I had the knee strap too tight going down to the calf. Loosened that a bit and got them more neutral. Maybe tightening yours would help? 

I did calf, so it could have been too tight. That does sounds like it could be preventing re-rotation. I'll try it at the knee too to see if it's that strap. Otherwise it has to be the TuneFit thing.

Coming from wearing Vaughn/CCM [Reebok/Heaton] my whole career, these pads are like alien tech. I mean that in a good way.

Here's some pictures to make my crappy descriptions easier to understand.

This is pre-butterfly or pad on the ice. Sit nicely on my leg and square, no issues there.

5a787f2f43c9c_IMG_2397(1).thumb.jpg.2e3c677913587b4934a8e596ae512db8.jpg5a787f2d4b249_IMG_2396(1).thumb.jpg.879167c299edcbddc00a7df3de40268b.jpg

When I drop my leg it also sits nicely on my leg. Good rotation. I tried at-the-knee for velcro this time.

5a787f5ecedce_IMG_2398(1).thumb.jpg.d371463c390dc3d097b80311a4afcdf8.jpg

And when I move my leg back up, like I would in recovery, it sits crooked on my knee and leg now until I brush it back with my blocker hand.

5a787fa48fd5b_IMG_2401(1).thumb.jpg.64fc622786c4af9fcfb1b9eb6421e1f8.jpg5a787fa32e743_IMG_2400(1).thumb.jpg.78731bf903a333945227b5c3e0c47122.jpg

7 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Moose75 - 

Here are my thoughts:

1. Move the knee lock down to the calf

2. Get rid of any knots in the toe ties 

3. Move to Pro Laces and don't any knots at the bottom

4. Might be what it is. That's not way off. It might pop into place naturally the more you move in them 

I'll give these a try! 

I didn't realize knots in the elastic toe ties wasn't good. I usually have a fair amount of slack when I used laces. Yeah I think I need a few more skates in them. That's the only issue I've had. Thanks!

And thanks to @Mroy31 too!