Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

51 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Not sure of the actual dimensions... and yes they look like something a hipster hockey player would wear... but if they're the same size as CCM 13A... totally worth it. 

I am kicking myself for not buying 13A. I could have made amazing content with 12A side by side 

48 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I am kicking myself for not buying 13A. I could have made amazing content with 12A side by side 

If my fit were right for you I'd gladly send them your way. Might not hurt to throw up a post asking. Surely someone out there bought a pair that would fit they could part with for a little while.

12 minutes ago, Znowleopard said:

Honestly not a fan of the new nhl pant size, i want to be able to close my 5 hole thank you very much.

Neather am I. Now everything above xl is custom order/custom upcharge. Absolute BS. I was looking at buying pair to try after using Brown 2300 pants the last 5 years. 

Mocked this up with the 2S launch coming up. After talking with Rance at TGC, and getting a DM response from the Bauer IG confirming Fall for custom graphics, decided I'll go stock graphic since I want the updated sliding surface and 1X knee block. Not going to wait that long for functional upgrades. 

If the reviews on custom printing come back positive, maybe I'll pull the trigger on some 3S or something :P

(didn't feel like doing both pads, left Hanks original for reference) 

Bauer2S_CustomGraphic.jpg

Edited by Mroy31

If anyone has worn the Tackla 6600 Keeper pants from the '80s-'90s as I have, you couldn't find a slimmer goal pant without calling them player pants. They were even slimmer than my D&R Pantas of before. I'll try and find a pic of me with them (Tacklas) and post it.

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

Back to my Vapor 700 skates...should my blade be dull after only 3 games, or did the shop do a shit job on my sharpening?

The stock steel on the lower model Bauer skates are junk.  I suggest grabbing Tydan steel to upgrade

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cwarnar said:

The stock steel on the lower model Bauer skates are junk.  I suggest grabbing Tydan steel to upgrade

Just looked at their website. They're not much for descriptions eh. The stainless steel one is their cheapest. I'm guessing it's still better than the bauer ones? Are they high like step steel or regular height?

I had no idea blades were so friggin expensive, sheesh!

7 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Just looked at their website. They're not much for descriptions eh. The stainless steel one is their cheapest. I'm guessing it's still better than the bauer ones? Are they high like step steel or regular height?

I'm not 100% sure on the height... I just know most guys especially with the lower models are swapping out their steel.  

I tried on some X900's and they were supposed to have LSG2 STEEL.  My buddy said it's junk. 

Dennis or Chuck at GoalieParts are hands down the best to deal with - https://goalieparts.com/products/tydan-custom-skate-blades

1 hour ago, Hills said:

I haven't noticed a difference between the 2 sizing regs so far.

I didn't understand how the new sizing regs would make closing the 5hole harder.  I actually had trouble closing my 5hole in my old pair of 1S pants with the added thigh/groin pad, so I took that out.  

4 hours ago, RichMan said:

Tydan Stainless is a higher grade than stock Bauer yes... and for my two cents... although judging by you comment on the price you may not take me up on this... I suggest the DLC. I've noticed a significant reduction in the number of times I need sharpenings as well as generally holding the edge very well even when kicking posts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Tydan Stainless is a higher grade than stock Bauer yes... and for my two cents... although judging by you comment on the price you may not take me up on this... I suggest the DLC. I've noticed a significant reduction in the number of times I need sharpenings as well as generally holding the edge very well even when kicking posts.

DLC is a must. The LSG3+ on my 1S skates is dull after two skates and unusable after three. I came from Bauer Pros with Step Blacksteel Extremes and I could go 6-8 skates without sharpening. It's about a $40 difference between Step or Tydan stainless and their DLC offerings. My shop charges $7 for sharpenings, so the DLC pays for itself after only three months  or less of twice weekly skates. Just remember to teach your pro shop guy not to use stones on them. Leather works just fine.

It's a shame about having to wait till fall for custom graphics. I'm in this tough spot where I'm considering Optik Fly's so I can match my team. I'm wearing some all white 1X pads right now. If I'm going to wait to have to get custom graphics in the fall, I might as well wait to buy whatever replaces the 1X, so I'm looking at being unmatched for over a year. I don't even want anything fancy, just the standard 1X graphics on a black background.

24 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

It's a shame about having to wait till fall for custom graphics. I'm in this tough spot where I'm considering Optik Fly's so I can match my team. I'm wearing some all white 1X pads right now. If I'm going to wait to have to get custom graphics in the fall, I might as well wait to buy whatever replaces the 1X, so I'm looking at being unmatched for over a year. I don't even want anything fancy, just the standard 1X graphics on a black background.

You could always just padskinz it.

8 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Emailed Tydan and they said their blades are 1/4" higher than what's on my Bauers, essentially Step Steel, what I don't want. Does any of these companies make a lower blade replacement?

11 hours ago, Hills said:

I can get on this.

I’ve got some and they’re incredible. It took minimal break in to get them to the mobility I wanted for games and the streamlined legs honestly make me less clunky and quicker. Now I understand why some NHL guys like vasilevskiy started useinf them before they were mandatory and fell in love with them.