Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

Thanks, liked old reactor line (Cujo, Hašek..) when I was young, but no chance I could have them at that time.

Still I can not convince myself to send pads to someone else... It looks like they stay with me ;).

Edited by mik

6 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

And then removed all of the rolls

Image result for bauer supreme goalie pads 2002

Interesting, don't remember this last iteration 

unfortunately, Bauer has gone thru waives of caring and not caring about goalie gear. I think this was during a period of not caring too much. Right now, they are all in again 

On ‎18‎.‎3‎.‎2017 at 0:15 AM, TheGoalNet said:

What was the rationale behind flat thigh rise and round shin rolls? 

Just for... nothing, design (maybe).

On ‎18‎.‎3‎.‎2017 at 10:17 PM, cwarnar said:

Never did understand the point of a double boot strap

To prevent rotation of pads. Yes, back in the day, rotation was problem ;) .

On ‎18‎.‎3‎.‎2017 at 1:20 AM, bunnyman666 said:

Just dig those pads. Probably would not not like them in real life these days...

They are old school pads and it is not easy to play in them, if you are not used to. But I still see some older goalies play with them.

Personaly I never played with those pads on ice - bought them some years ago on sale for a realy fraction of price (last piece of old school model, which no one would like to buy) to use them on hobby summer inline. Long story short - I was injured (ankle) before I can even use them and never play inline hockey from then... 

On 3/20/2017 at 2:07 AM, mik said:

Just for... nothing, design (maybe).

To prevent rotation of pads. Yes, back in the day, rotation was problem ;) .

They are old school pads and it is not easy to play in them, if you are not used to. But I still see some older goalies play with them.

Personaly I never played with those pads on ice - bought them some years ago on sale for a realy fraction of price (last piece of old school model, which no one would like to buy) to use them on hobby summer inline. Long story short - I was injured (ankle) before I can even use them and never play inline hockey from then... 

So they are just sitting around in good nick, then? 

• 3 weeks later...

It's the same design they had since the Reactor 6000. I am pretty sure they are doing it just to do it at this point instead of it service a purpose since the RX10 blocker was bindingless. Same with the CCM gloves where you can order them with bindings, it is an easy thing (probably easier to make as well) to do to keep some traditionalists happy.

16 hours ago, Hills said:

It's the same design they had since the Reactor 6000. I am pretty sure they are doing it just to do it at this point instead of it service a purpose since the RX10 blocker was bindingless. Same with the CCM gloves where you can order them with bindings, it is an easy thing (probably easier to make as well) to do to keep some traditionalists happy.

I get why, I just think it looks silly. 

Make sense to me on the Brian's Hertiage line. 

The bauer lines are trying to be the epitome of modern and a binding is just was a waste of space

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hills said:

1X will be a slightly different fit profile than 1S, and it will be a bit softer boot. It should have less depth in the boot than the Supreme.

Luckily, I've got a Supreme foot, so no worries here... but Depth where?

Given the feedback on the Supreme line, of not fitting the widest range of feet, I was thinking the Vapor would have depth and volume to accommodate more people's feet 

1 minute ago, TheGoalNet said:

Luckily, I've got a Supreme foot, so no worries here... but Depth where?

Given the feedback on the Supreme line, of not fitting the widest range of feet, I was thinking the Vapor would have depth and volume to accommodate more people's feet 

From everything I've heard, the fit will be similar to the Vapor player skates compared to Supreme. So it would have less depth and less volume overall.

bauerskatefitchart-2015.jpg