Jump to content
TheGoalNet

Bauer Gear

Recommended Posts

On 3/31/2018 at 12:57 AM, Aquilzz said:

From my experience, the Speed Plates are perfect for people with high arches and the Superfeet Yellow/Carbon is more for players with low arches. 

My girlfriend (also a hockey player) had huge problems with her Superfeet and that was because her arches were too high and causing compression in that area. But has nothing good things to say about the Speed Plates. 

I got some speedplates last night, but got kind of rushed out of the store because I was there at close, so didn't get the full 10 minute sitting mold time.  Will bake them again at home this weekend, but they already felt pretty good with the first skate.  

For reference, I have a pretty natural arch, but have pretty significant pronation when I stand, so hoping the speedplates will have more significant arch support as Aquilzz described.

PS.  Love seeing all the 2S orders going out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/04/2018 at 11:23 AM, DJohnson33 said:

I ordered a 2s Pro set size small with intermediate palm on the blocker. I also got angled knee block, soft boot flex, and sewn in outer knee flap on the pads.

fullsizeoutput_3c2.jpeg

What size do you use in other brands? Some say that ccms fit taller but the small (2s) I tried were so tall that it led me to order XS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

What size do you use in other brands? Some say that ccms fit taller but the small (2s) I tried were so tall that it led me to order XS!

A 32+1” in CCM is what I felt most comfortable in.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just a matter time of fellas... I don't think it's coming with the 2X Launch, but it is coming to retail. That pic is the marketing department continuing to build demand for the launch of the custom graphics. 

@TGC-Rance  Any dates to share?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2018 at 4:02 PM, maxtm30 said:

What size do you use in other brands? Some say that ccms fit taller but the small (2s) I tried were so tall that it led me to order XS!

They offer XS now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2018 at 5:06 PM, TheGoalNet said:

It's just a matter time of fellas... I don't think it's coming with the 2X Launch, but it is coming to retail. That pic is the marketing department continuing to build demand for the launch of the custom graphics. 

@TGC-Rance  Any dates to share?

From what I saw this Blue vapor set was something Bauer was toying around with while they were developing them. However the custom printing and graphic from what I have been told will be late 2018.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TGC-Rance said:

From what I saw this Blue vapor set was something Bauer was toying around with while they were developing them. However the custom printing and graphic from what I have been told will be late 2018.

Heard the same thing, like October-ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Heard the same thing, like October-ish.

I work at retail; I was told late 2018, but definitely before 2019, so if you like the pads but not the graphic, I recommend you wait a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maxtm30 said:

I work at retail; I was told late 2018, but definitely before 2019, so if you like the pads but not the graphic, I recommend you wait a bit.

Also work in retail. Anyway I ordered Premier 2 stuff, Bauer isn't my cup of tea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Also work in retail. Anyway I ordered Premier 2 stuff, Bauer isn't my cup of tea.

I honestly hesitated between a darker ef3 set and the supremes, but i went with bauer since i had demos and they felt great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thebigm said:

These arrived at work today. 

Gonna go on the ice with them tomorrow morning.  

E998A82F-B193-4A40-8776-52A919287BED.jpeg

6299768F-9B20-477E-A345-6FFCABC0E027.jpeg

That's actually a really nice way to distinguish demo pads.  Hurray for digital printing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2018 at 11:04 PM, RichMan said:

Getting back to my skates insoles, does anyone have experience with the Bauer Speed Plate insoles?

image.png.ecb8c8956e78edbf5e67b3da169ff4fb.png

On 3/31/2018 at 12:57 AM, Aquilzz said:

From my experience, the Speed Plates are perfect for people with high arches and the Superfeet Yellow/Carbon is more for players with low arches. 

My girlfriend (also a hockey player) had huge problems with her Superfeet and that was because her arches were too high and causing compression in that area. But has nothing good things to say about the Speed Plates. 

So if my feet are perfectly fine using the stock Bauer 7000 footbeds would I be better off using Superfeet(old yellow/new carbon) or the Speedplates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

That's actually a really nice way to distinguish demo pads.  Hurray for digital printing

They are! But a pain in the but if you want to sell them later lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

So if my feet are perfectly fine using the stock Bauer 7000 footbeds would I be better off using Superfeet(old yellow/new carbon) or the Speedplates?

Stock footbeds generally have low arches, so Superfeet would probably be fine. However, if you're not having trouble with your current insoles, I wouldn't replace them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got the email from GoalieMonkey with 2s line pricing.

Biggest surprises were:

  • $749.99 pricing on the 2s skate (maybe @TheGoalNet had reported that already)
  • 2s Pro stick is $299.99 (I think we had all heard $350) 
  • 2s stick is $199.99 so it slots in price wise with where the S190 used to be
  • 2s Legs alone are down to $1799.99 which is $100 less than 1x legs. I would expect a price drop on 1x to match

2s Pro sticks come in 5 colors as opposed to the 1s which had three colors unless you went MyBauer. I play for a green team so I'll either be buying a black through retail or waiting until the MyBauer customization is open for the 2s Pro to get green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

Just got the email from GoalieMonkey with 2s line pricing.

Biggest surprises were:

  • $749.99 pricing on the 2s skate (maybe @TheGoalNet had reported that already)
  • 2s Pro stick is $299.99 (I think we had all heard $350) 
  • 2s stick is $199.99 so it slots in price wise with where the S190 used to be
  • 2s Legs alone are down to $1799.99 which is $100 less than 1x legs. I would expect a price drop on 1x to match

2s Pro sticks come in 5 colors as opposed to the 1s which had three colors unless you went MyBauer. I play for a green team so I'll either be buying a black through retail or waiting until the MyBauer customization is open for the 2s Pro to get green.

Anyone have a photo or link showing what the colors look like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, goalieThreeOne said:

Stock footbeds generally have low arches, so Superfeet would probably be fine. However, if you're not having trouble with your current insoles, I wouldn't replace them.

I already have a pair of Superfeet in another pair of skates that I don't use so its not as if I am buying them.  I was curious about the Speedplates since they're moldable but if they wouldn't be good for my arches then I won't bother.  Just looking to spruce up my skates a little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, goalieThreeOne said:

Just got the email from GoalieMonkey with 2s line pricing.

Biggest surprises were:

  • $749.99 pricing on the 2s skate (maybe @TheGoalNet had reported that already)
  • 2s Pro stick is $299.99 (I think we had all heard $350) 
  • 2s stick is $199.99 so it slots in price wise with where the S190 used to be
  • 2s Legs alone are down to $1799.99 which is $100 less than 1x legs. I would expect a price drop on 1x to match

2s Pro sticks come in 5 colors as opposed to the 1s which had three colors unless you went MyBauer. I play for a green team so I'll either be buying a black through retail or waiting until the MyBauer customization is open for the 2s Pro to get green.

If you watch my Premier II stick video, it brings up a fascinating point. No one has caught Bauer for lightweight or balance. Everyone is trying to catch the NXG which is about to have it's 4th birthday. They put more R&D into the category and use molds to build their sticks. That is why they cost so much, aside from demand. 

So it will be interesting to see if the 2S (No Pro) is the same weight as the NXG. If so, it sorta seems like Bauer has the market cornered at both price points. IMO, the only two reasons not to buy a Bauer stick are the limitation of the pattern or if you don't like the unusual paddle shapes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×