Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

@Awgoalie164 I'll let @Hills recount his stories with the Vapors, but with my last 2 sets of Supremes, they have been 8/9 weeks.  Not sure if there's an actual production reason that Vapors and Supremes would have different factors that affect delivery time, might just be personal luck (bad or good).

I got my set on the ice last night and they basically felt like a much sturdier/balanced version of my 1S, which is exactly what I was hoping for.  No real break in necessary for me.  I do wish they would update the strapping on their catch gloves though.  They never hold tight enough around my wrist, so I'll have to play with that a bit more.

Once I get my 1S set back from Rance, I'm planning on doing a comparison thread between the 1S and 2S.  There are a couple of updates outside of the obvious marketed changes.  The 2S also feel like they fit me better than my 1S despite being the same size, so I want to get a side by side comparison.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 10:25 AM, TVille31 said:

Has anyone seen the 2s customizer anywhere?

The Bauer IG account just posted that due to including a bunch of new colourways, the customizer will be delayed until the end of the month.  Don't have time right now to screengrab and post them all here, but there are waaaayyy more combinations than the Vapor or the options I was given when I pre-ordered.  I would have maybe just done White/Blue/Silver instead of White/Blue/Blue, but I like how the blue with the silver logos came out.

No dark based colourways still though

1 hour ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Thought I’d post this here too for those interested. My retail 2S Pro came in today - 25” P31 weighs in at 640 grams. 

12694BBC-D02B-482C-8B1F-83D8B07D4CED.jpeg

Stop posting that stick!!! ??I’m about to sell my Fazio and get one. The gold would match our jerseys and the blackish Textreme would be better for #BlackTapeBandits 

14 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Stop posting that stick!!! ??I’m about to sell my Fazio and get one. The gold would match our jerseys and the blackish Textreme would be better for #BlackTapeBandits 

You posted the demo I had in the youtube video you made a while back; the textreme is still silver, just with a gloss clear overlay all throughout the paddle, making the lighter squares lighter and the darker squares darker. In other words, that added a layer to protect the graphic in the front and back!

Edited by maxtm30

On 5/19/2018 at 9:10 PM, Mroy31 said:

Picked them up this morning, but had to spend the day doing things outside with other people, so just getting settled now. 

Pretty psyched. Knee blocks are way sturdier, the glove is already more broken in than my 1S was. Get to take them on the ice Monday night. 

20180519_210231.jpg

20180519_210156.jpg

20180519_210115.jpg

Is that navy or blue?

38 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

That's the regular Blue.  Unfinished basement lighting isn't great :P

At least you have your disposal income priorities straight! I have writing this from an unfinished basement waiting for my Optik C&A arrives... Carpet? Walls? Who needs it!!! 

• Like 1

So does anyone know where I can get some replacement S.A.W. rubber attachments for my C2 mask?

I've been unable to find any third party store online that offers them, but I do have an RFQ in with the large local shop to see if they can get them for me. Just want to see if anyone on this site knows a good avenue to get these.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, I've pulled a @TheGoalNet and circled in a bright colour what I'm referring to.

Untitled.thumb.png.98801d3b53cfda225bf2b70d2f08e237.png

15 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So does anyone know where I can get some replacement S.A.W. rubber attachments for my C2 mask?

I've been unable to find any third party store online that offers them, but I do have an RFQ in with the large local shop to see if they can get them for me. Just want to see if anyone on this site knows a good avenue to get these.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, I've pulled a @TheGoalNet and circled in a bright colour what I'm referring to.

Untitled.thumb.png.98801d3b53cfda225bf2b70d2f08e237.png

@thebigm @TGC-Rance @Aquilzz - any of your shops carry this 

• Thanks 1

Initial impressions of my 2S Pro stick after my first skate with it today:

Appearance: not all that important to me, but really happy with the look all taped up. A little weird being a Caps fan using a penguins gold stick, but on the ice I think the colorway is actually pretty subtle. It is certainly shinier/glossier overall to my eye compared with the 1S stick.

Weight: oh yeah, you can feel it. I’m coming from a 1S in the exact same size/curve/tape and I promise you, as light as the 1S is, 2S Pro is on another level. It may be a difference in the balance, who knows, I haven’t tried testing the relative balance points yet. 

Performance (save mode): this is a function of the weight IMO, but I really enjoyed playing with it today. I felt like I was able to effectively direct the puck on saves more often because I felt faster. I took several shots to the blade and paddle area and it felt super-stiff, but not clangy or tingy like the 1S sometimes feels. Just solid and the puck flies off. There is some serious science in the design of the Ergo Spine - I know a lot of people have doubts about durability but honestly the way it feels when pucks strike it make you think its actually way more durable than the 1S.

Shooting/stickhandling: lightweight may not be for everyone with stickhandling and shooting, but I love it. I definitely felt like my hands are faster and specifically I can get more lift on my backhand shots/passes. One thing that REALLY surprised me was the grip coating. I was expecting to hate it as I did on the 1S and I’ve sanded down my 1S to take it off. I decided to give it one shot and I’m really glad I did. I hated it on the 1S because I felt it was way too sticky and I couldn’t release my hand to go from short to long stick. On the 2S Pro, the grip is just enough to be effective and lock in your hand but IMO releases way more easily than the 1S. YMMV but this was a huge issue for me and I’m so happy that I don’t have to deal with taping the handle or sanding it down. 

Will post more when I get more time with it.

Edited by Punisher Goalie
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@thebigm @TGC-Rance @Aquilzz - any of your shops carry this 

So maybe the guys above will have a different answer, but my local shop said I'm S.O.L. for acquiring any replacement parts for the C2 as apparently Bauer doesn't support the helmet line through parts sales anymore.

Pretty disappointing to find out. One of the S.A.W. pieces is on it's way out, so either I need to figure out some sort of replacement or retire the bucket. The latter is definitely something I'm not looking forward to. 

On 5/24/2018 at 4:22 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

So maybe the guys above will have a different answer, but my local shop said I'm S.O.L. for acquiring any replacement parts for the C2 as apparently Bauer doesn't support the helmet line through parts sales anymore.

Pretty disappointing to find out. One of the S.A.W. pieces is on it's way out, so either I need to figure out some sort of replacement or retire the bucket. The latter is definitely something I'm not looking forward to. 

I checked in with Bauer, the is no more components for the concept mask in production. This line of mask is pretty much a commercial failure.

• Thanks 1