Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

19 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Anyone know how to fix this? Or at least seal it? Had a guy run into me while on a breakaway.

Shoe goo!  Give it 48-72 hours to set.

They produce two kinds, clear and black.  Make sure you get the clear, apply a thin strip along the cut and spread it with a thin, disposable flat edge.

image.thumb.png.82054f83afa2ddfc2a3cc47cec2b84c6.png

• Like 1

Took the jump and bought a 2s pro set of gloves of Sideline swap. They are labeled 1s but are the 2s Pro model. Price wasn't bad ether cost me $450 Canadian for the set shipped. Glove was used the end of the OHL season and blocker was sample made to try on in the OHL. Got the blocker yesterday and it pretty much brand new. Glove I will clean up a bit but  I am not going to complain about it. Next on my list is some Vapor or 2s pads. After being in Brian's for around 15 years I decided I wanted to try Bauer's gear out again. 

7526071d293bfb3a_large.jpeg

4da0f873513c44fb_large.jpeg

71944faa43bf4ffa_large.jpeg

833fa3460543c99f_large.jpeg

2df4bb818651f4a5_large.jpeg

6f05a7781da5ea1f_large.jpeg

Edited by Snowman30

@Snowman30 Nice pickup.  I'm curious about the pocket on the glove.  I feel like I always see pro gloves with the pocket mashed back towards the hand and the tip flattened out.  Is that just how they break in when they face as many pucks as they do, or is that a pro spec for the pocket T?  

I got to demo a set of the new 2s gear and really enjoyed them. I tried a large set and they fit very well (I currently wear ccm premier 34+2) and I felt more mobile while skating. I did notice have some issues with my knee moving off the block while sliding. That may be down to how I had them strapped since I wear the knee strap down to the calf wrap. I also removed the bottom calf strap to make it feel more like my premiers. The blocker was really light I found the palm to be too short and the fingers very loose. However, it does shot pucks off like crazy. To my surprise, I actually liked the glove. I currently wear a stock ccm premier glove (590 single T) and have always had those glove specs. The glove was a bit stiff, though it was the first time it was used. I loved the double tee and angle of the glove and found it felt very natural. I'll play around with the strapping some more but these could very well end up being my next set.

Image-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Mroy31 said:

@Snowman30 Nice pickup.  I'm curious about the pocket on the glove.  I feel like I always see pro gloves with the pocket mashed back towards the hand and the tip flattened out.  Is that just how they break in when they face as many pucks as they do, or is that a pro spec for the pocket T?  

Thanks, I think it's just how they break it in. I had eflex 3 glove from the OHL last year that I traded for the 1s I also own(and are trying to sell or trade) and the pocket was the same thing. Once I get the 2s glove am going to see how the pocket is and more then likely replace it with skate lace. Am really looking forward to using the blocker, after hearing about the shots comes off them really good. 

I am looking for some info on Bauer's pad sizing with this new system they have. Did quick search on here and not much came up. Now am in a 35+1 Sub Zero 2 pad now. Would I be better in a size large or XL Bauer pad now with there sizing system ?  I had read some people went up a size with this, and others stayed the same. The nearest store from me with gear is 2-2.5 hours away so am kind of buying blind. Also am buying used this time around as its my 1st go with Bauer pads. 

3 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

I am looking for some info on Bauer's pad sizing with this new system they have. Did quick search on here and not much came up. Now am in a 35+1 Sub Zero 2 pad now. Would I be better in a size large or XL Bauer pad now with there sizing system ?  I had read some people went up a size with this, and others stayed the same. The nearest store from me with gear is 2-2.5 hours away so am kind of buying blind. Also am buying used this time around as its my 1st go with Bauer pads. 

I just demoed a large 1s set tonight. I use 35+2 premiers and I found them a tad small.  I would go up to an XL.  They weren't horrible but would notice my knee being too high on a couple of slides.

1 hour ago, AG37 said:

Transitioning from roller to ice, it seems that I still drag my toe a bit. In roller I do not use a toe tie, but a snug boot strap. Ice I use skatelace with some slack and a loose bootstrap. What's the best way to stop this from getting worse? As you can see I put some Velcro over part of it but it only stays on for a skate or two.

Get a cowling. :P

I'm assuming you're dragging your toes while in your backside recoveries and general sliding?

If anyone sees any sales on 2s Pro sticks please post. I'd like to try one if I can find an ok price. I know Bauer not supposed to ever be on sale but I found a couple 1S sticks on sale during different times. 

Edited by 1C5

24 minutes ago, 1C5 said:

If anyone sees any sales on 2s Pro sticks please post. I'd like to try one if I can find an ok price. I know Bauer not supposed to ever be on sale but I found a couple 1S sticks on sale during different times. 

I might be selling one soon. I personally do not like the step shoulders on the Pro Return I got. 

54 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I might be selling one soon. I personally do not like the step shoulders on the Pro Return I got. 

That's the one thing I like.  It I can never find it stock now a days. I always used Halak pattern Sherwoods that had it and loved it. Let me know too about it.

7 hours ago, Griffin Davis 31 said:

It might be just me, but when i tried on the vapor blocker at the store and the palm material felt terrible to hold a stick with. I think it's Nash and it was kind of think which made it hard to get a hold of the stick. If anybody had problem like this please let me know.

I thought the palm felt like me CCM blocker palm and that has always been great but the side of the blocked was a different story. With a stick in hand I actually had to break it in to that I could grip a stick without anything catching. I didn’t have this problem when I bought my CCM.

3 hours ago, Awgoalie164 said:

I thought the palm felt like me CCM blocker palm and that has always been great but the side of the blocked was a different story. With a stick in hand I actually had to break it in to that I could grip a stick without anything catching. I didn’t have this problem when I bought my CCM.

By breaking it in do you mean the palm material or kind of softening up the stick area part of the sidewall of it.