Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

13 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

Thanks, will be a couple of months before am on the ice again. 

Question to those that wear the Vapor pads, what are you using for knee pads ? Just wondering with small knee lock area, as I don't want to cut anything away until I have used the pads a couple of times. I currently have the CCM Pros so am just wondering.

I'm using G3 Seniors under hockey socks. No issues with rotation. I just picked up a set of 1x knee guards that I'm trying out this weekend. I also strap my knee elastic to the calf wing. If you run it behind your knee, your mileage may vary.

34 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

I'm using G3 Seniors under hockey socks. No issues with rotation. I just picked up a set of 1x knee guards that I'm trying out this weekend. I also strap my knee elastic to the calf wing. If you run it behind your knee, your mileage may vary.

Yeah am going to run to the calf wrap anyways, just wondering what options people are using for knee pads. I'm looking a possibly picking up a set of 1x or 2s knee pads but I do like my CCM ones alot.

On 7/20/2018 at 4:51 PM, Snowman30 said:

Yeah am going to run to the calf wrap anyways, just wondering what options people are using for knee pads. I'm looking a possibly picking up a set of 1x or 2s knee pads but I do like my CCM ones alot.

I went from using the old black/yellow supreme knee pads to the 1X ones and it was a day and night difference. The 1X ones fit inside the knee cradle way better and have been the most comfortable knee pads I have worn to date. As far as protection goes I haven't actually taken one of the knee since I started wearing them but being is they have the Curve composite on the knee I would have to believe I'll be protected. 

Let me know how going down to the calf wrap goes for you as I tried it for about 15 mins on ice and was getting some really weird rotation both going down and getting back up but as soon as I put it across the back of my knee all was fine. And that's coming from wearing CCM/Reebok with the knee elastic down to the calf for about the past 4 years prior.

On 4/8/2017 at 3:25 PM, Hills said:

From everything I've heard, the fit will be similar to the Vapor player skates compared to Supreme. So it would have less depth and less volume overall.

bauerskatefitchart-2015.jpg

Actually that is for player skates. Goalie skates will have a different fit from each other once the 2X comes out. 1S and 1X should fit the same it's just the tech on it that makes it feel slightly different.

At pickup today, guy sitting next to me looks at my 2S pads and says "wow those look thin." I'm like yeah, expecting something like "it's crazy these materials they use nowadays" but he follows it up with "I guess you really need those knee pads with how thin they are..." 

Screenshot_20180728-184856.jpg

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2018 at 5:39 PM, Jacob Musselman said:

Actually that is for player skates. Goalie skates will have a different fit from each other once the 2X comes out. 1S and 1X should fit the same it's just the tech on it that makes it feel slightly different.

1S fits like Player 1X

1X fits like Player 1S 

11 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

1S fits like Player 1X

1X fits like Player 1S 

I wear Supreme EE wide player skates (for coaching my sons team) and 1X EE goalie skates. Love the fit and feel of them. However, the steel on them needs upgrading. 

18 hours ago, sebastiancp1 said:

Yea they're Glenn Green's, DoubleG from GSBB.  He has been sending me pictures of them dating back a while as he was having them made.  Sick set for sure!

• 4 weeks later...

My Vapor skates saga continues. I've got the X700 and I've been trying to adapt for the past year. Today I laced them on just for a Midget goalie evaluation I was helping with for a fellow goalie coach and christ it felt like I had just learned how to skate last year. ?

Is there that much difference between the 700 and the 900 and the 1X?

Has anyone gone back to cowling skates?

Is there much comparison between the new CCMs and the Vapor line? What about the Graf 1050s?

I'm really getting tired of this shit! I have so much better control in my One80s, they were just a half size too small unfortunately. 

12 hours ago, RichMan said:

My Vapor skates saga continues. I've got the X700 and I've been trying to adapt for the past year. Today I laced them on just for a Midget goalie evaluation I was helping with for a fellow goalie coach and christ it felt like I had just learned how to skate last year. ?

Is there that much difference between the 700 and the 900 and the 1X?

Has anyone gone back to cowling skates?

Is there much comparison between the new CCMs and the Vapor line? What about the Graf 1050s?

I'm really getting tired of this shit! I have so much better control in my One80s, they were just a half size too small unfortunately. 

I am back to cowlings. Will not go back to cowling-free unless I hate my feet and want them broken! Cowling free skates suck, just say no to cowling-free , and I think the skate companies DO NOT CARE ABOUT OUR WELFARE!!!! They want us with broken feet so they can sell custom skates!!!!

Edited by bunnyman666
adding to the conspiracy theory

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I am back to cowlings. Will not go back to cowling-free unless I hate my feet and want them broken! Cowling free skates suck, just say no to cowling-free , and I think the skate companies DO NOT CARE ABOUT OUR WELFARE!!!! They want us with broken feet so they can sell custom skates!!!!

Honestly dude, I skated with a bunch of Jr, NCAA, and NHL guys a couple weeks ago.  Took a bomb off the toe from Matt Nieto, didn't feel a thing.

2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Honestly dude, I skated with a bunch of Jr, NCAA, and NHL guys a couple weeks ago.  Took a bomb off the toe from Matt Nieto, didn't feel a thing.

See- I took a bomb off tge ball of my foot and it felt like I broke my foot!

They will get these right one day, I hope! Not really a fan of cowlings; they are just very impractical right now. 

Edited by bunnyman666

19 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

See- I took a bomb off tge ball of my foot and it felt like I broke my foot!

They will get these right one day, I hope! Not really a fan of cowlings; they are just very practical right now. 

You still making these saves? :)

I think they've optimized the toe for puck impacts, not the inside of the boot

Screenshot_20180901-134611.jpg

3 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I'm not concerned with my feet safety, they do their job there. It's the performance issue that concerns me. I'm not sure if it's the less weight or higher runners or the boot itself. I baked them twice and I still don't feel like their an extension to my feet/legs. I miss the old days skates. Those felt like slippers and moved with you any which way you wanted. I think I have Price-relapse-a-skateous. Might need to go back ?

59 minutes ago, RichMan said:

I'm not concerned with my feet safety, they do their job there. It's the performance issue that concerns me. I'm not sure if it's the less weight or higher runners or the boot itself. I baked them twice and I still don't feel like their an extension to my feet/legs. I miss the old days skates. Those felt like slippers and moved with you any which way you wanted. I think I have Price-relapse-a-skateous. Might need to go back ?

You may. Besides- a pair of Graf have cowlings!

Edited by bunnyman666

6 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Actually I love my s29 skates and have taken some hard shots to them and have maybe felt a thud but not much else 

I’ll just give you the benefit of the doubt and take it as your opinion ?