TheGoalNet

Bauer Gear

13 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

Thanks, will be a couple of months before am on the ice again. 

Question to those that wear the Vapor pads, what are you using for knee pads ? Just wondering with small knee lock area, as I don't want to cut anything away until I have used the pads a couple of times. I currently have the CCM Pros so am just wondering.

I'm using G3 Seniors under hockey socks. No issues with rotation. I just picked up a set of 1x knee guards that I'm trying out this weekend. I also strap my knee elastic to the calf wing. If you run it behind your knee, your mileage may vary.

34 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

I'm using G3 Seniors under hockey socks. No issues with rotation. I just picked up a set of 1x knee guards that I'm trying out this weekend. I also strap my knee elastic to the calf wing. If you run it behind your knee, your mileage may vary.

Yeah am going to run to the calf wrap anyways, just wondering what options people are using for knee pads. I'm looking a possibly picking up a set of 1x or 2s knee pads but I do like my CCM ones alot.

On 7/20/2018 at 4:51 PM, Snowman30 said:

Yeah am going to run to the calf wrap anyways, just wondering what options people are using for knee pads. I'm looking a possibly picking up a set of 1x or 2s knee pads but I do like my CCM ones alot.

I went from using the old black/yellow supreme knee pads to the 1X ones and it was a day and night difference. The 1X ones fit inside the knee cradle way better and have been the most comfortable knee pads I have worn to date. As far as protection goes I haven't actually taken one of the knee since I started wearing them but being is they have the Curve composite on the knee I would have to believe I'll be protected. 

Let me know how going down to the calf wrap goes for you as I tried it for about 15 mins on ice and was getting some really weird rotation both going down and getting back up but as soon as I put it across the back of my knee all was fine. And that's coming from wearing CCM/Reebok with the knee elastic down to the calf for about the past 4 years prior.

I'm using the Bauer supreme knee pads. (the ones that come with 1S pads)

On 4/8/2017 at 3:25 PM, Hills said:

From everything I've heard, the fit will be similar to the Vapor player skates compared to Supreme. So it would have less depth and less volume overall.

bauerskatefitchart-2015.jpg

Actually that is for player skates. Goalie skates will have a different fit from each other once the 2X comes out. 1S and 1X should fit the same it's just the tech on it that makes it feel slightly different.

At pickup today, guy sitting next to me looks at my 2S pads and says "wow those look thin." I'm like yeah, expecting something like "it's crazy these materials they use nowadays" but he follows it up with "I guess you really need those knee pads with how thin they are..." 

Screenshot_20180728-184856.jpg

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2018 at 5:39 PM, Jacob Musselman said:

Actually that is for player skates. Goalie skates will have a different fit from each other once the 2X comes out. 1S and 1X should fit the same it's just the tech on it that makes it feel slightly different.

1S fits like Player 1X

1X fits like Player 1S 

11 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

1S fits like Player 1X

1X fits like Player 1S 

I wear Supreme EE wide player skates (for coaching my sons team) and 1X EE goalie skates. Love the fit and feel of them. However, the steel on them needs upgrading. 

My nephew is heading into his freshman year at Ohio State... already checking the 📆 for dates to pop over and check out this setup over the winter...

BEC293F8-F0CA-4AB0-8B24-84298335967E.thumb.png.9aabbebf18ea85b88d4616061afb27cf.png

18 hours ago, sebastiancp1 said:

Yea they're Glenn Green's, DoubleG from GSBB.  He has been sending me pictures of them dating back a while as he was having them made.  Sick set for sure!