Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

That's correct. 

Bauer could make the retail employees, customers, etc lives easier if all Supreme branded skates followed a fit pattern, all vapor etc 

I don't think they ever changed the fit of the goal skate line since they started the Vertexx cowling.  If memory serves, my One80's fit the same as my Reactor 6000's.  I guess now with no cowling and resembling player skates more it could get confusing, but I felt the fit profile was the same between Supreme and Reactor skates.  Maybe they just need to not name player and goalie equipment lines the same damn thing.

22 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

I don't think they ever changed the fit of the goal skate line since they started the Vertexx cowling.  If memory serves, my One80's fit the same as my Reactor 6000's.  I guess now with no cowling and resembling player skates more it could get confusing, but I felt the fit profile was the same between Supreme and Reactor skates.  Maybe they just need to not name player and goalie equipment lines the same damn thing.

One80 was a Supreme. Later came the Supreme NXG which was a new fit. Reactor line was then launched as a second skate line and that took on the old Supreme fit. 1S is a completely new fit (i believe). Then the Vapor line takes the fit of the old Reactor. So a Supreme One80 should fit closest to a Vapor X900. 

That's why I find it confusing and it's a pet peeve of mine. If you only buy skates every 5+ years, it's hard to keep track of what you should be most used to. I am also sure the 16 yr old kids at total hockey that do 80% of their fittings for player skates will not have any idea there is a difference! 

So I seem to recall it being said that the 1S series doesn't come on "inch lengths" but, as stated by TGN as "L", "XL", etc. (correct me if I'm wrong).

But TGN, you called your seat a 36+1 - do they allow you to spec the "+size" with each size, or is that just an estimate on your part?

3 minutes ago, Ghostender said:

So I seem to recall it being said that the 1S series doesn't come on "inch lengths" but, as stated by TGN as "L", "XL", etc. (correct me if I'm wrong).

But TGN, you called your seat a 36+1 - do they allow you to spec the "+size" with each size, or is that just an estimate on your part?

You are correct. Bauer is doing M, L, etc but those sizes do correspond to traditional sizing. In my case an XL is basically a 36+1. 

2 minutes ago, slade037 said:

So, what would you do if you were coming from a P4 33+2 and didn't have a chance to try the fit?  S? M?  Did you just match up your knee measurement and hoped that the thigh rise will be long enough?

That's basically my exact issue! I will not be keeping this set long term. 

I currently have a GNetik 35+2 so 37" total and the Bauer is 36+1 so 37" total. I was thinking an 1" in the knee wouldn't kill me. Unfortunately, I cannot find a strapping set up that leaves me happy in this pad.

Also, from what I heard, Brian's 35+2 is really a 34+3... 

So in an ideal world, I would want a Medium + 1 and that would be 34+2. Given the stiffness of this pad, I recommend sizing down if you are between sizes or questioning the size.

From what I have seen on the Bauer customizer, this is NOT an option.  So if you are a P4 33+2, you could consider a S or M Bauer. You will either be going with a shorter pad or a taller knee cradle. 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

That's basically my exact issue! I will not be keeping this set long term. 

I currently have a GNetik 35+2 so 37" total and the Bauer is 36+1 so 37" total. I was thinking an 1" in the knee wouldn't kill me. Unfortunately, I cannot find a strapping set up that leaves me happy in this pad.

Also, from what I heard, Brian's 35+2 is really a 34+3... 

So in an ideal world, I would want a Medium + 1 and that would be 34+2. Given the stiffness of this pad, I recommend sizing down if you are between sizes or questioning the size.

From what I have seen on the Bauer customizer, this is NOT an option.  So if you are a P4 33+2, you could consider a S or M Bauer. You will either be going with a shorter pad or a taller knee cradle. 

You are having problems with the size of these pads? Have you worn CCM pads in the past or just Brian's? 

9 minutes ago, Hills said:

This isnt totally helpful but, I find these comparisons decent for showing Brians sizing. The Warriors are about a 34, so I would need a 35 Warrior to match the Koho which fit right. Which should mean I would need a 36 Brians to match. I ordered an XL Bauer pad and it is the correct size.

https://imgur.com/gallery/mJ5ST

Great Stuff. Kind of confirms what I was saying, my Brian's is more like a 34+3

Was sent to me by a follower on IG. Assuming these are from

GGSU

1S graphic on next gen Supreme pad. Please do not post these images on other social media and/or mention they came from here. What little repour we are building with Bauer will instantly dissolve! 

Based on the images, it looks like an S Curve is now possible. I'm assuming that a double break / pre curve is standard or an option 

the calf wing on the current 1S is recessed. It looks like it's now flush with the inner edge of the pad

Toe toe bridge is now offset only, no option for standard or offset 

IMG_7285.JPG

IMG_7284.JPG

IMG_7558.JPG

On 7/15/2017 at 9:51 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Yes BAHR. Won't be able to tell you on the fit until I skate in them next week 

How tall are you?

It's interesting to see Reimer in only a medium and Lundqvist in a XL or even XXL before NHL changed rules to make him go a bit shorter when Hank is shorter than Reimer. All personal preference I guess. 

6 hours ago, 1C5 said:

How tall are you?

It's interesting to see Reimer in only a medium and Lundqvist in a XL or even XXL before NHL changed rules to make him go a bit shorter when Hank is shorter than Reimer. All personal preference I guess. 

If I were buying these at retail, I'd probably request an L. Haven't found any as a good deal used.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like 1S holds its value. To sell it in a timely manner, you loose on it. People who try to maintain a reasonable sale price don't sell it. Pads are $1800 new. My red set was mint and I got it for $700 shipped. I sold it for $630 shipped like 60 days later? I was dumb enough to think I might make a couple bucks because I thought $700 was a steal!!!

I moved out of XL because I couldn't find a combo of strapping that I liked and kept my knees hitting the blocks. I literally have bruises from my knee missing the landing. 

however, seeing 6'1" Reimer in M and 6'4" Oettinger in XL made me think that it wasn't fair to write off 1S without trying a smaller size. 

As of today, my feeling is that the performance is outstanding. The durability is suspect and the strapping system / leg needs a revamp. 

I already know that a few of my concerns are addressed in the next gen pads. 

In a perfect world, I'd want 1X strapping on 1S like Dubby. Options is not yet available at retail 

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

If I were buying these at retail, I'd probably request an L. Haven't found any as a good deal used.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like 1S holds its value. To sell it in a timely manner, you loose on it. People who try to maintain a reasonable sale price don't sell it. Pads are $1800 new. My red set was mint and I got it for $700 shipped. I sold it for $630 shipped like 60 days later? I was dumb enough to think I might make a couple bucks because I thought $700 was a steal!!!

I moved out of XL because I couldn't find a combo of strapping that I liked and kept my knees hitting the blocks. I literally have bruises from my knee missing the landing. 

however, seeing 6'1" Reimer in M and 6'4" Oettinger in XL made me think that it wasn't fair to write off 1S without trying a smaller size. 

As of today, my feeling is that the performance is outstanding. The durability is suspect and the strapping system / leg needs a revamp. 

I already know that a few of my concerns are addressed in the next gen pads. 

In a perfect world, I'd want 1X strapping on 1S like Dubby. Options is not yet available at retail 

Have you tried the 1X yet?

I can tell you that I've demo'd both the 1s and 1x and yes, the strapping was improved on the 1x, however I find little difference other than that between the 2 pads.  Now, in fairness I have not had a chance to use either pad fully broken in, but my initial impression is that Bauer made 2 nearly identical pads and put 2 different names on them.  The 1x might be slightly softer in the boot, but that's about it.  I don't really understand it and am pretty disappointed that Bauer no longer has a traditional style pad offering.  In my opinion, the 1x in no way competes with the Eflex III, which is now one of the most popular pads out there.  I have been a loyal Bauer guy for a long time and have truly preferred their goalie products over all others I've tried, but once my Reactor 9000's are done, I will likely be in my first Vaughn or CCM set.