Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

53 minutes ago, TitanG said:

I looked up the Poron XRD website and it's now simply XRD so it could be rebranding from them. It still sort of seems like a different foam since the yellow Poron XRD in the player helmets looks injection molded and has a smooth surface (I think it was because it is open cell foam and would absorb more sweat otherwise) whereas the XRD in the mask looks like a traditional foam. It could all just be appearance and truly be the same, though.

The difference in the appearance is probably from how the foam is made or processed. If you play around on the site enough, you'll find the area where it mentions that they can do custom molding or shapes for a specific application. 

There also are slightly different densities to the XRD depending on the the application. I would imagine all the hockey stuff is you using the toughest version. XRD makes a terrible knee stack landing though! I think conceptually it makes sense? But it's just too stiff. 

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

Me thinks there was a departure from the Poron name. They aren't paying to license that name, it sounds. 

Regular Poron till exists and it's a different foam. I think they are changing the names for marketing clarity. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2017 at 2:16 AM, mik said:

Foud that on ebay - older model, Valiquette RX9 - interesting size, looks bigger than 36+2:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bauer-GP-RX9-SR-36-2-Pro-Return-Goalie-Pads-S-Valiquette/332355958745?hash=item4d61f577d9%3Ag%3A5PEAAOSwCotZnxqf

Those were made back in the day when 38" was the total height aloud. But yeah they fit alot bigger then what they say there were. I would say they were closers to a 40" or 42". There was little things companies would do for the pros to keep there pads at the limit but once worn they were taller. I have pair of Garth Snow dx2 pads. They were listed as 35+3 but fit closers to 40" pad as they had no skate channel in the boot. The pad just sat on top of my skates.

16 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

Those were made back in the day when 38" was the total height aloud. But yeah they fit alot bigger then what they say there were. I would say they were closers to a 40" or 42". There was little things companies would do for the pros to keep there pads at the limit but once worn they were taller. I have pair of Garth Snow dx2 pads. They were listed as 35+3 but fit closers to 40" pad as they had no skate channel in the boot. The pad just sat on top of my skates.

Vally is also a monster at 6'6, so I have no doubt he actually used all that pad height.

On 9/2/2017 at 5:27 PM, TheGoalNet said:
1X blocker with no binding. 1X glove with 600 / 5500 break. 

This blocker, 1S glove, and 1S pads + 1X strapping would be an amazing set up

How different is the stock 1S glove from the 600 clone? To me they always seemed quite similar.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2017 at 6:47 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

@TheGoalNet Screw-in toe bridges on 2S Pros?

Those are Freddy's pads. Custom option for him. 

Custom options are rumored to be coming to retail in addition to the custom graphics. It's my understanding neither option was launched or announced at Bauer World. Might be a while longer... 

Here's some more details... 

2S supposed to be 3X more durable than 1S 

IMG_0391.PNG.492d7b5d5248e202034969c4860ebb0c.PNG

Pads will feature a new Powerlite core foam 

IMG_0387.PNG.3825663366d46952a0eea8c0cf4c0ca3.PNG

2S skates looks similar to 1S but with more gold trim and the black runner. Black runner is new high end steel. They will also feature a recoil tounge that is supposed to aid some spring in your push

IMG_0392.PNG.62944eb9da1810a64aeaa9f61b0f369a.PNG

Lastly, there's a a new demo program called #tryit - I don't have specifics