Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

On 10/12/2017 at 2:10 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Bauer World going on now...

2S Glove, C&A, and Stick:

IMG_0252.PNG

I really don't like how the face material for the new Bauer gloves looks/feels like it's peeling off.

The 1S wasn't so bad, but the first time I saw a 1X in person I had to ask the Bauer rep if they were showcasing some defective gloves. Looks like the 2S is following the same suit.

Even if it has no real impact on performance or durability, it looks bloody cheap.

Some kind of demo program would be great for this stuff.  I'm pretty confident I'll be getting some new set to replace my mid-cycle 1S's.  I've been in touch with Vaughn and looks like I'll get a demo set of SLR's to try out soon.   Goalie Monkey has started a demo program, but it's only in the US right now, otherwise I'd be all over it.

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Bauer just told me that padded base layer suit is not being produced for sale. The person who sent it to me got it at Pure Hockey in Chicago... haha 

I saw photos of that model a few months ago as well. Hell, IW has had the shirt for sale for months. http://www.icewarehouse.com/Bauer_Elite_Padded_L_S_Goalie_Performance_Shirts_Sr/descpage-BPLSGPS.html 

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I really don't like how the face material for the new Bauer gloves looks/feels like it's peeling off.

The 1S wasn't so bad, but the first time I saw a 1X in person I had to ask the Bauer rep if they were showcasing some defective gloves. Looks like the 2S is following the same suit.

Even if it has no real impact on performance or durability, it looks bloody cheap.

I always disliked the look of the pad's outer material. Almost looked like cake fondant, or reminded me of these:

landing_img_06.jpg

If you saw the post above, Bauer is advertising that 2S is 3X more durable than 1S. Fairly confident they achieved that via thicker CORskin. 

Im guessing 1X also has a thicker skin than 1S. 

1S does NOT have fit and finish issues on the glove. 

Speculation: thicker CORskin does not conform that well to the glove curves and yields the wrinkles 

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You may be on to something.

Doesn't detract from my qualms with it's aesthetics. :P

I have a feeling that I'm in a tiny minority within this crowd... 

but i prefer the printing to cut & see. I love how modern the pad looks without seams. Once the color is perfected, I hope it expands to other companies 

the cut and sew will always have that artisan look though 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

Some kind of demo program would be great for this stuff.  I'm pretty confident I'll be getting some new set to replace my mid-cycle 1S's.  I've been in touch with Vaughn and looks like I'll get a demo set of SLR's to try out soon.   Goalie Monkey has started a demo program, but it's only in the US right now, otherwise I'd be all over it.

How did you manage to get a pair of SLR? Vaughn told me I would be able to get a demo... Then nothing and they stopped replying.

9 hours ago, Hills said:

How did you manage to get a pair of SLR? Vaughn told me I would be able to get a demo... Then nothing and they stopped replying.

At the time I wrote that, the last message I got was "should have them back on sunday" and haven't heard anything over the weekend, so I may be in the same situation. We shall see

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Mroy31 is this through Vaughn or a store?

I sent a general inquiry email through the Vaughn website, and an Ontario sales rep messaged me back asking what pad I was looking to demo. Seemed pretty legit but sounding a bit similar to @Hills description, radio silence all weekend when they were supposed to come back to the rep.

We'll see if anything happens this week

5 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Had to lol at this sentence. What about next year, will the 2X be 4X more flexible than 1X multiplied by 2S divided by 1S?? 

Math jokes. 

haha, quantifying this stuff does open it up to a laugh or two! 

My takeaway is that Bauer knows it's an issue and is working on it. 

10 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

I sent a general inquiry email through the Vaughn website, and an Ontario sales rep messaged me back asking what pad I was looking to demo. Seemed pretty legit but sounding a bit similar to @Hills description, radio silence all weekend when they were supposed to come back to the rep.

We'll see if anything happens this week

I had that happen to me, then a "next week we'll get it and I'll contact you" then nothing and then I contacted them and never got a reply. I decided that my business was better spent elsewhere.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hills said:

I had that happen to me, then a "next week we'll get it and I'll contact you" then nothing and then I contacted them and never got a reply. I decided that my business was better spent elsewhere.

That sucks.  I've never had a problem with getting in contact with anyone from Vaughn USA or having them get back to me.  Granted, I've never asked to demo anything so, probably moot.  I didn't even know you could do that to be honest.

Hello. I am 5 feet tall, and 100 pounds. I am a very quick, agile, and flexible goalie. I am having difficulties choosing a stick. I was looking at the 1S' but I'm not sure. I like sticks that are lightweight, and sticks that I can play the puck with. Any recommendations?

1S is by far the best stick in terms of lightness and feel that I have ever used. Downside is the price. If you're ok with that then there is no better stick on the market right now for all out performance. It won't be as durable as some of the heavier sticks though. 

11 minutes ago, 1C5 said:

1S is by far the best stick in terms of lightness and feel that I have ever used. Downside is the price. If you're ok with that then there is no better stick on the market right now for all out performance. It won't be as durable as some of the heavier sticks though. 

Amen to that. And as to durability - Bauer comps have a pretty good track record compared to the other companies.