Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

33 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

Gents!  I'm looking at finally updating my skates... Looking at the 1X vs X900, anyone dig into the differences between the 2?   Is the extra $300 cdn schmeckles worth it or would one be better using that cash towards some tydan blades.  

Sorry if this has already been discussed...

And the top answer is me... so I'll just tell you here so you don't have to go to that link.

I wouldn't really worry about the steel as you can replace it with Step Steel and it'll be better than the LS3.

The biggest difference between the 1X and X900 is that the 1X is a curv composite boot and will be stiffer. Should last longer as well in theory.

Smaller differences is the quality or liner and the flex areas at the top of the skate, on the 1X they are legitimately flexible rubber like material that feels like it is attached to the top of the quarter package, where as it is basically just cosmetic in the X900.

Honestly not feeling either of the S190 or X900 (albeit i need to give these some more time to break in). Previously in one100, and iirc the reactor line should fit similarly to that as well right? Might try and hunt down some older bauers while everyone is getting rid theirs for newer skates. 

I love the pushes, and the lateral movement I get from the butterfly, but I just feel off balance? and the boots still have painful hotspots. 

3 minutes ago, Kayen said:

Honestly not feeling either of the S190 or X900 (albeit i need to give these some more time to break in). Previously in one100, and iirc the reactor line should fit similarly to that as well right? Might try and hunt down some older bauers while everyone is getting rid theirs for newer skates. 

I love the pushes, and the lateral movement I get from the butterfly, but I just feel off balance? and the boots still have painful hotspots. 

Reactor doesn't fit like either of them. Comparing to player skates, Reactor fits like a Nexus (mostly). I couldn't wear supreme or vapor (totally different shapes). Ended up going VH because I couldn't find anything retail. 

10 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Reactor doesn't fit like either of them. Comparing to player skates, Reactor fits like a Nexus (mostly). I couldn't wear supreme or vapor (totally different shapes). Ended up going VH because I couldn't find anything retail. 

Fair, maybe i'll try and hunt down some old one100's to alternate while i break in x900s, while pinching my pennies for TRUE's (2 piece w/vertexx holder & tydan blades is what i'd order). 

@IPv6Freely - I’m not close enough to to this one to know exactly what changed and by how much, but Vapor is supposed to be the goalie fit replacement for Reactor. Obviously things changed with the boot and I don’t doubt that they won’t fit exactly the same group of people, but I wanted to chime in. 

Unfortunately, there’s tons of people out there wearing Supreme because it was first and because of marketing

Supreme Goalie = Vapor Player 

Vapor Goalie = Supreme Player 

Nexus = N/A 

@Kayen - if you have the funds, I would suggest the VH route. I think IP’s success could be a similar story for you 

Screw it, I'm bragging lol.

Just popped my Bauer cherry. Picked up these Callum Booth returns on eBay today. Brand new for ~1050$ USD (originally 1300-something CAD)!

s-l500.jpg

Disclaimer: eBay picture, not my own.

Edited by Moose75
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@IPv6Freely - I’m not close enough to to this one to know exactly what changed and by how much, but Vapor is supposed to be the goalie fit replacement for Reactor. Obviously things changed with the boot and I don’t doubt that they won’t fit exactly the same group of people, but I wanted to chime in. 

Unfortunately, there’s tons of people out there wearing Supreme because it was first and because of marketing

Nexus = N/A 

@Kayen - if you have the funds, I would suggest the VH route. I think IP’s success could be a similar story for you 

I agreed with your first paragraph but the equations threw me off because the reactor very much fit like player nexus. If the vapor goal skate fits like the old reactor then so be it but the old reactor fit like the player nexus, not like the player supreme.

9 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Nexus = N/A 

Honestly, the Bauer goal skates are like this.

Supreme Goalie - Narrower and shallower Supreme player.

Vapor Goalie - Slightly wider and slightly deeper (I'm talking milimetres) Supreme Goalie

7 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I agreed with your first paragraph but the equations threw me off because the reactor very much fit like player nexus. If the vapor goal skate fits like the old reactor then so be it but the old reactor fit like the player nexus, not like the player supreme.

Reactor didn't fit like the Nexus at all, which is by far deeper and wider than any Bauer goalie skate. Closest thing to Bauer Nexus in goalie is Tacks.

9 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Screw it, I'm bragging lol.

Just popped my Bauer cherry. Picked up these Callum Booth returns on eBay today. Brand new for ~1050$ USD (originally 1300-something CAD)!

s-l500.jpg

Disclaimer: eBay picture, not my own.

Love the disclaimer... the pickup isn't bad either.

2 hours ago, Hills said:

Honestly, the Bauer goal skates are like this.

Supreme Goalie - Narrower and shallower Supreme player.

Vapor Goalie - Slightly wider and slightly deeper (I'm talking milimetres) Supreme Goalie

Reactor didn't fit like the Nexus at all, which is by far deeper and wider than any Bauer goalie skate. Closest thing to Bauer Nexus in goalie is Tacks.

I don’t agree. I wore both Reactors and Nexus at one point and found them very similar. 

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@moose - we need 1X reviews!

Will do!

3 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Love the disclaimer... the pickup isn't bad either.

I didn't want you guys to think I was one of "those people" who puts pads facing the wrong way, haha. And I'm inclined to agree.

On 1/10/2018 at 4:43 PM, Doobiesnax said:

Gents!  I'm looking at finally updating my skates... Looking at the 1X vs X900, anyone dig into the differences between the 2?   Is the extra $300 cdn schmeckles worth it or would one be better using that cash towards some tydan blades.  

Sorry if this has already been discussed...

Not much differences really. The steel (model number anyway), and may be the tongue/padding (if at all). I DID get the 1X, but only because I got a decent discount (being brand new) knowing someone... but then I could probably get the same % off for X900 too, oh well.

If paying full retail I'd definitely go with X900.

Edited by oncogene

9 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Is Vasy using a true Vapor glove or is this skinned like his blocker?

636445229257830115-USP-NHL--Pittsburgh-Penguins-at-Tampa-Bay-Lightnin.jpg

The segmenting on the back of the glove and the cuff all point to 2S.  The pocket too, although I can't say I know what the Vapor double-t pocket looks like.

• Like 1