Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

On 05/02/2018 at 8:00 AM, Moose75 said:

Here's some pictures to make my crappy descriptions easier to understand.

This is pre-butterfly or pad on the ice. Sit nicely on my leg and square, no issues there.

5a787f2f43c9c_IMG_2397(1).thumb.jpg.2e3c677913587b4934a8e596ae512db8.jpg5a787f2d4b249_IMG_2396(1).thumb.jpg.879167c299edcbddc00a7df3de40268b.jpg

When I drop my leg it also sits nicely on my leg. Good rotation. I tried at-the-knee for velcro this time.

5a787f5ecedce_IMG_2398(1).thumb.jpg.d371463c390dc3d097b80311a4afcdf8.jpg

And when I move my leg back up, like I would in recovery, it sits crooked on my knee and leg now until I brush it back with my blocker hand.

5a787fa48fd5b_IMG_2401(1).thumb.jpg.64fc622786c4af9fcfb1b9eb6421e1f8.jpg5a787fa32e743_IMG_2400(1).thumb.jpg.78731bf903a333945227b5c3e0c47122.jpg

i tried those and hated them. Had that same exact problem. Tried everything strapping wise. Couldn't do it. 1S fared much better for me.

11 hours ago, ruckus007 said:

i tried those and hated them. Had that same exact problem. Tried everything strapping wise. Couldn't do it. 1S fared much better for me.

After wearing it in my game the other night, it's fine now. Straps just needed a little breaking in.

It took a period to get used to them on ice (my lesson was on synthetic), but once I dial these in a bit more and get better meshing knee guards, I think I found my love.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

Lot of rumors circulating that custom printing from Bauer is coming in the fall/later in the year at the retail level

Imagine what they could do with input from some graphic designers? Or just if someone wanted some weird color, like vantablack pads lol? I'm just worried DaveArt-itis will spread to the pads...or that custom printed pads will be so expensive that only the five richest kings of Europe will own them.

It would be cool if you could skin 2S as 1X, or vice versa though.

@Moose75 - DaveArt-Itis will reach pads. It’s inevitable. If Bauer sends him a temple he can use in Illustrator or whatever, he’ll design a mask and matching set. That was sorta the goal with Hank this year 

@cwarnar - I can’t confirm a date, but it will be at retail by the launch of 2X... could be as early as 2S, but I doubt it 

14 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Moose75 - DaveArt-Itis will reach pads. It’s inevitable. If Bauer sends him a temple he can use in Illustrator or whatever, he’ll design a mask and matching set. That was sorta the goal with Hank this year 

I'm picturing an Avalanche goalie with a Yeti head paint job, then the pads and gloves the legs and paws lol

I was wondering if anyone has used the 1s goal pants and how they like them.  I am contemplating getting a pair on closeout at work but not sure.  Also if anyone has worn both the ccm and premier did you get the same size.  I find the length of the Bauer 1s a little shorted i laid them side by side and they Large CCM was pretty much the same length as the Bauers which were an XL.

@thebigm - I have seen the Bauer up close and they are crazy light. Beyond impressed with that 

However, I think they might have durability issues. I think it might be a great pickup at the right price. Depending on how often you skate and how long you want to keep them, might be the determining factor 

On 05/02/2018 at 11:00 AM, Moose75 said:

Here's some pictures to make my crappy descriptions easier to understand.

This is pre-butterfly or pad on the ice. Sit nicely on my leg and square, no issues there.

5a787f2f43c9c_IMG_2397(1).thumb.jpg.2e3c677913587b4934a8e596ae512db8.jpg5a787f2d4b249_IMG_2396(1).thumb.jpg.879167c299edcbddc00a7df3de40268b.jpg

When I drop my leg it also sits nicely on my leg. Good rotation. I tried at-the-knee for velcro this time.

5a787f5ecedce_IMG_2398(1).thumb.jpg.d371463c390dc3d097b80311a4afcdf8.jpg

And when I move my leg back up, like I would in recovery, it sits crooked on my knee and leg now until I brush it back with my blocker hand.

5a787fa48fd5b_IMG_2401(1).thumb.jpg.64fc622786c4af9fcfb1b9eb6421e1f8.jpg5a787fa32e743_IMG_2400(1).thumb.jpg.78731bf903a333945227b5c3e0c47122.jpg

A little late... but I had this problem, put the boot strap on and it worked perfectly. Doesn't even have to be tight it just needs to be there.

I love the stretchy toe ties, you don't have to put slack in them and my ankles have thanked me from moving to those.

40 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@thebigm - I have seen the Bauer up close and they are crazy light. Beyond impressed with that 

However, I think they might have durability issues. I think it might be a great pickup at the right price. Depending on how often you skate and how long you want to keep them, might be the determining factor 

@thebigm I second the durability concern, I had to stitch mine back together after a little more than a year (external belt and front of Pant connection) and I don't even face a semi-pro workload.  Could have been a defect though. 

I will say that they tend to sit lower than I would expect a goal pant to sit, so the length may not be a concern. 

17 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

@thebigm I second the durability concern, I had to stitch mine back together after a little more than a year (external belt and front of Pant connection) and I don't even face a semi-pro workload.  Could have been a defect though. 

I will say that they tend to sit lower than I would expect a goal pant to sit, so the length may not be a concern. 

How do you find the protection?  durability isn't a big deal as I am getting them cheap as Bauer is having a clear out and I have access to countless other products I was just curious on peoples opinions!

How do you find the protection of the 1S pant?

7 hours ago, thebigm said:

How do you find the protection?  durability isn't a big deal as I am getting them cheap as Bauer is having a clear out and I have access to countless other products I was just curious on peoples opinions!

Haven’t worn them. Just remember seeing them in a shop 

9 hours ago, thebigm said:

The protection itself was great, felt light, didn't feel like I was wearing a barrel. I actually took out the additional inside thigh padding and never had any problems with feeling shots. If mine hadn't come apart on me I'd probably still be using them. 

28 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

The protection itself was great, felt light, didn't feel like I was wearing a barrel. I actually took out the additional inside thigh padding and never had any problems with feeling shots. If mine hadn't come apart on me I'd probably still be using them. 

How long did it take for the durability issues to come into play?

9 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

How long did it take for the durability issues to come into play?

About a year and a half of twice a week beer league hockey. Not bad if you got them on clearance to try them out, but not great if you buy them new and expect to use the for a while. 

21 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Ouch, that is not good mileage for top of the line pants, let a lone senior level.

Let a lone a $350 price tag! (Canadian $).  I'm lucky I get employee pricing!  Makes goaltending a little more affordable and the ability to try more things out to!

25 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Ouch, that is not good mileage for top of the line pants, let a lone senior level.

I do like how they've reinforced the material along the hem so they don't really fray against any velcro in your knee block. I've added Jenpro to the inside hem of my SLR pants because it started fraying almost immediately.

If the waist seam was just an unfortunate defect, I'd say they are still solid pants overall, just not a great experience for me.