Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

15 hours ago, cwarnar said:

No. I couldn't make the sizing work.  If they were going to be a long term set I would have snapped them up.  

@TGC-Rance mentioned about moving the knee block if it was a keeper set 

Would have been nice if you got them and donated them to me.

I'll pay for shipping.

• Haha 1

On 2/21/2018 at 6:09 PM, cwarnar said:

No. I couldn't make the sizing work.  If they were going to be a long term set I would have snapped them up.  

@TGC-Rance mentioned about moving the knee block if it was a keeper set 

How tall are you and what's your ATK. I was under the impression that a medium would fit me. I'm 5'9" with a 17 ATK. I''ve looked at the small's in store and they just seem like they'd be far too small. Currently wearing a 33" +2" Simmons 997 that seemed almost identical to the Medium 1S/X but now i'm not sure.

12 minutes ago, Pauly35or00 said:

How tall are you and what's your ATK. I was under the impression that a medium would fit me. I'm 5'9" with a 17 ATK. I''ve looked at the small's in store and they just seem like they'd be far too small. Currently wearing a 33" +2" Simmons 997 that seemed almost identical to the Medium 1S/X but now i'm not sure.

5'9" with a 16.5" ATK... I'm a 33 in most pads.  I think the 1S sit high and play very straight.  Similar to how a Premier pad and an EFlex pad will sit different on the leg.

The seller had a 17.5" and landed dead center

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

5'9" with a 16.5" ATK... I'm a 33 in most pads.  I think the 1S sit high and play very straight.  Similar to how a Premier pad and an EFlex pad will sit different on the leg.

The seller had a 17.5" and landed dead center

Thanks. I guess the only way to be sure is to try with my skates on.

22 hours ago, GoalieGuy101 said:

If I buy the NME 10 from goalie monkey, am I getting the same quality mask that the guys in the NHL are using? 

You are going to get a high quality mask but you won't be getting what the pros use!
Pros get access to special masks that aren't offered to the public!  (not sure about Bauer) but CCM has special masks for the NHL guys.

On 2/20/2018 at 11:28 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Saw a 2S Pro stick today, holy shit 

the paddle is like the width of a skate blade and it’s noticeable lighter than 1S 

The stick is suppose to be twice as strong as the 1S because they doubled the amount of composite material used on it to make it so thin.

1 hour ago, Netnewbie said:

I found some new BAUER Supreme S150 Senior Goalie Pads and was wondering what the reviews were on it.  I play about once a week rural rec hockey.  They worth picking up?

Not too many reviews on it. You won't see many members on this site using the cheapest of the cheap pads. Supreme line goes as follows for build quality / price.

S150, S170, S190, 1S.

I live in an area that has great stock on all pads/ pad types and I've never seen a S150 in person. I've seen the S170, and aside from the absolute entry level or guy just picking up a set for fun with buds, I would avoid them.

Saying that, the S150 would be an even worse version of the S170.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2018 at 1:59 PM, GoalieGuy101 said:

If I buy the NME 10 from goalie monkey, am I getting the same quality mask that the guys in the NHL are using? 

I'd avoid that mask.  Just had one recently and they just are no where near as solid as a 961/960.  Chins crack and chip very easily and shell overall just felt too light and flimsy to me for a high end mask.  You can usually find some nice used 961/960 available for the same price as an nme10, if they fit you, definitely the better option if you want that style of mask.

On 2/25/2018 at 12:59 PM, GoalieGuy101 said:

There are lots of better solutions on the market, including ones that will be custom padded, for lower or equal prices.

If you need pads - why not grab the S150s? They'll be light as heck. Play with them, write a review here. Post pictures after you use them a little. It will be appreciated.

I need a second pair for roller. I don't need the burliest pads. Was actually looking at these or the S170 or X700

1 hour ago, Netnewbie said:

I found some new BAUER Supreme S150 Senior Goalie Pads and was wondering what the reviews were on it.  I play about once a week rural rec hockey.  They worth picking up?

Look for a used set of higher level pads.  I'm sure the S150's hold up fine playing once a week rec, but you wont be happy with them.  I've had my share of bottom shelf pads and they just don't perform like the higher end stuff.  If your just playing ball hockey or something and are on a tight budget, then maybe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, MTH said:

If you need pads - why not grab the S150s? They'll be light as heck. Play with them, write a review here. Post pictures after you use them a little. It will be appreciated.

I need a second pair for roller. I don't need the burliest pads. Was actually looking at these or the S170 or X700

The only problem is I'm on a limited budget.  Plus I wouldn't know where to start as I just started in new t this year and don't even know what style I like best let alone what I like in my gear yet.  Had hard enough time convincing the wife I need to buy my own hear instead of just borrowing all the time.

10 minutes ago, Netnewbie said:

The only problem is I'm on a limited budget.  Plus I wouldn't know where to start as I just started in new t this year and don't even know what style I like best let alone what I like in my gear yet.  Had hard enough time convincing the wife I need to buy my own hear instead of just borrowing all the time.

I would still take a look at something like Kijiji/SidelineSwap to see what you can get used that is still in your budget, as you might be able to upgrade a bit in quality while paying the same price. 

If that's not feasible/too much with shipping/travel, I would say take a shot on the s150's.  But I don't think I could argue that those would be any better or worse than any other bottom-line pad.  They are all basically made for once a week casual hockey.

If they fall apart quickly, you can show your wife why you needed to spend a bit more in the first place :)

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

I would still take a look at something like Kijiji/SidelineSwap to see what you can get used that is still in your budget, as you might be able to upgrade a bit in quality while paying the same price. 

If that's not feasible/too much with shipping/travel, I would say take a shot on the s150's.  But I don't think I could argue that those would be any better or worse than any other bottom-line pad.  They are all basically made for once a week casual hockey.

If they fall apart quickly, you can show your wife why you needed to spend a bit more in the first place :)

Boom!  Thanks!!

5 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Onty, Coveted Mask, and Masked Marvel to name a few.

Sportmask and Defender by Chad Warwick are also options.

The mask can only do so much... sports history is full of athletes that are “concussion prone.”  If that what seems to be his issue, think of the larger picture 

I've heard good things about those companies. I'm currently in a pro's choice that fits me amazingly and has solid protection, but I find it gets way too hot. Not sure why though. I'm looking for a mask that has comparable protection but that breathes really well. I'd like to be able to try one on first before committing to a mask, hence why I was thinking of a retail mask. Any other retail masks that fit my criteria? I played ncaa div 3 hockey this past year and might keep playing low level pro next year so I need something for that caliber

Edited by GoalieGuy101

40 minutes ago, GoalieGuy101 said:

I've heard good things about those companies. I'm currently in a pro's choice that fits me amazingly and has solid protection, but I find it gets way too hot. Not sure why though. I'm looking for a mask that has comparable protection but that breathes really well. I'd like to be able to try one on first before committing to a mask, hence why I was thinking of a retail mask. Any other retail masks that fit my criteria? I played ncaa div 3 hockey this past year and might keep playing low level pro next year so I need something for that caliber

Sportmask for sure... Coveted is also expanding to retail.

• Like 1

Today, after my game as I was removing my skates (Bauer 700X), I noticed that my toes were wet. I found it odd as I had yet to put my foot down on the ground nor had come in contact with water. No snow got into my skate. I put my hand in all the way to the toe box and voila, actual droplets of water, and I noticed that there isn't any lining whatsoever, simply a plastic toe shell.

Is this normal? Is it only for the 700X? Anyone else notice this with their skates?

Now I understand why my big toes begin to freeze after 40 minutes of game time :/

9 hours ago, RichMan said:

Is this normal? Is it only for the 700X? Anyone else notice this with their skates? 

It's more or less condensation (or sweat I think) . There is no airflow or ventilation in the skates. I have the same thing happen to me in my x900 skates, but not to the point of droplets.

19 hours ago, RichMan said:

Today, after my game as I was removing my skates (Bauer 700X), I noticed that my toes were wet. I found it odd as I had yet to put my foot down on the ground nor had come in contact with water. No snow got into my skate. I put my hand in all the way to the toe box and voila, actual droplets of water, and I noticed that there isn't any lining whatsoever, simply a plastic toe shell.

Now I understand why my big toes begin to freeze after 40 minutes of game time :/

All skates have just the plastic toe cap...maybe you just sweat a ton like me?