Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

1 hour ago, goalieThreeOne said:

Pictures I've seen haven't been very helpful, but from what I gather there's basically a spine the same rough size and shape as a player stick through the length of the shaft and paddle. Paddle material is removed on the back so that you can actually see this spine. The front has the same ergo twist that the 1s has.

Does that sum it up pretty well?

@TheGoalNet interesting. My main complaint about the 1S is I found it very difficult to release my blocker hand to switch from short stick mode to long stick mode. When I started using the CR1 with the slide grip it was so much better. I’m wondering if the 2S Pro will have the same issue. The ultra light weight is very tempting. 

18 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

Don't like the spine on the back one bit. How many times are shots from behind the net or passes across the front your trying to block, going to take a weird bounce of that and go where you don't want it to go.

I think just like the 1S paddle, after a little bit of use it'll be an easy adjustment

4 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

Don't like the spine on the back one bit. How many times are shots from behind the net or passes across the front your trying to block, going to take a weird bounce of that and go where you don't want it to go.

I’ve held one. Feels lighter and more balanced than the 1S 

Just put my order in for these today with Rance at TGC.

Custom specs: 1X knee block, 1X boot break, adjustable (aka removable) knee flap, double T glove with skate lace pocket.  

Now we play, the waiting game...

MRoy 2SPro Colours.PNG

Oh, and saw some black Brians Optiks with this red graphic on them while I was in the store... Don't worry @TheGoalNet I didn't put them on

Edited by Mroy31
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mroy31 said:

Custom specs: 1X knee block, 1X boot break, adjustable (aka removable) knee flap, double T glove with skate lace pocket.  

MRoy 2SPro Colours.PNG

Oh, and saw some black Brians Optiks with this red graphic on them while I was in the store... Don't worry @TheGoalNet I didn't put them on

I had no idea Freddie Anderson was on these forums ;) 

Kidding of course. But man this is a sweet set of gear. Awesome! Make sure to show these off once they arrive! Hoping the wait is kind to you. Nice work!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

MRoy 2SPro Colours.PNG

Very nice... What's your wait time?

2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Very nice... What's your wait time?

Not sure yet. Rance will get back to me after talking with the rep. Last year my 1S set took about 8 weeks on the dot, so we'll see how their new factory is at churning out sets. 

8 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

MRoy 2SPro Colours.PNG

WERE THEY LIGHT?!?

22 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

Not sure yet. Rance will get back to me after talking with the rep. Last year my 1S set took about 8 weeks on the dot, so we'll see how their new factory is at churning out sets. 

8 Weeks? Wow I wish that was even close to what my 1X took...:facepalm:

Skated with the Bauer Vapor 1X knee pads tonight, with the matching garter strap, and I can confidently say that they are the best knee pads that I have played with thus far. Proper balance of protection, comfort, and mobility. My only complaint is the garter system makes getting dressed more of a hassle, but beggars can't be choosers.

I’m wanting to buy a Bauer 960xpm in Canada and then order a traditional cat eye cage for it because Canada won’t sell the mask with the cat eye cage already installed. Where is the best place online to order a Bauer made cat eye cage specifically for this mask?