Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

37 minutes ago, 1C5 said:

I just saw a pic of Spencer Martin using a 2S on his Instagram. 

Tons of NCAA guys are. Sticks were not made available to the pros until January-ish. Many guys are still using NXG or R6000 sticks and the 2S is much lighter and stiffer. It will be a big change. 

Im actually curious if this is why Warrior / @Kirk3190 is catching on so quickly. Maybe it’s less dramatic a design and more in line with what a pro would ask for?

13 hours ago, GoalieGuy101 said:

I’m wanting to buy a Bauer 960xpm in Canada and then order a traditional cat eye cage for it because Canada won’t sell the mask with the cat eye cage already installed. Where is the best place online to order a Bauer made cat eye cage specifically for this mask? 

https://www.thegoaliecrease.com/index.php/products/product/4171-staineless-steel-non-certified-cage-fits-bauer-profile-series

I use this exact one. Not sure who makes the actual cage, but the steel is much thicker and more than what comes with the Bauer. I'm assuming this makes it more durable. The welding is perfect as well. It's noticeably heavier, however. 

7 minutes ago, Dharmaboy said:

Hey guys, Presently wear Bauer One80 goal skates with Step steel in them. I got them around 2011. I just picked up some x700 cowlingless skates. I was wondering if I can put my step steel from the One80 into this X700?

I don't have first hand experience with the x700 skates but I am going to assume no since there are different connections for the blades to the holder/cowling.  The cowlings/blades use a simple nut and bolt while the holder/blades have a trigger mechanism.

8 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I don't have first hand experience with the x700 skates but I am going to assume no since there are different connections for the blades to the holder/cowling.  The cowlings/blades use a simple nut and bolt while the holder/blades have a trigger mechanism.

Ah Thanks. Damn.

1 hour ago, Dharmaboy said:

Hey guys, Presently wear Bauer One80 goal skates with Step steel in them. I got them around 2011. I just picked up some x700 cowlingless skates. I was wondering if I can put my step steel from the One80 into this X700?

They will not fit at all.  The steel is two different widths to start and the blades connect in a different fashion as well.

Edited by thebigm

On 3/19/2018 at 1:14 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Tons of NCAA guys are. Sticks were not made available to the pros until January-ish. Many guys are still using NXG or R6000 sticks and the 2S is much lighter and stiffer. It will be a big change. 

Im actually curious if this is why Warrior / @Kirk3190 is catching on so quickly. Maybe it’s less dramatic a design and more in line with what a pro would ask for?

That's an interesting thought. I assume that's why Bauer is going to offer a 2s without Ergo Spine and the 2s Pro with the Ergo Spine. You could essentially call the 2s a redressed 1s.

6 hours ago, goalieThreeOne said:

That's an interesting thought. I assume that's why Bauer is going to offer a 2s without Ergo Spine and the 2s Pro with the Ergo Spine. You could essentially call the 2s a redressed 1s.

That’s not quite the story

Standard 2S falls between current S190 and 1S in weight and performance 

Teams in budget conscious pro leagues hit a tipping point with their stick budgets and the pros don’t want the S190, they want the 1S.

So for 2019, Bauer and CCM are both releasing a standard Pro and and super Pro. 

In my opinion, I’d agree that In Bauer’s case, it’s nice parachute if 2S Pro is too crazy for some consumers 

But CHL, NCAA, and European Pro teams drove this issue. Heard it from both Bauer and CCM.

• Like 1

My custom 2S set I submitted!  Should have them here by end of May!

Plain set really
Only difference from a stock pad is a soft boot break

additional custom options I asked my rep to get done for me are a medium pad with large length and the 1X calf as I like how simple it is.

Mark's 2s.jpg

Edited by thebigm
  • Like 1

Played with my X700s last night. The boot was stiff as hell even after baking and with my CCM footbed I took out of my One80s, It felt odd to wear new skates. I stepped on the ice and was not ready for the experience. It felt like I was skating with Swords strapped to my feet. Got the guy to do 1/2 cut on these blades and I think it's too much specially for these 3mm blades. Will need some wax laces for this break in process to get the skates to mold better over time to my feet as well as thicker socks. Thinnies were not good for this break in period. 

When the puck was coming in the zone and my D men wanted me to play the puck I was basically like this

Will need some break in time for sure.

giphy.gif

Edited by Dharmaboy

2 hours ago, thebigm said:

additional custom options I asked my rep to get done for me are a medium pad with large length

Is that basically just going for a +2 thigh rise? I knew you could do custom sizes through Bauer but they're still labelled as S, M, L, etc.

Just a quick 9 month update on my 1X set. Got these early July and have used them on average 2 or 3 times a week since then. I would guess around 100 games. 

I know Bauer gets ragged on lots on their build quality but no issues yet with durability. They are my first new set of pads in over a decade so I can't say if they perform better or worse than any other brands but I am loving them. Performance is amazing. Sliding and the massive lively rebounds are as good as day 1. 

No complaints at all so far. I'll probably keep them until they fall apart. Hopefully can get a couple more years out of them. 

352520E4-93B9-412F-9BA2-E651986DE84B.jpeg

18EEAA0D-1120-4EDF-A9BB-8653E533E559.jpeg

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, Aquilzz said:

https://www.thegoaliecrease.com/index.php/products/product/4171-staineless-steel-non-certified-cage-fits-bauer-profile-series

I use this exact one. Not sure who makes the actual cage, but the steel is much thicker and more than what comes with the Bauer. I'm assuming this makes it more durable. The welding is perfect as well. It's noticeably heavier, however. 

OTNY makes cages for them

26 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

Is that basically just going for a +2 thigh rise? I knew you could do custom sizes through Bauer but they're still labelled as S, M, L, etc.

They probably do.  Only thing is I think they are trying to streamline the launch so it doesn't cause too many back orders like the last time.  I'm sure they are gonna be able to handle the load I am just worried about the custom graphics if they are gonna be able to keep up.  I hope I can get the plus 2

4 minutes ago, thebigm said:

They probably do.  Only thing is I think they are trying to streamline the launch so it doesn't cause too many back orders like the last time.  I'm sure they are gonna be able to handle the load I am just worried about the custom graphics if they are gonna be able to keep up.  I hope I can get the plus 2

Talked with Rance at TGC about this a bit when I was getting fitted.  I might end up in the same boat, Large pad, Medium knee placement.  But we went with a standard Large pad and then if I still want the lower knee we'll just open up the pad and move it down.  Dennis at FactoryMad has done the same mod too.

@1C5 Nice to see they are holding up for you.  My mid-cycle 1S set that I've been using for about a year is in the same condition, nothing actually wearing out, still perform great.  My only real regret is the Monster knee blocks I put on, the design is just a little too sloppy in terms of attaching them to the pad (unless you open it up and attach it internally).  That and the updated durability on the 2S is just enough to sway me into a new set that I intend on wearing until they start falling apart.

4 hours ago, thebigm said:

My custom 2S set I submitted!  Should have them here by end of May!

Plain set really
Only difference from a stock pad is a soft boot break

additional custom options I asked my rep to get done for me are a medium pad with large length and the 1X calf as I like how simple it is.

Mark's 2s.jpg

Will this be 1X strapping or just the wraps?

3 hours ago, Dharmaboy said:

Played with my X700s last night. The boot was stiff as hell even after baking and with my CCM footbed I took out of my One80s, It felt odd to wear new skates. I stepped on the ice and was not ready for the experience. It felt like I was skating with Swords strapped to my feet. Got the guy to do 1/2 cut on these blades and I think it's too much specially for these 3mm blades. Will need some wax laces for this break in process to get the skates to mold better over time to my feet as well as thicker socks. Thinnies were not good for this break in period. 

When the puck was coming in the zone and my D men wanted me to play the puck I was basically like this

Will need some break in time for sure.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, MTH said:

I feel your pain. When I first wore Supremes after years in old CCMs. Same thing. 

Yikes. I do not miss having to break in skates. 

1 hour ago, Trakakis31 said:

Im getting the 1x pads but I’m am not sure what is better for the pad the 1s knee pads or the 1x knee pads

I know @Hills has a very negative review on the 1S kneepads on his Youtube channel regarding protection. As far as I know, he likes his 1X knees though. 

1 hour ago, Trakakis31 said:

Im getting the 1x pads but I’m am not sure what is better for the pad the 1s knee pads or the 1x knee pads

Although I've only used them for one skate thus far, I would recommend the 1X knee pads. Over the last year, I have tried numerous knee pads--Passau, Koho 589 Pro, and CCM KP Pros--and I liked the 1X's the best; they are the most balanced combination of comfort, protection, and mobility. Also, the garter belt is included, if you purchase through GoalieMonkey.