Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

Bought a pair of 1S pants the other day. Gotta love end of season prices! I actually went in to try out the Optik pants as well as the Vaughn V7 XRs but it was the Bauers that felt too good to pass up on. Crazy light and comfy. I went for a Medium size to get a hybrid of the old style goal pant and the "NHL streamlined". Also, my waist size was right along with the mediums but that could be easily solved with suspenders in a large.

Tried them once and I love the Curve thighs. Launches out rebounds. 

Haven't seen any reviews of them online. I guess pants aren't a "sexy" purchase. 
IMG_1966.thumb.JPG.3c618c9ba9ba06686de608fe71831c4e.JPGIMG_1967.thumb.JPG.2f31c05d78db8082a86ed533bd3b0700.JPG

5 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

Bought a pair of 1S pants the other day. Gotta love end of season prices! I actually went in to try out the Optik pants as well as the Vaughn V7 XRs but it was the Bauers that felt too good to pass up on. Crazy light and comfy. I went for a Medium size to get a hybrid of the old style goal pant and the "NHL streamlined". Also, my waist size was right along with the mediums but that could be easily solved with suspenders in a large.

Haven't seen any reviews of them online. I guess pants aren't a "sexy" purchase.

Looks nice, I was thinking of it as well with the 1s chesty but I might as well wait for the 2s and break the bank lol, but, I'm not a huge fan of the belt inside, does anyone these days use it.  I see no purpose for it myself and I tuck my chest inside.

1 minute ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Looks nice, I was thinking of it as well with the 1s chesty but I might as well wait for the 2s and break the bank lol, but, I'm not a huge fan of the belt inside, does anyone these days use it.  I see no purpose for it myself and I tuck my chest inside.

The funny part is, I love the inner belt! :P I don't tuck (never found it comfortable) and I don't like wearing suspenders. I really like how Bauer did this inner belt, since it is independent on the inside. That means I can really get the belt tight but not lose coverage. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

IMG_1966.thumb.JPG.3c618c9ba9ba06686de608fe71831c4e.JPGIMG_1967.thumb.JPG.2f31c05d78db8082a86ed533bd3b0700.JPG

I was actually thinking about a pair of these myself. I don't need pants, haha. I heard these are crazy light and the 2S is new NHL spec. 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

I was actually thinking about a pair of these myself. I don't need pants, haha. I heard these are crazy light and the 2S is new NHL spec. 

I loved the protection but light weight of my 1S when I had them. I just found Bauer pants tend to sit lower on your hips and I preferred the higher waisted Vaughns. Feel and performance were never a concern. 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

They are CRAZY light. No word of a lie, holding the 1S and my pair of Vapor X800 player pants by the fight strap loops, the 1S feels the same weight wise. But the Curv thighs have been very protective (no stingers) after 2 skates in them and also pop rebounds to the corner a tad faster/further than my old CCMs. 

The thing that made me go for the 1S as opposed to the 2S (other than price) was the fact that the 2S is NHL spec. If I don't have to go NHL spec, I refuse to. Although I wouldn't go for a pant 1-2 sizes too big for me just for coverage as I still like my mobility. 

37 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

I loved the protection but light weight of my 1S when I had them. I just found Bauer pants tend to sit lower on your hips and I preferred the higher waisted Vaughns. Feel and performance were never a concern. 

They definitely sit lower on the hips than other brands. Although it doesn't interfere with my chest protector (XF Pro Carbon), I could see how it would with others.

2 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

So here's my 2sPRO setup, I ordered XS, all stock spec except for an intermediate palm on the blocker!

2spro.jpg

I REALLY like that colour scheme. And I think it will look even better in person.

How come you went for an INT blocker palm and not an INT glove palm? You'll get better closure if you go for an INT palm if your hands are on the smaller side. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

They are CRAZY light. No word of a lie, holding the 1S and my pair of Vapor X800 player pants by the fight strap loops, the 1S feels the same weight wise. But the Curv thighs have been very protective (no stingers) after 2 skates in them and also pop rebounds to the corner a tad faster/further than my old CCMs. 

The thing that made me go for the 1S as opposed to the 2S (other than price) was the fact that the 2S is NHL spec. If I don't have to go NHL spec, I refuse to. Although I wouldn't go for a pant 1-2 sizes too big for me just for coverage as I still like my mobility. 

They definitely sit lower on the hips than other brands. Although it doesn't interfere with my chest protector (XF Pro Carbon), I could see how it would with others.

Do you tuck?

12 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Do you tuck?

Nope, I go untucked with my pant laces looped through the front..(segmented flap?) and into the nylon loop. I'll take a pic to show and update really fast. 

Here (ignore the messy bathroom please :))

IMG_1970.thumb.JPG.2030a02b02e91f55a172d4f34c68c37f.JPGIMG_1971.thumb.JPG.01c58be96f1330ddb2b233b3a0893fc4.JPG

Here's a close-up of how I feed the laces and tie:

IMG_1975.thumb.JPG.7378fb8b530bf3c26fe71be4e1e7808d.JPG

I could pull the pants up higher than what's shown in the pictures as well. The Bauer logo would be just about under the rib protection. 

Edited by Aquilzz
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

I REALLY like that colour scheme. And I think it will look even better in person.

How come you went for an INT blocker palm and not an INT glove palm? You'll get better closure if you go for an INT palm if your hands are on the smaller side. 

It is not an available option apparently, i tried the glove and it wasn't that bad, I will hopefully find a way around it!
The blocker palm is huge in bauers compared to the glove. 

32 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Has anyone swapped out the Bauer insoles of their X-S skates for Superfeet ones? How is the feel and fit? I've used their yellow insoles before on a previous model/brand.

I use the new yellow ones, I think they call them Hockey Carbon now. (there used to be grey ones called carbon that were not for skates, these are new yellow ones.)

I use them because I have custom orthotics to help my feet from pronating, and these give me a bit of similar support. Not exactly the same, but better than nothing. I like the new ones better than the older ones, a bit more grip to them now. I probably wouldn't say it's worth switching out just for the grip though. 

Edit: Custom 1S skates btw

Edited by Mroy31

4 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

I use the new yellow ones, I think they call them Hockey Carbon now. (there used to be grey ones called carbon that were not for skates, these are new yellow ones.)

I use them because I have custom orthotics to help my feet from pronating, and these give me a bit of similar support. Not exactly the same, but better than nothing. I like the new ones better than the older ones, a bit more grip to them now. I probably wouldn't say it's worth switching out just for the grip though. 

Edit: Custom 1S skates btw

Have they given you a snugger fit in your skates?