Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

19 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I already have a pair of Superfeet in another pair of skates that I don't use so its not as if I am buying them.  I was curious about the Speedplates since they're moldable but if they wouldn't be good for my arches then I won't bother.  Just looking to spruce up my skates a little.

I prefer Speedplates, personally, because I have arch issues that Superfeet can't correct. Superfeet are really intended to help with heel transfer, so if they work for you, then I'd say either Speedplates or Superfeet would be fine.

4 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

I prefer Speedplates, personally, because I have arch issues that Superfeet can't correct. Superfeet are really intended to help with heel transfer, so if they work for you, then I'd say either Speedplates or Superfeet would be fine.

I don't even remember how they felt.  I had them in my inline skates and its been almost a decade since I've played roller.

Tried on the 2S Pros in person today. Felt crazy light. They are thicker than the 1S (at least on the side gusset) for durability reasons but are still lighter. Crazy stiff as well. I can fairly easily bend a 1S at the boot and thigh rise, but the 2S wouldn't budge unless I used an unreasonable amount of force. 

I can imagine their new Powerlite material is going to give off even hotter rebounds.  It feels stiffer on the face as well.

Glove feels WAY better than the 1S/1X. Feels more natural to me and could open/close it about 90% right off the shelf. Blocker feels the same as 1S (in a good way).

Graphic looks really cool in person as well! And knee landing feels just like the 1X which I enjoyed. The CRS strapping is the same and is overly complicated if you ask me.

Wanted to take advantage of their "Try It" pads for an actual on ice overview, but didn't exactly have $1000 for the required deposit ? 

Edited by Aquilzz

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I don't even remember how they felt.  I had them in my inline skates and its been almost a decade since I've played roller.

I've had the speed plates for a couple weeks now and I would say the superfeet were more comfortable, but I benefit from the arch support so I'll take that trade off. I wouldn't switch to speed plates for strictly comfort. 

On 4/20/2018 at 12:56 PM, Punisher Goalie said:

Anyone have a photo or link showing what the colors look like?

Colors are:

• Red
  • Blue (toronto)
  • Navy (CBJ)
  • Antique/Vegas Gold
  • Stock (black with a silver design on the shaft)
    On 11/10/2017 at 7:51 PM, TheGoalNet said:

2S Skates & Stick 

C90BF5AC-9F8A-4E3C-BBA4-78F76987D722.jpeg

8D4A97AC-0F86-4A1A-A558-DE045419F497.jpeg

Edited by maxtm30

European goalie monkey with 2s for the mere price of  2474 usd.... that's just for the pads.

And the gloves being 670 usd for trapper and 570 usd for the blocker.... 

You could also choose to get custom 1x for 3100 usd... And that's just the normal bauer custom lol...

Any other european shops with more sensible prices?

On 4/20/2018 at 5:15 PM, Aquilzz said:

Tried on the 2S Pros in person today. Felt crazy light. They are thicker than the 1S (at least on the side gusset) for durability reasons but are still lighter. Crazy stiff as well. I can fairly easily bend a 1S at the boot and thigh rise, but the 2S wouldn't budge unless I used an unreasonable amount of force. 

I can imagine their new Powerlite material is going to give off even hotter rebounds.  It feels stiffer on the face as well.

Glove feels WAY better than the 1S/1X. Feels more natural to me and could open/close it about 90% right off the shelf. Blocker feels the same as 1S (in a good way).

Graphic looks really cool in person as well! And knee landing feels just like the 1X which I enjoyed. The CRS strapping is the same and is overly complicated if you ask me.

Wanted to take advantage of their "Try It" pads for an actual on ice overview, but didn't exactly have $1000 for the required deposit ? 

If you seen the try it pads and gloves they are slightly different than stock. I will look for my email that explained the differences from the retail models. 

1 hour ago, thebigm said:

If you seen the try it pads and gloves they are slightly different than stock. I will look for my email that explained the differences from the retail models. 

They had both. Since the "try its" were medium, I wasn't really going to in depth with them. Most of my observations were from the S they had. 

But would love to hear the differences. Only thing I could visually notice was the lack of graphic on the gloves (and the obvious try it graphic on the pads).

On 4/21/2018 at 5:59 PM, MadsM said:

European goalie monkey with 2s for the mere price of  2474 usd.... that's just for the pads.

And the gloves being 670 usd for trapper and 570 usd for the blocker.... 

You could also choose to get custom 1x for 3100 usd... And that's just the normal bauer custom lol...

Any other european shops with more sensible prices?

Are you from Europe? I can give you better price.

On 4/20/2018 at 4:15 PM, Aquilzz said:

Which store were you at that already has the 2s "Try It" pads? I have asked my local retailer and they said they won't have anything until release.

9 hours ago, DJohnson33 said:

Which store were you at that already has the 2s "Try It" pads? I have asked my local retailer and they said they won't have anything until release.

Just my local store. Their Bauer rep was there talking about the equipment. 

On 4/21/2018 at 5:27 PM, maxtm30 said:

Colors are:

• Red
  • Blue (toronto)
  • Navy (CBJ)
  • Antique/Vegas Gold
  • Stock (black with a silver design on the shaft)

Thanks for posting this. Wow, that made my decision easy. I really don't like the look of the black graphic. Strange that there doesn't seem to be any equivalent to the lighter grey and white scheme on the 1S for the 2S Pro. Gold it is...

So I have Reactor 9000 pads, and I removed the top straps; not because I really know what I’m doing, or what I like - more because I can feel like I did a mod without really doing anything.

Anyway, I was looking at my pads, and the strap holder/flap thing looks kinda dumb, so I had a closer look. I discovered that there’s a little pouch opening, and being the same shape as the flap, I tucked it in. Is that what it’s there for - or is it so you can put your weed in it...?

First pic is the flap/strap holder. Second is with it tucked inside the little pouch. 

(BTW - if there is proper terminology for these please tell me... flaps and pouches sounds a bit rude...)

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

So I have Reactor 9000 pads, and I removed the top straps; not because I really know what I’m doing, or what I like - more because I can feel like I did a mod without really doing anything.

Anyway, I was looking at my pads, and the strap holder/flap thing looks kinda dumb, so I had a closer look. I discovered that there’s a little pouch opening, and being the same shape as the flap, I tucked it in. Is that what it’s there for - or is it so you can put your weed in it...?

First pic is the flap/strap holder. Second is with it tucked inside the little pouch. 

(BTW - if there is proper terminology for these please tell me... flaps and pouches sounds a bit rude...)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yeah, that should be what it's there for. Not a lot of goalies use the top strap anymore, so I guess Bauer was using that insert to keep a cleaner aesthetic. Brian's always did this with their leather tabs as well (although I think they stopped doing it on the Optiks). 

I would call it a leather tab and insert personally. But English is a messy language so your terminology is probably just as correct as mine. 

On 4/21/2018 at 9:07 PM, Aquilzz said:

They had both. Since the "try its" were medium, I wasn't really going to in depth with them. Most of my observations were from the S they had. 

But would love to hear the differences. Only thing I could visually notice was the lack of graphic on the gloves (and the obvious try it graphic on the pads).

This is from my email from my rep about the try it set:

Some notes below:

·        These are meant to be demo’d on ice by consumers and advertise for guys that have White demo size runs
·        These come with “blank graphic” Supreme Catcher and Blocker
o   These were all built in OCT so we find them a little stiffer than the confirmed stock gloves shipping for launch (built Nov to April)
o   I’d advise if you are in the store- show your dealers that these break in much easier after 6min in a skate oven!

The glove breaks in amazing after 6 min in the oven as you could see if my fapping video!