Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

3 hours ago, Hills said:

From everything I've heard, the fit will be similar to the Vapor player skates compared to Supreme. So it would have less depth and less volume overall.

bauerskatefitchart-2015.jpg

Looks like Bauer will need a Nexus ( or Reactor ) to round out the family 

Vapor skates don't fit my feet at all. Won't even need to pick up the 1X and hold it haha

On 4/8/2017 at 9:05 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Looks like Bauer will need a Nexus ( or Reactor ) to round out the family 

Vapor skates don't fit my feet at all. Won't even need to pick up the 1X and hold it haha

I don't think there is enough of a market to make a 3rd line of goal skates for Bauer. Bauer also sells custom skates which have significantly more options than VH does (besides holder) that would probably fit most peoples' feet.

11 hours ago, Hills said:

I don't think there is enough of a market to make a 3rd line of goal skates for Bauer. Bauer also sells custom skates which have significantly more options than VH does (besides holder) that would probably fit most peoples' feet.

Sorry, I should have used italics or something... I was goofing off

Ive seen some custom Bauers and it's cool. I'm shocked they don't push that more with the success of VH. I'm guessing they're bogged down with other stuff at the moment... 

• 2 weeks later...

So this will go into my Pad Purchasing thread but I figured it should go here.

Bauer just released the customizer for the 1X line, and it is even more disappointing than I originally though. Now I saw what the booking colours were before so I had an idea of what would generally be available, but I assumed the customizer would allow for the already seen colour combinations that pros currently have. Well I was wrong. Also a booking is an order that can be made by a store for a certain colour set for one of their stock off the shelf sets, they can only be ordered in groups and at certain times of the year if I am not mistaken in that part.

Here are some colours I thought were well done. This set below cannot be order in this colourway, it has to be ordered all yellow or black. Also Markstrom's can't be ordered in his colour way either, at least there is an option for different stiffness in the pad.

18122008_10100316084337974_9164327146339

And this was the set I was wanting to order.

UvWFOk0.jpg

Now here is the set I can actually order...

FxQnYWW.png

Thanks Bauer

1 hour ago, jayluv54 said:

It looks mobile and light.  Reminds me of my V6 2200 and probably going to have a similar feel.  I like the Curv composite in the arms, but likely going to lead to some stingers. 

I'd say Curv should have the opposite effect of that. Funny you mention V6 2200, I think it looks like a V3 which I think the V6 borrowed heavily from.

1 hour ago, Hills said:

I'd say Curv should have the opposite effect of that. Funny you mention V6 2200, I think it looks like a V3 which I think the V6 borrowed heavily from.

We'll see.  I guess it depends whats underneath, but its just been my experience that when relying on a solid, plastic like protection in the arms (V6 2200, Ritual Pro) you get a lot more mobility but tend to feel shots a lot more too. 

On 4/8/2017 at 4:25 PM, Hills said:

From everything I've heard, the fit will be similar to the Vapor player skates compared to Supreme. So it would have less depth and less volume overall.

bauerskatefitchart-2015.jpg

Looks like Bauer is muddying the water... Vapor Goal has more volume than the Supreme Goal. 

IMG_6123.PNG

On 4/28/2017 at 10:01 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Looks like Bauer is muddying the water... Vapor Goal has more volume than the Supreme Goal. 

Just semantics here but, Bauer didn't change the volume as volume could be better described as the height from footbed to tongue/lace. What Bauer has done is made the heel pocket deeper.

Sorry, not trying to be a dink

• Like 1

5 hours ago, old but slow said:

Just semantics here but, Bauer didn't change the volume as volume could be better described as the height from footbed to tongue/lace. What Bauer has done is made the heel pocket deeper.

Sorry, not trying to be a dink

That's good insight, no worries 

the whole fit vs feature thing is sorta annoying.

If you like the fit of a Vapor, but the stiffness of a Supreme, you need to go custom or vise versa 

how much is the up charge for custom skates?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Hills - Yes, I did it once for about 15 minutes and slowly ratcheted it down. Given the unique construction of this pad, I was concerned about breaking the pad. 

The right pad rebounded back to shape pretty quick

The left pad was done overnight and still has a major S in it. 

The right pad is now under ratchet again 

On 4/30/2017 at 3:12 PM, Hills said:

Oh Bauer... can't make anything easy...

From what I've heard from people who have them, the new Vapor goal skates are just a re-branded and updated version of the Reactor skates.  Fit and feel are the same, but the skates are lighter with the Curv composite, no cowling and 3mm blades.  I don't think the fit was supposed to be in line with the player skates at all.

1 hour ago, jayluv54 said:

From what I've heard from people who have them, the new Vapor goal skates are just a re-branded and updated version of the Reactor skates.  Fit and feel are the same, but the skates are lighter with the Curv composite, no cowling and 3mm blades.  I don't think the fit was supposed to be in line with the player skates at all.

That's correct. 

Bauer could make the retail employees, customers, etc lives easier if all Supreme branded skates followed a fit pattern, all vapor etc