Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

23 hours ago, thebigm said:

I would consider going conservative as well

I have worn GT 35+ G4 35+  1&2S Large 35+1 but with the vapor I wore a large and due to it's design of the knee block being smaller I slip down/off the knee block and would prefer a medium.  

Interesting, I am a 35 Warrior and CCM. and 36 fits me perfect for Bauer and Brians.

1 hour ago, Goalieinneed said:

So if I’m wearing 34” warrior then 35” on Bauer should fit? 

I fit a 34" Warrior, could possibly go up to a 35", but I would probably wear a Medium (34") Bauer 1X/1S/2S.
Boot breaks are very stiff on the Bauer. 

On 5/16/2018 at 3:08 AM, Goalieinneed said:

So I was searching the web for good deals and came across new S190 can anyone tell me abt them? How was the durability the sliding etc 

S190 was last generation's Senior model. They are built overseas if that matter's to you. It's basically the same design and as the previous generation pad, the Supreme One.9. They are not pro level pads, but also do not suffer the durability issues that the 1s often are associated with. They do not have CORTech. The sliding surface is jenpro so it will slide the same as any other jenpro covered pad released in the last 5-10 years. CRS strapping is better than leather, but I find it cumbersome in comparison to TuneFit from the 1X. Hard rebounds, but not the hardest. 

2 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

Tomorrow...

2Sishere.JPG

Nice ?

Also got to try on the 2S chesty yesterday. Felt great! Arms were nice and flexible right away (passed the finger to nose test easily) and didn’t feel boxy or overly stiff in the shoulders like the 1S did.

Excited to hear the @TheGoalNet review after some use. As I’ve been throwing around the idea of a new chest protector after getting more stingers and even a deep bone bruise in my elbow with my V7 XF. The 2S is probably the only other contender with the VE8 NHL spec right now.

27 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

Nice ?

Also got to try on the 2S chesty yesterday. Felt great! Arms were nice and flexible right away (passed the finger to nose test easily) and didn’t feel boxy or overly stiff in the shoulders like the 1S did.

Excited to hear the @TheGoalNet review after some use. As I’ve been throwing around the idea of a new chest protector after getting more stingers and even a deep bone bruise in my elbow with my V7 XF. The 2S is probably the only other contender with the VE8 NHL spec right now.

Nice chesty yes, but I can't justify $675 CDN for that, nothing has changed from the 1S, it looks like my NXG just lighter, and my NXG is holding like a bull after 3-4 years. I would rather have more coverage with the ccm premier chesty and pay less.

16 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Nice chesty yes, but I can't justify $675 CDN for that, nothing has changed from the 1S, it looks like my NXG just lighter, and my NXG is holding like a bull after 3-4 years. I would rather have more coverage with the ccm premier chesty and pay less.

Shoulder floaters are smaller.

1 hour ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Lots has changed from the 1S C/A. At least for what you can change in a chest protector. The 2S is more flexible and not as "boxy" to wear in the arms and shoulder floaters. I had a big problem with the 1S floaters, but the 2S is segmented is definitely more flush with the shoulders. Also lighter than the 1S. 

It's also a streamlined unit similar to the Optik. It's interesting seeing the trend to smaller equipment but not really relating with performance. Gloves, pads and pants have gotten smaller over the years. I think the more mobile and athletic you make the goalie, the easier it is to react to saves. 

I hate CCM c/as personally. I enjoy being able to move while on the ice. 

NXG is definitely a nice c/a and it's good that Bauer keeps updating its design. 2S has slight change of materials, more mobile and easier break in compared to the 1S and especially the NXG. I don't know what more you can add to a C/A without completely overhauling the design. A c/a is never a purchase really based on want, nobody gets excited about a new chest protector like a new set of pads, so I'm a fan of small changes. 

Edited by Aquilzz

2 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Just a little yes, looks more disappointing and a very expensive unit 

I know, I just wanted to be a dick and point out that at least one thing changed. :P

And I agree, even the Vaughn units are up in that range, it's crazy how expensive these things are getting.

• Like 1

Picked them up this morning, but had to spend the day doing things outside with other people, so just getting settled now. 

Pretty psyched. Knee blocks are way sturdier, the glove is already more broken in than my 1S was. Get to take them on the ice Monday night. 

20180519_210231.jpg

20180519_210156.jpg

20180519_210115.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Mroy31 will you use the stock CRS or the hack strap?

I'll probably stick with the stock CRS but with the calf strap down to the bottom of the outer wrap, that seemed to give me the most consistent feel. 

Also kinda disappointed that knee pads weren't included with pad purchase this time around. These did cost less than my 1S set though, and I've got both the 1S and new Vaughn knee pads, so just a minor disappointment haha

@TheGoalNet they look like a pretty similar build to the XF Pros that I got. I even tried taking the outer double shield piece off, but you lose the velcro to attach the strap to. The 2S have a bit more space in the knee, so hopefully the double shield fits a little better. Wish they had that Bauer anchor strap though

17 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

Picked them up this morning, but had to spend the day doing things outside with other people, so just getting settled now. 

Pretty psyched. Knee blocks are way sturdier, the glove is already more broken in than my 1S was. Get to take them on the ice Monday night. 

20180519_210231.jpg

20180519_210156.jpg

20180519_210115.jpg

Ok those silver logos with the blue is TO DIE FOR. 

• Thanks 1