Purple Pants/Shells!

Hey folks,

Looking to match our upcoming sweaters with a vintage LA Kings purple pant.

Looking for either purple/gold (perfect match for the new unis), or just solid purple would be fine.

The only thing I've found online are player pants/pant shells, but I'm wondering if anyone has a line on goalie sized?

Not fussy on brand, and I'd likely be looking for large pants, or an XL shell to fit over L pants.

Pics for reference, thank you kindly!

0a5acef4e2f28575_large.jpg

8bb7229cc5ad656d_small.jpg

1 minute ago, HP29 said:

Oh, nice - I've deal with John before, he's great.

Are we talking big bucks for something like that?

Depends on how much striping/piping you want, and how intricate the pattern is.  But for basic shells Brown is in line with what you will pay for Bauer or CCM shells online with www.thehockeyshop.com or other retailiers.  I have also found shells on eBay.

2 minutes ago, Naz said:

Depends on how much striping/piping you want, and how intricate the pattern is.  But for basic shells Brown is in line with what you will pay for Bauer or CCM shells online with www.thehockeyshop.com or other retailiers.  I have also found shells on eBay.

Cool, yeah - I've seen solid colours around $40 retail and striped looking more like 60 or 70, any of those  price points I'd be more than fine with.

I'll get in touch with JB and see what he's got.

Thanks for the tip.

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

I've used XXL player pants with no issue. The legs could be shortened by an inch or so but they never got in the way or anything. Wearing CCM size L pants. 

Ditto.  

I wear Small Vaughn pants and use XL player shells and get about 2.5 inches hemmed at the bottom.  Perfect fit after that. 

21 hours ago, Naz said:

Heard back from JB, who was kind enough to reach me quickly, but unfortunately is more than 2x retail for just a solid colour shell, and 3x for what I'd be looking for  ?

I pick up the largest shells possible (I wear XL goal pants because I need them, not to be bigger).

The length is always an issue. But for the right price.

Poke around for any youth teams that wear purple shells. Reach out to their pro shop or wherever and see if you can get a pair. They'll team order stuff all the time. I think the shells my kids wear are about $50 with the logo, stripes and number on them. If you're looking for a plain pair - I could see them being half the cost to get through that team sale.

I know the pro shop here has extra shells for sale in the back. Sometimes wrong number, returns or just demo pairs.

12 minutes ago, HP29 said:

Heard back from JB, who was kind enough to reach me quickly, but unfortunately is more than 2x retail for just a solid colour shell, and 3x for what I'd be looking for  ?

Wow!   That's too bad, sorry for the bad info!!

5 minutes ago, MTH said:

I pick up the largest shells possible (I wear XL goal pants because I need them, not to be bigger).

The length is always an issue. But for the right price.

Poke around for any youth teams that wear purple shells. Reach out to their pro shop or wherever and see if you can get a pair. They'll team order stuff all the time. I think the shells my kids wear are about $50 with the logo, stripes and number on them. If you're looking for a plain pair - I could see them being half the cost to get through that team sale.

I know the pro shop here has extra shells for sale in the back. Sometimes wrong number, returns or just demo pairs.

Good call, I'll give that a try! I found some nice Warrior shells in a player XL, which COULD work if the zippered inseams open up enough. I'll poke around anyways, thanks MTH!

6 minutes ago, Naz said:

Wow!   That's too bad, sorry for the bad info!!

Ayyy, don't even sweat. Business is so dynamic, could be a recent price change, or maybe he charges a premium for folks who aren't in a Brown pant, but need one of their shells.

11 hours ago, seagoal said:

I caught those Tanner P pro returns, but I'd already be really pushing it trying to fit into a player XL - these would be way too small for me at an L

10 hours ago, 1C5 said:

I have a purple pair of XL Easton goalie pants that might be for sale soon if my new ones that I just ordered fit me...

If they're shells, let's chat! If they are pants, though - an XL will run too big for this guy. I wear a large now, and should probably be in a medium.

6 hours ago, HP29 said:

I caught those Tanner P pro returns, but I'd already be really pushing it trying to fit into a player XL - these would be way too small for me at an L

If they're shells, let's chat! If they are pants, though - an XL will run too big for this guy. I wear a large now, and should probably be in a medium.

Sorry they are XL pants. 

Archived