2X Pro

TheGoalNet

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The glove looks to be what I would expect to be the correct retail version since that is a new style backhand cuff and it has the correct front lacing pattern. I do wonder if the 2X blockers we've seen pros use have just been reskinned 1X without binding and they really will go 1-piece sidewall for both lines which would be weird but I wouldn't put it past them.

On 1/16/2019 at 11:57 PM, TheGoalNet said:

1S / 2S blocker. Vapor is 2 piece sidewall

On 1/17/2019 at 9:21 AM, maxtm30 said:

@TheGoalNet I have seen the gear in early november, this blocker is stock, diffrence is the board is thinner, aerolite foam were there is normally VentArmor on the supreme. Break on the glove feels closer to the supreme than 1x, still really really close to a 590 though

This is stock blocker for the 2x Pro

9 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Vapor is 2 Piece sidewall. Vasi’s is a 1 piece. 

Unless something has changed these are the stock gloves 

Well I work at retail and i saw the line in November, as I said, blocker is stock with a new one piece sidewall, I’ll send you picture on instagram 

1 hour ago, maxtm30 said:

Well I work at retail and i saw the line in November, as I said, blocker is stock with a new one piece sidewall, I’ll send you picture on instagram 

Followed up on Max’s info with my contacts at Bauer after he DM’d me. The stock blocker is a 1 piece sidewall. 

This is new info from what I was told at the beginning of the season 

54 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Followed up on Max’s info with my contacts at Bauer after he DM’d me. The stock blocker is a 1 piece sidewall. 

This is new info from what I was told at the beginning of the season 

interesting

So are the 2x and 2s basically the same blocker w different graphics, like what Lefevre had done w the Eflex-Premier?

3 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

Only for tose who might be unsure, the glove is a 2S Pro stock specs (break and back hand backing), only the blocker pictured is 2X Pro

And the glove doens't have the lowest standard wrist strap. My 1S Pro had that and I HATED it

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Unit looks super solid just based on a pic... but, I thought the 1X had a very unique look and concept. Would have loved to see an evolution like that compared to a completely new design... but I’m probably in the minority 

The reverted back to something that feels closer to the Reactor 9000, one of the most comfortable unit ever IMO.

Most of the tech upgrades the 1x did are still there, they upped the protection a notch and reduced significantly the weight on this gen. Can't wait to get mine (in another colorway 😉)

7 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

The reverted back to something that feels closer to the Reactor 9000, one of the most comfortable unit ever IMO.

Most of the tech upgrades the 1x did are still there, they upped the protection a notch and reduced significantly the weight on this gen. Can't wait to get mine (in another colorway 😉)

Are the forearms and biceps Curv?

I haven’t seen this unit up close, very helpful info 

On 1/25/2019 at 3:30 PM, TheGoalNet said:

And the glove doens't have the lowest standard wrist strap. My 1S Pro had that and I HATED it

Even with the leather strap mod I did to mine, it doesn't really lock to your wrist, it just kind of pushes it into the board of the glove.  Would prefer that the strap went through the piece where the quattro material is and created more of a free floating cuff.

@TheGoalNet didn't you have Dennis at Factory Mad do something like that to one of your gloves?  The brown gnetiks maybe?

4 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

Even with the leather strap mod I did to mine, it doesn't really lock to your wrist, it just kind of pushes it into the board of the glove.  Would prefer that the strap went through the piece where the quattro material is and created more of a free floating cuff.

@TheGoalNet didn't you have Dennis at Factory Mad do something like that to one of your gloves?  The brown gnetiks maybe?

Did that to my 1S glove. Had the security on a wrist strap, but complete flex 

BOA Brians gloves are like this too. Wraps around your wrist and doesn’t pull your wrist to the back of the foam 

9 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Did that to my 1S glove. Had the security on a wrist strap, but complete flex 

BOA Brians gloves are like this too. Wraps around your wrist and doesn’t pull your wrist to the back of the foam 

That will probably be my next project.

To get back on topic with the 2X c/a, it does look like an evolution of the 1X, same-ish floaters, the forearms look like they covered up the Curv.  That's all speculation though.  I tried the 1X on in-store so many times and wanted to like it, but it didn't feel soft enough to commit to without some kind of demo program.  Not that anything should be absolutely game ready of the rack, but they were so stiff I couldn't move my arms forward as if extending my gloves, so it was just a no go.

We'll see if 2019 is the year I don't buy a new c/a haha

45 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

To get back on topic with the 2X c/a, it does look like an evolution of the 1X, same-ish floaters, the forearms look like they covered up the Curv.  That's all speculation though.  I tried the 1X on in-store so many times and wanted to like it, but it didn't feel soft enough to commit to without some kind of demo program.  Not that anything should be absolutely game ready of the rack, but they were so stiff I couldn't move my arms forward as if extending my gloves, so it was just a no go.

Let me know what you need from me. I am happy to send what Dennis and I worked on.

On 2/4/2019 at 8:49 AM, BadAngle41 said:

Good to know. The brief time I had the 2S and 1X demo sets I preferred the 2S bc it's strapping is closer to what I'm using now... but I could see why so many guys like the 1X strapping. I'd need time to dial in the right strap length as well as attachment position to get the right tension in the right spots for me. Something that is much easier for me to do on 2S. I dunno... waffling so much on next set right now... GNetikIV... EF4... 2X... 2S (with soft boot.) Lots of options each with their own + and -.

On 2/3/2019 at 11:29 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Are the forearms and biceps Curv?

I haven’t seen this unit up close, very helpful info 

On 2/4/2019 at 5:12 PM, Mroy31 said:

Strapping is mostly the same on the 2x, only diffrence is you can remove the knee flap

Yes there is curv in the arms

and it is the softest unit on the market as far as I know. 

This is the best product from Bauer in 2019 if you ask me, and I’ve seen them all.

Archived