*shameless plug!* I just got a mess of Overdrive Blades!!!

bunnyman666

As one of a select few Overdrive Blade dealers, I just got a few more sets in! These have actually been a great seller for me! I still want to shanelessly pimp these as I am hot on them for injury prevention!

I am hoping to offer a bunnyman666 exclusive option for these blades, so keep your eyes peeled as hopefully, I can add this exclusive option. I have not gotten confirmation, so I can’t confirm. 

If you’re in the USA or Europe, I can cut you a deal. If you’re in Canada, go to overdriveblade.com. 

Mods: I have no problem if you need to move this to the for sale pages. 

34 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

Used Overdrive blades for probably a dozen years, they're great! I'd still be using them if I hadn't gone cowlingless.

I did shed them when I went cowling free; when I went back to a cowling, I put the blades back on...

7 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Sounds interesting. I recently had replacement Cobra cowlings put on my Graf 750 skates. According to the overdrive site I’d need to alter the cut out to install the blades. I’m about as handy as a Park Avenue trophy wife, though. 

7BBFA163-3013-414E-A2A7-397559748BD7.jpeg

Dremel sanding drum would be your friend.

@bunnyman666 The rinks thinking is that someone will get hurt. That the extra blades pose a risk of cutting someone. This place is so anal about a lot of things. Worst rule is no camera's on the glass, attached to the net in any way, or on the ice. Can't even record someone for future play back in chalk talks.

Not sure which league you are playing in but I had the same issues with my league here in Toronto and I lobbied them hard to give me the opportunity to suction cup my GoPro on the glass so I could move it each period.  Following some back and forth with refs for my last two games the league finally talked to them so I should be good here on out for video taping.  You should do the same in your league.  Just go straight to the league Manager.  Not sure about that extra blade though.  

8 hours ago, loki1416 said:

@bunnyman666 The rinks thinking is that someone will get hurt. That the extra blades pose a risk of cutting someone. This place is so anal about a lot of things. Worst rule is no camera's on the glass, attached to the net in any way, or on the ice. Can't even record someone for future play back in chalk talks.

I need to do a sales pitch for them...

This blade does not get sharpened, first of all. It does not cut any thing as it is very blunt. If someone is going to get hurt, it won’t be from that blade. The blade, if installed correctly, merely gives a firm, flat surface that prevents the skate from slipping at the cowling.

Sounds like this rink has a no fun rule.

1 hour ago, WillyGrips13 said:

I usually get my skates sharpened by the rink manager at Avon Old Farms prep school. He said when Jonathan Quick was there he wore overdrive blades. They painted them white to match the cowlings so they’d go unnoticed. 

He’d probably install them for you... Just sayin’ ?

On 8/5/2018 at 12:17 PM, loki1416 said:

Would love to give them a try but my rink banned them. If you get caught with them, your out for the season.

Where is this rink?

2 minutes ago, loki1416 said:

@Chester Alabama

Straight from the website.

http://www.overdriveblade.com/

Its a "protective" device for the goaltenders groin. Go at the league from that standpoint. 

"Are you banning a protection device for my groin? Like a Helmet for my head? Cant my helmet head butting another player be more damaging than a device on the bottom of my skate, protected by my pads, that has no contact with a player?"

Easily winnable argument. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived