Welcome to TheGoalNet - Brian's!!!

TheGoalNet

I am pleased to welcome Chris Joswiak from Brian's to our forum! Please use this space to ask questions about Brian's related topics. For those of you that don't know Chris he is the guy in the Brian's videos with Total Hockey. He played goalie for D1 ACHA  Davenport University and then was a key cog in revitalizing Brian's! 

Note: Let's try to ask some deeper or higher level questions here. If it's a basic "how long will a custom order take?", please call your local hockey shop! 

Welcome Chris. That's great having a direct line to the manufacturers.

I have a question. Are the Smart Toe straps available in longer lengths? The system works great for rotation. But because my RBK 3K skates don't have a middle post I have to put the straps through the back opening and then over top of the skate. The straps are really stretched to the limit. I haven't had the hook/loop fastener come undone on me yet, but it's just hanging on at game's end when I take the pads off. But what does happen during the game is that the toe bridge lifts up and over so that it's on top of my skate.

I think that if the straps were about 2" to 3" longer there wouldn't be so much tension on the strap which pulls the toe bridge up during a mad scramble. I've tried using the other openings on the skates but nothing else works. I may switch them out to a Monster type system using shock cord instead because it'll be easier to adjust the lengths to suit. But it'll wait till fall since my hockey season is over.

Anyway, other than that, I'm loving my Gnetik 5.5 pads.

1 hour ago, KootenayKeeper said:

I have a question. Are the Smart Toe straps available in longer lengths? The system works great for rotation. But because my RBK 3K skates don't have a middle post I have to put the straps through the back opening and then over top of the skate. The straps are really stretched to the limit. I haven't had the hook/loop fastener come undone on me yet, but it's just hanging on at game's end when I take the pads off. But what does happen during the game is that the toe bridge lifts up and over so that it's on top of my skate.

I think that if the straps were about 2" to 3" longer there wouldn't be so much tension on the strap which pulls the toe bridge up during a mad scramble. I've tried using the other openings on the skates but nothing else works. I may switch them out to a Monster type system using shock cord instead because it'll be easier to adjust the lengths to suit. But it'll wait till fall since my hockey season is over.

Haha, that's funny how much we love things tailored to our game! I was just thinking last skate that I want mine shorter. After I switched to the 1S and have less cowling to loop them thru, there's a lot of extra slack 

i was thinking of having a local tailor shorten mine up to work better with the new wheels 

On 2017-03-31 at 4:14 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Haha, that's funny how much we love things tailored to our game! I was just thinking last skate that I want mine shorter. After I switched to the 1S and have less cowling to loop them thru, there's a lot of extra slack 

i was thinking of having a local tailor shorten mine up to work better with the new wheels 

Yes, shorter is an option too, and something I can do myself. I wanted longer straps because I prefer looping through the back opening of the skate because that's what I've always done. Maybe I'll try to make them adjustable length.

1 hour ago, KootenayKeeper said:

Yes, shorter is an option too, and something I can do myself. I wanted longer straps because I prefer looping through the back opening of the skate because that's what I've always done. Maybe I'll try to make them adjustable length.

Got it, using the heel hole makes complete sense on needing the longer length 

On 3/31/2017 at 5:12 PM, KootenayKeeper said:

To be honest we we never really got that type of inquiry but I am sure we can custom make an extended pair for you if desired. I will check with Reo to confirm. Thanks

13 hours ago, KootenayKeeper said:

Chris - that would be great.

Yes - we can make the extended smart toe straps - no issue/ mod upcharge. All you will need to do is contact the retailer you use and have them order them for you. Just let them know you have spoken to Brian's and this is possible. Let me know if this works, or if you have any other questions...

On 2017-04-05 at 6:11 AM, Brians_Joz said:

Yes - we can make the extended smart toe straps - no issue/ mod upcharge. All you will need to do is contact the retailer you use and have them order them for you. Just let them know you have spoken to Brian's and this is possible. Let me know if this works, or if you have any other questions...

That's awesome! I'll be in contact with The Hockey Store in Surrey. Thanks.

Archived