Sloppy Knee Blocks

Urabus33

Looking for some guidance on what to do with my knee blocks.
Stock CCM Eflex 3 have been awesome for months, and all of a sudden, the knee blocks seem to be not as tightly sewn to the pads anymore, making the pads "V" out when I slide, or lean over on my post in VH/RVH.

Haven't changed strapping setup or tightness at all.

Knee elastic to calf, loosest setting, same with calf elastic. top strap on 4th hole, top calf on 3, bottom on 6th.

Only mod is a Monster SKP (for a little more cushioning) and removal of the center knee padding. Wondering if its a strapping issue, wear issue, or something else all together.

Using regular pro laces for toe ties as well.

Circled in Red in  second picture one is where my knee lands, the third is where I think it should land.

IMG_7440.jpg

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_7441.jpg

23 minutes ago, Urabus33 said:

Looking for some guidance on what to do with my knee blocks.
Stock CCM Eflex 3 have been awesome for months, and all of a sudden, the knee blocks seem to be not as tightly sewn to the pads anymore, making the pads "V" out when I slide, or lean over on my post in VH/RVH.

Haven't changed strapping setup or tightness at all.

Knee elastic to calf, loosest setting, same with calf elastic. top strap on 4th hole, top calf on 3, bottom on 6th.

Only mod is a Monster SKP (for a little more cushioning) and removal of the center knee padding. Wondering if its a strapping issue, wear issue, or something else all together.

Using regular pro laces for toe ties as well.

Circled in Red in  second picture one is where my knee lands, the third is where I think it should land.

IMG_7440.jpg

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_7441.jpg

Could you try doing the elastic a little tighter? Maybe that loosened up and you have too much movement?

seems like a very odd issue! 

I’m having a similar issue with my 1x. They were fairly tight when I got them and now there is major movement in both. I’ve tried tightening the lace that keeps them in and they still aren’t in as tight as they once were so if anyone has any tricks I’d also like to know. 

11 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Could you try doing the elastic a little tighter? Maybe that loosened up and you have too much movement?

seems like a very odd issue! 

It seems that the tighter i strap, the more my knee falls in the "crux" between the block and the pad body, and not the block itself. Happens on nearly every pad I've owned and thats unfortunate because I like my pads relatively snug compared to most. I used to wear them a la Quick, super tight.

@Urabus33

I would say the issue is the Monster knee riser. 

The knee cradle and block are designed to to sit flush together, so when you add a piece in the center, the whole pad is going to sit out of whack.  I suspect the knee wing sitting higher up is putting forward pressure on the pad, causing it to tilt forward  

For your knee landing issue, try angling your knee lock elastic down. It will create more space toward the back of the stack. 

2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

@Urabus33

I would say the issue is the Monster knee riser. 

The knee cradle and block are designed to to sit flush together, so when you add a piece in the center, the whole pad is going to sit out of whack.  I suspect the knee wing sitting higher up is putting forward pressure on the pad, causing it to tilt forward  

For your knee landing issue, try angling your knee lock elastic down. It will create more space toward the back of the stack. 

I will try tomorrow without the spacer. Ill be annoyed if that 50$ piece i cant use with my pads. Oh well.

I already strap my elastic down a la Price so not sure thats causing it. could be bad technique too.

Got on a computer, saw bigger pics.

Here is what I think is happening.

The Monster piece isn't sewn in.  When you apply downward pressure, it's separating from the knee wing and block like this:

(bad ASCII art:) <-
the < is your knee block and knee wing.
the - is the Monster piece.

Your knee knee wing is actually sloping downwards where it connects to your pad.

You can see the pocket it's forming here.  I'd bet your knee is driving into that crevice and pushing the pad even further forward.

image.png.c19edbe689facbc0e3ce871cc0852e86.png

Here, you see the knee block's natural state without any pressure placed. It's V shaped:

image.png.47613210bc4bea8d17af1b2ff3232678.png

I'd repurpose it to go into your C/A.  Forearm, heartguard, shoulder floater reinforcement.
You can also cut and sew it into your knee pads for a bit of extra padding at the knees.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/1/2018 at 1:20 PM, Chenner29 said:

Soooooo did it work?

I found an even better solution, I sold the pads! haha

Ended up finding my (one of my) dream sets and snatched them up. Financially only can have one set at a time so these had to go. SO if anyone wants these Monster KTP's pm me!

16 hours ago, Urabus33 said:

I found an even better solution, I sold the pads! haha

Ended up finding my (one of my) dream sets and snatched them up. Financially only can have one set at a time so these had to go. SO if anyone wants these Monster KTP's pm me!

Nice 

What did you switch to? 

Archived