Differences between our Vintage style pad and our Butterfly line.

Goalie Heaven

GH, if I can add my 2 cents here based on your models posted, and I`ll focus mostly on the newer b-fly model.

The strapping, including elastics, are exactly like I set up on my Smith 1000 pads, minimal but still controlable. 

Where I would offer suggestion for change is in the following: 1- The knee lock outer wing should be as minimal as possible, ei narrowed out as CCM have done, which will help give some angle clearance (flare and rotation) when down in the b-fly position. 2- The leather knee strap should be on a slight down angle where it meets the buckle, for the same reasons as number 1. 3- A sliding or elastic toe tie to relieve ankle/knee stress when b-flying.

That`s it. The rest looks great. Let me know if you need a tester should you apply my suggestions :)

Will new gloves be coming out as well?

On 8/17/2018 at 3:08 PM, RichMan said:

GH, if I can add my 2 cents here based on your models posted, and I`ll focus mostly on the newer b-fly model.

The strapping, including elastics, are exactly like I set up on my Smith 1000 pads, minimal but still controlable. 

Where I would offer suggestion for change is in the following: 1- The knee lock outer wing should be as minimal as possible, ei narrowed out as CCM have done, which will help give some angle clearance (flare and rotation) when down in the b-fly position. 2- The leather knee strap should be on a slight down angle where it meets the buckle, for the same reasons as number 1. 3- A sliding or elastic toe tie to relieve ankle/knee stress when b-flying.

That`s it. The rest looks great. Let me know if you need a tester should you apply my suggestions :)

Will new gloves be coming out as well?

Thanks for all the feedback!

We are working very hard right now in-terms of the re-doing the leg channel completely. As it is outdated. We have a lot of customizable  options available, but we are 100% looking into changing our stock leg channel and strapping. We've been thinking about adding an entirely new knee stack, and a bigger calf wrap, opening up the leg channel a bit more. As guys are trending towards a loose fit leg channel now. I'm a huge fan of the downward knee strap (have them on my CCM Premier II pads).

In terms of manufacturing gloves, we aren't making any at the moment as all of our attention has been towards pads and our gloves are lacking the right material and equipment in-order for them to stand up to pro level type shots.

Archived